Photobucket
RD

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Deception
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 10:38 AM

Group: Independent
Member No.: 50

The first law of getting into anywhere was to look like you belonged there. Jedi expected to see Jedi walking the halls of the Temple, and with the hood of the brown robe drawn far forward obscuring her face Tamaryn looked like a Jedi deep in contemplation. Since she’d wrapped a Jedi persona around herself, she also felt like one to any Jedi who sought to intrude on her. But they didn’t, and nothing short of some kind of catastrophe would cause such a breakdown in the well-mannered restraint drilled into a Jedi.

Of course, getting into the Loyalist Temple hadn’t been a simple exercise in donning a brown robe and waltzing through the front door – but it wasn’t all that hard either. Mostly it consisted of some sweat equity in the underground passageways that led into the depths of the Temple, along with some Force-flashing the security holos. Then Tamaryn donned the brown robe, threw the hood up to cover her features, found the nearest data terminal and plugged into it. She quickly located Otto’s quarters, pulled up a schematic of the temple, determined the right path from “here” to “there”, and memorized it. After that it had been child’s play all the way to the door to Hetzer’s room, which wasn’t even locked. She was just about to enter when a cold presence pressed against her and her skin started to crawl. Reacting instinctively to danger, she ducked inside.

Tamaryn was too experienced to panic and lose her head, but she was shaken. And if what she felt was what she thought it was she couldn’t afford to be. She had to appear to be as deceived as all the Jedi seemed to be. She sunk herself further into the Force because, well, her life most certainly depended on it if she was right. But Tamaryn was what she was and she just had to know if she was right. Knowledge was power. It was tricky; beyond anything she’d attempted so far and her success probably had a lot to do with just being in the temple. It was a nexus of the Force.

Tamaryn waited a good long while before she slipped out of her hiding place. Then she forced herself to do exactly as she’d done getting into the Temple even though everything in her was urging her to Get Out Of There. Once she was well away she poured on the speed, cursing the fact that Coruscant was such a nightmare of a place to get off of.

It wasn’t until she’d jumped to hyperspace on her way to the Rishi Maze that Tamaryn realized she totally forgotten all about the droid. Sith could have that effect on you.

(((OOC: continued in Sanctuary)))

--------------------
Accessories: Standard all purpose accessories pack; rainbow gem necklace
Weapons: Shotto; blaster pistol
Droids: N7 astromech
Wealth: Moderate
Ship: Far Escape, Kinrath star yacht, military grade.
Current Status: Ansion
Nik Durron
Posted: Nov 24 2010, 08:34 AM

Dark Jedi

Group: NPC
Member No.: 30

"Master, aren't we done on Coruscant yet? The war is elsewhere."

Gaven Rothe looked over at his lanky apprentice. He preferred to look down on people, given that he was 193 centimeters tall, that usually wasn't a problem. However, Nik had a good five centimeters on him. It just didn't seem appropriate in a master-apprentice relationship.

Today that feeling was particularly grating, thus he let voice slice like a razor. "Don't be as stupid as the chitliks around you. Coruscant is the nerve center of the Galaxy. The heads of power live here and meet here. The decisions made here affect everything. There is no better place for us to be." He threw a leering smile at his apprentice. "Of course not everyone is suited for the complexities of such work. Perhaps it would be better to send you elsewhere."

Even though it was an insult, Nik couldn't help but feel anticipation and joy at the thought of leaving Coruscant. Gaven was probably right about Nik not being suited for political subterfuge. It wasn't something he was ashamed of because there was a flip side to the coin: not everyone is suited for dirty hand-to-hand nature of combat, either. When your time comes, it might be easier than I ever hoped.

He quickly hid those thoughts away under the many layers of clouds his mind was already full of.

Clueless to his apprentice's line of thoughts, Gaven carried on. "I'd send you to help out you know who-" neither of them dared say Grae's name out loud, "-but the Paladins are already suspicious about you. You wouldn't be much help."

Nik had had just about enough of his master's jabs today.

"Nevertheless, I know exactly where you would be most useful." This time Gaven let a smug smile warm his face, creasing his tan skin and revealing crow's feet at the corners of his brown eyes. "Anaxes will no doubt be the next battlefield. The GA doesn't see this yet-"

Nik almost questioned that, but cut himself off before he could do more that whimper an inaudible sound.

Gaven caught it though. "-I have my sources, my apprentice. The GA is rather focused on Coruscant and the Corellian Run right now. They have two offensive Fleet Groups they are forming, but they won't be completed before Anaxes happens. I have a feeling it will be a Coaliton victory, but this is to plan."

