InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Divine Suicune. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome Back to the Divine Suicune RPG!
Announcements
Log-In
Welcome!

Sign Me Up
Questions?
Webmaster's Help

Welcome to Divine Suicune!

SuicuneDS, you are LOONG overdue for a visit to us. I am back btw and you need to talk to me and Joan because we miss you! When or if you see this, please contact us :( ~CodeRed

Enjoy your Stay!
Dubbing: 
Pawprint: 

Divine Suicune Site
The Site Rules!!!
Start Your Profile!
Join the team!

Making Sprites Transparent
SuicuneDS
  Posted: Jun 3 2006, 03:36 PM

Im here only as a hobby. SG is the new co-owner.
Group Icon

Group: Founders
Member No.: 1

OMG! I found a link for you.

Okay So you want to know how to make the icky white backgrounds transparent right. well I have good news!. I have a link to a place where you can Download a Free Program to make the background transparent!

Click Here to Download Giffy

Here I will walk you through how to make things transparent.

Okay So you have a sprite with a nasty white background right.

Ie: (Posted Image) <see nasty white background!

Save the Img as 24 bit Bitmap <YOU Must do this.
Once you have saved as BMP go into a paint program. Then OPEN. But DO NOT open the sprite. Right click on the sprite and there should be a some new Options. Click OPEN WITH GIFFY. and it will bring up a grey box. And the sprite should be there. white background and all.

Next step Make sure to click the box Transparent. and it should show a white box. (make sure you change the color in your paint program to make the background a color not used in the sprite. IE. Lime green.

(Posted Image)

Now Open with giffy and Click the Transparent box. if it still shows as white but you have the lime green background hover over the sprite and there will be a cross. Put the cross on the lime green and click. The box should change to green. Then Save as GIF and Upload to an image host. IE: Photobucket and It should look like this after you are done.

(Posted Image)

Cute no ^.^ Congradulations. you have just made a Sprite with a Transparent Background!!!!

This post has been edited by Michael on Jun 30 2008, 09:20 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Affilates Link to Us! Must Visit Sites
Divine Suicune. Experience the Divine!
Link to us!
Make sure to send a Private Message to SuicuneDS or SuicuneGirl to confirm Affilation!
~Disclaimer~
Pokémon is ©1995-2008 Nintendo, Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. All Rights Reserved. All images, creative writings, posts and characters unless otherwise stated belong to their respective sites/owners.
- All site-related content (c) to Divine Suicune unless otherwise stated.
- Group Icons made by Buttongenerator.com
-Reply buttons made by SuicuneDS (c)

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1333 seconds | Archive
Skin Created by Bomberboy210 of the IF Skin Zone