Photobucket
RD

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

More forms
Adelaide Grenada
Posted: Jan 9 2009, 08:16 PM

Jedi Knight/NJOE Council Member

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 15

It's reasonable to assume that combat techniques and theory evolved significantly in the 600 years separating Crescendo from known canon. Included in this category would be lightsaber forms. I think somebody mentioned this offhand a while back, but since it was offhand, it sort of fell by the wayside. But I think that developing a couple new forms, styles, or theories in house would be an interesting project, and certainly practical. Would anybody be interested?

--------------------
Accessories: Hair ties, portable music player, small jet pack
Weapons: Lightspear, Cressya blaster, small knife, two vibrokamas
Droids: N/A
Credits: 1200
Ship: Godspeed, a Libertine-Four class gunship
Current Status: Bastion, sneaking around in a sneaky fashion.
Bio: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Crescendo/inde...t=0#entry755294

user posted image
Zhu E'ren
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 01:17 AM

Unregistered

I don't think lightsaber combat would change that much. Only the various offshoots of Juyo changed any in the time between KotOR and the Clone Wars.
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 02:44 PM

Wedge Antilles

Member No.: 22

I made up a new lightsaber form in one of my fan fictions. I called it Far'totten. Here's the excerpt:

Instead Sederis walked forward, both hands holding his saber in a low stance, but with the point held directly at its opponent. It was a rare variation of Makashi. Where Form II was elegant and aggressive, this form, known as Far’totten, was extremely aggressive and swift. It sacrificed defense for offense and put all balance forward in a pressing attack. His strokes were elusive and constant. Skuldren was put off guard.

Basically you hold the lightsaber straight out from you with two hands, pointing it directly at your opponent and press the attack relentlessly, never giving them a chance to mount a counter or even to leap away. It's a balls out lateral attack form with no defense and requires intense focus from the user.

Due to its more narrow focus, I'd say it's an offshoot of Makashi.

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Jan 13 2009, 07:09 AM

Darkness Wiki Queen/overworked admin
Group Icon

Group: Paladin Jedi (Administrator)
Member No.: 4

I think the admins are going to have to call this one.

--------------------
Accessories: silver ring with a rainbow gem; holocron
Weapons: lightsaber powered with a yellow Ilum crystal
Droid: astromech N7
Ships: The Phoenix, freighter
Current Status: Rishi Maze

user posted image
Jena Skywalker
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 06:37 PM

Unregistered

It sounds like a pretty good idea, though it might be a bit unneeded, considering people usually just explain how they fight without naming a specific form. Kinda like how I do it. I'll talk to Daven about it.
Adelaide Grenada
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 08:46 PM

Jedi Knight/NJOE Council Member

Member No.: 15

The only reason I thought it would be a good idea is because Adelaide's range of weapons is like all over the place (like great great great...grandfather, like great great great...granddaughter) and I thought it might be nice to figure out whether she fits within a certain form. I'm still thinking about her fighting style.

--------------------
Accessories: Hair ties, portable music player, small jet pack
Weapons: Lightspear, Cressya blaster, small knife, two vibrokamas
Droids: N/A
Ship: Godspeed, a Libertine-Four class gunship
Current Status: Bastion, sneaking around in a sneaky fashion.
Bio: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Crescendo/inde...t=0#entry755294

user posted image
Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 10:06 AM

Darkness Wiki Queen/overworked admin
Group Icon

Group: Paladin Jedi (Administrator)
Member No.: 4

Rev just joined BD, and he's a Matukai which I had never heard of before, but on reading about them I was really really interested-- as in, wish I'd made a Matukai character. biggrin.gif

I'd like to incorporate some of the Matukai stuff into the Paladins. This could be a further differentiation between the Paladins and Knights especially in the future.

Here's a link on them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Matukai

--------------------
Accessories: silver ring with a rainbow gem; holocron
Weapons: lightsaber powered with a yellow Ilum crystal
Droid: astromech N7
Ships: The Phoenix, freighter
Current Status: Rishi Maze

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Suggestions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0866 seconds | Archive