But whose plan? There was a time that Gaven had hinted that there was another, someone whom they were destined to overcome. Nik was certain that individual was not Grae. And that meant that there was another Sith. You have a master, Gaven. I bet you and Grae think you can take him on. We'll see about that, too.

"In order to keep the balance of war..." Gaven paused as a nearby drift of Jedi passed, "...we need to ensure a GA victory to follow. The Corellian Run would do nicely. Seek out Admiral Victor Saar. Mention to the Loyalist Council that your master thinks you need a mission or two in assisting the GAN. Some combat experience. They'll be somewhat reluctant after what happened at Ryloth, but if you push, I believe they will give in. Hassel is a military man after all."

"Yes master."

Master and apprentice, both Jedi and Sith, continued walking through the halls of the Jedi Temple. No one suspected there presence. They were just fellow Loyalists. Why would anyone think to pry into their privacy to see if they were Sith underneath?

And that odd feeling that washed by, the one that made you skin ripple with goosebumps, that made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, why that was just a cold breeze. The temple was a drafty place after all. And those feelings of bad omens were common with the war on in full swing. No one knew who would be next to die in combat. Didn't Jedi Knight Otto Hetzer die not more than a day or two ago? If the rising star of the Loyalists could vanish like that, then anyone could be next.

Thus the Sith continued on.

Even though one person had felt their real presence.
Gaven Rothe
Posted: Nov 24 2010, 10:50 AM

Oola

Group: NPC
Member No.: 38

Two hours later, Nik Durron was flying through Coruscant's atmosphere, on his way to GAN headquarters in Corellia, while Gaven Rothe descended into the depths of Coruscant itself.

To be honest, as far into the underlevels as he was, Gaven was still nowhere near the surface of the planet. Centuries of upward construction made travel to the planet's surface a difficult affair. There were a few patches of preserved Yuuzhan Vong gardens, areas where Yuuzhan Vong biots had utterly eliminated all signs of unliving existence, but they had become tourist attractions, and Gaven needed to avoid attention.

So six hundred levels down a nearly forgotten turboshaft, Gaven stepped into a room that was more like dungeon. The walls, floor, and ceiling were all layered with thick beskar-gam plating liberated from a Mandalorian frigate. There were no windows and no artificial viewscreens. A series of overhead glow rods illuminated the cold gray steel in a stinging white light. The air was tinged with an odd odor that filtered through the room's life support generator, a necessity due to the quality and quantity of air available.

But Gaven was used to all of this by now. The only object that captured his attention was the being suspended in grav restraints on the far wall.

"Daven Solo." The words echoed in the small room.

Daven opened his eyes and looked at his captor. "You're wasting your time. Kill me or let me go."

Gaven laughed. "Why would I do that, Daven? We know each other so well. I've been your master for years now."

"Why didn't I know?"

The words were soft and not directed at Gaven. They were the words of a deeply distraught person questioning their own faults.

"All that indoctrination. Really, Daven. How can I be so different? You know me. As a Jedi. How can I be so different as a Sith?"

Daven rolled his eyes across the room toward a putrid looking mound of barely moving material.

"Ah, the Embrace of Pain." Gaven almost sounded like he was really surprised by the observation. "That would certainly be a striking difference between the Jedi and Sith Order. Yet did not the great Jacen Solo, one of your predecessors, also endure the Embrace of Pain to become something greater? A necessary evil that allowed him to transform into something magnificent, a being who was able to stop the Yuuzhan Vong who threatened the entire galaxy?"

For a long moment, Daven actually digested those thoughts. "The Yuuzhan Vong don't threaten this galaxy anymore." He paused. "And Jacen fell to the dark side and became a monster."

Gaven's face became unkindly as his mouth straightened into a cold horizon. "He may have fell apart afterward, but you cannot disagree that he did achieve something under his master's tutelage. It was only when he was without a master that he fell to pieces."

Daven didn't reply. He was not a scholar or history buff, and he didn't know that much about the subject material. It was possible that Gaven was telling the truth. It was also possible that he was lying.

Turning you is not going to be that easy, is it. Gaven sighed and looked over at a nearby table. Half a dozen death sticks glowed eerily there. To a user, they probably pulsed with their own beat, like little living creatures begging to be consumed.

He grabbed two and walked closer to Daven. This time the Jedi did not look at him with hate and hostility. No. This time there was anticipation.

Gaven cracked a sinister smile as he punched the death stick into one of Daven's restrained arms.

The Jedi convulsed as the drug entered his blood stream, a surge of joy and exultation.

Gaven waited a full minute before he administered the second dose, then tossed the two empty vials into a trash bin and took a seat.

If I can't turn you with words and torture, I'll break you with drugs and addiction. I'll blur the line between the need for the drug, and the need for me. The need for me, and the need for the dark side. Slowly, step-by-step, you will be my apprentice...again.

And if that didn't do it? Well there was always the fact that Daven's brother was being held by Grae somewhere on the Rim. Between drugs and the threat of killing his own flesh and blood, Gaven was fairly certain Daven Solo would break.

You will obey me, Daven Solo. One way or another.
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Nov 25 2010, 02:19 PM

Wedge Antilles

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 22

Four days later...

Knight Rider slipped down into its docking birth at the Loyalist Temple without any issues. In fact, the Jedi operating the traffic control station was near jubilant to hear that Otto was alright. There had been no questioning, no interrogation, just a 'Glad to have you back' and 'birth four is open.'

Stepping out into the hangar, Otto took a deep breath of air and relished the mechanical smells of oil, rubber, and burnt starship fuel.

"Lead the way."

Tamaryn didn't move, she simply stared at Otto. He felt her gaze in the Force. "Uh, sorry. Didn't realize I'm the one who knows the way around." He let out a laugh. "How's it feel to be led by a blind man?"

Tamaryn wasn't laughing. "Your Force sight creeps me out."

Otto looked over at her. He could make out her outline and blurred chromatic features, but it was almost impossible for him to detect the distinctive lines of her face, the subtle curve of her cheeks, or even the color of her eyes. It was unsettling.

"Well be thankful I can make out walls and doors otherwise we'd really be in trouble. My memory is pretty good, but there's no way I could walk you through with directions on how to get where we need to go." He paused. "Speaking of destinations, let's go to my room first."

"What?!"

Otto laughed again, much to Tamaryn's displeasure. "To get my droid, silly. I miss BOZ. I haven't seen him in a while."

He felt Tamaryn loosen up a little. Through the Force, she had felt tense ever since they started their approach to the Temple. He tried to imagine what it would feel like infiltrating a compound filled with emotion reading lie detectors walking everywhere in search of some followers of one of the most deadly manifestations of the Force, the dark side.

Otto shrugged and started walking toward the hangar exit. Winding through the corridors and several turbolifts, they arrived at his room without any stops or problems. Tamaryn hadn't sensed the Sith, and neither had Otto.

"Maybe they left." He suggested as he opened the door to his room.

"Maybe." Tamaryn didn't sound very convinced.

"Master!" A loud voice blasted from inside.

"Hey BOZ, I'm back."

His domed, cyclops eyed droid floated into the room's small living area as lights began illuminating from the ceiling.

"They said you were dead! Did you know they were planning on giving me a memory wipe and auctioning me off?"

"You're kidding." Otto's face grew serious. "They were going to wipe you and sell you?"

"I'm so glad you're not dead, master. And who is this lovely lady? Can I get you anything to drink, miss, perhaps something to eat? A chair? Pillow?"

"Easy BOZ, if she needs something she'll ask for it. This is Tamaryn Farlander...she's my new apprentice."

BOZ's singular photoreceptor dimmed for a mere second. Otto didn't see it or detect it, but if he had, he might have wondered if the droid knew better.

Ignorant of the droid's uncanny intelligence, Otto walked over into the kitchen to see what kind of food and drink he had on hand. "I'm going to have to do something about that. Get a will wrote up and declare you an independent droid..."

His words trailed off as he dug around in his fridge feeling the various contents.

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 02:49 PM

Tamaryn had to admit that life at the Loyalist temple wasn’t bad outside of all the bowing and scraping to the masters -- and it was also a little boring. Okay, it was a lot boring, but the food made up for it. That and the consternation her unconventional ways brought to said masters. The masters invariably went to Otto and “spoke” (such a polite euphemism for lecture) to him about teaching his obstreperous apprentice some proper Jedi discipline and humility. Yeah, that’d be the day.

Lying face up on her bed, Tamaryn glanced over at the chrono. Ten more minutes of meditation and then she could sneak out and enjoy some Coruscanti night life. With any luck she’d hook up with a Zeltron. You’d think with all the single male Jedi about, she wouldn’t have even leave her room, but everyone here who wasn’t married or seriously involved was way into celibacy, and Otto was a total non-starter when it came to that. Tamaryn thought Otto was a little too fastidious. It wasn’t like she was really his apprentice, but he was playing it by the book.

The chrono had ticked off the tenth minute and Tamaryn had just slipped into her Jedi robe (which she fully intended to ditch once she was past the temple), when her comlink chimed. With groan for her spoiled fun, Tamaryn answered it.

“Yes, master?”

“Meet me at the river behind the Temple. We need to have a little walk and talk.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up on this level of Coruscant there was no true darkness so Tamaryn had no problem making out Otto where he waited down by the riverbank. Good thing too because he was dampening his presence. Tamaryn followed suit and dampened hers down accordingly. She joined Otto and he didn’t speak until they’d walked the river path some ways past the Temple.

“We’ve been given an assignment.” Otto said without preliminary. “We are to discreetly investigate the Senate for any hidden Paladin sympathizers. I accepted the assignment.”

“You can’t do that.” Tamaryn hissed. “You promised.”

“Yes, I did and I intend to keep that promise. However, it’s a perfect cover for investigating the Senate for Sith.”

“Uh, I sensed the Sith in the Temple, not the Senate.” Tamaryn reminded Otto.

Otto sighed and studied his erstwhile apprentice. “Did you not learn any galactic history growing up? Emperor Palpatine hid his presence from the Jedi for years right here on Coruscant. Don’t underestimate what a Sith is capable of. The fact that a Sith is in the Senate may be the reason we haven’t sensed a dark presence since our return. He or she may simply not have been inside the Jedi Temple since you sensed them.”

“Alright, that makes sense, but, Otto, we’re jedi; we’re going to stick out like sore digits in the Senate.”

“I know. I’ll think of something.”

--------------------
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 3 2011, 02:53 PM

Wedge Antilles

Otto returned to his chambers unable to sleep. Normally he would have hit the cantinas at this late of hour, but lately his blindness was getting the better of his morale, and he just didn't feel up to it.

Besides, he had a mission to do.

So he and BOZ stayed up late into the early morning hours pouring over Senate dossiers. Tamaryn was right that two Jedi would stick out in the Senate, and it had little to do with brown robes and lightsabers. In order to pass through the security checkpoints, they'd need security badges, and no one would be mistaking them as Senators. The only real option was to pose as Senator's aides or some custodial role.

"I still think Senator aide is the better choice."

BOZ's photorecptor dimmed as he looked over at Otto across a desk strewn with datapads and flimsi. "But you don't know the first thing about Senatorial aides, and more importantly, you would still need a Senator for your cover to work."

"But Boz, a janitor or secretary just isn't going to have the sort of access or freedom we need. Mouse droids do most of the clean up work, and half the secretaries are droids too."

"Do you have a sponsor in mind?"

Otto smiled in the gloomy light of his desk lamp. "Well my first choice would have been Senator Truger, unfortunately he stepped out with the other Coalition Senators. And that means Torvokka is out too, plus Hapes and Mon Calamari."

"But you have someone else in mind?" BOZ pried rather perceptively for a droid.

"Two actually, and both are on the Senate Security Council. I'm leaning toward Senator Craden. She's pro-Jedi. I think she would hear me out."

"And attractive too."

Otto cocked an eyebrow at his droid. "Are you insinuating something?"

BOZ's tone was deflective. "Oh no, master. It was just an observation."

"Observation." Otto muttered. He began to wonder just how close of an eye his droid was keeping on him. He shrugged that thought aside.

"Whose the other possibility?"

"Senator Xzow."

BOZ's photoreceptor brightened in surprise. "He's certainly crazy."

"Precisely. The old alien is practically a loony toon. It could play into our favor."

"Or backfire into your face."

"Or backfire into our faces." Otto conceded. "That's why I'm leaning toward Craden."

Otto turned off his datapads and hit the desk lamp. "Sun's rising already. I better get some sleep. I hate that meditative rest stuff." Otto rose up wandered over to his bedroom, tinting the windows to maximum. "Good night BOZ."

"Good night master."

Otto woke up around noon to the smell of sizzling nuna bacon. Shuffling into the kitchen, he saw BOZ manipulating the stove. "Toast?" Otto asked.

"On the way, master."

Otto got himself some orange juice out of the fridge. "Where's my comlink?" He mumbled to himself. Finding it, he commed Tamaryn. "Tamaryn, this is Otto." He waited for a reply, but all he heard was a groan.

"Tamaryn, you awake." Another groan, but this one sounded like a curse...several vindictive curses. "Too early?"

"Never call me before I've had my caf."

The com terminated. Otto looked over at BOZ. "Guess she's making caf." He shrugged and made himself a plate. Might as well eat breakfast while I wait.

Twenty minutes later, he got the feeling she wasn't going to call back, so he called her again.

"What?"

She sounded irritated. "Uh, Tamaryn, this is Otto?"

He heard another groan, this one sounding like defeat. "Alright, what do you want?"

"I figured out a way we can infiltrate the Senate: Senatorial aides." Again Otto waited for a reply, he thought he heard someone else in the background.

"That could work."

Otto smiled. At least she sounded thoughtful now and not like a nexu wanting to bite his head off. "We can go over the details later, but I'd like to meet with Senator Craden of the Astral Sector today. She's on Coruscant. I'm going to see if I can get a meeting with her. If your up to it, let me know."

"Up to it..." Tamaryn paused on the verge of a retort but it disappeared, "...well not right now. Give me another hour and some cups of caf to wake up and I'll call you."

"Okay. See you then." Otto was about to close the comlink when Tamaryn spoke up.

"Uh, Otto...could you have BOZ swing by my quarters with a spare Jedi robe. One of those plain brown ones."

"Sure." He hesitated. "Take care."

He closed the comlink and wondered why Tamaryn would need an extra robe. "BOZ, grab one of those brown robes I never wear and stop by Tamaryn's quarters. She said she needs it."

"No problem, master."

"Thanks."

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
user posted image
Sariss
Posted: Jan 5 2011, 11:14 AM

Chief of State

Group: Galactic Alliance
Member No.: 39

Halls of the Senate:

Sariss saw him approaching and her scales reflexively rippled in disgust, but she still managed to bend her pebbly lips into a fake smile. "Senator Casha, it is good to see you."

The Ryn seemed oblivious that she could be anything but. "Chief Sariss, I've been looking for you. Senator Cutter, the head of the Outer Rim Treaties Committee, said I needed to speak to you if I wanted to press the matter of the Ryn's Right to a homeworld."

Sariss bared her teeth as she saw where this was going. "Which world is it this time?"

Casha didn't even flinch. "Eriadu."

"Eriadu?" Sariss echoed with incredibility. "Don't you think Senator Truger will have something to say about this?"

A predatory smile slipped onto the Ryn's face. Sariss recognized it immediately. As ridiculous as he looked in his bright, lavish clothing, Senator Casha was an ambitious opportunitist. Rather dangerous for someone who is now on the Security Council.

"Chief Sariss, you know as well as I do that Senator Truger is a supporter of the Coalition and he left with the other Coalition Senators. His planet no longer has a say in the Senate."

"That's a technicality, Casha. Just because their presence is no longer here does not mean they have no say. The Senate has not formally expelled them from their posts. Regardless, I doubt your peers will side with you on this issue. Eriadu has become a prosperous world in recent years. Some are calling it the new Jewel of the Outer Rim. And whether Senator Truger is here or not, he was very well respected in the Senate. Not many would turn against him like that."

"Even in this time of war?" Casha pressed. "For an enemy planet?"

Sariss stopped in her tracks, forcing other passing Senators and aides to walk around. "First off, Eriadu has not yet engaged in any offensive action. Secondly, even if the rest of the Outer Rim Treaties Committee agreed with you, how would you possibly rest control of the planet from the Eriaduans?"

"We are at war, Chief Sariss, and Eriadu is a major supporter of the enemy, thus a likely target for the GAN."

Sariss' eyes narrowed to slits. "Which admiral?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

It was a lie, but Sariss didn't expect him to reveal the truth anyway, but it was worth a shot. "Senator Cutter sent you to me, and I have heard you out. You do not have my support in this matter. Is there anything else you want?"

Finally that predatory grin slid off Casha's face. "No, Chief Sariss. Thank you for your time."

He swept off down the hall, and Sariss' eyes followed him for several heart beats. Her inner being longed to sink fangs into his hide. She was very tempted to do it and claim self-defense. There was a very good chance she would get away with it.

Why oh why did the Ryn send him of all people. She briefly wondered. Probably because he drives a hard and relentless bargain and is always looking for opportunities. He does always seek a good deal for his people and not just himself.

A person like that could make a useful weapon if she could figure out how to point him in the right direction. She made a mental note of that and move on.

"Hello Chief Sariss."

Sariss looked up and saw the face of Senator Craden. She looked weak and flawless, which seemed to be the human standard for beauty. Sariss again dug down and flashed another forced smile as she again cursed human expression. "Good day to you, Senator Craden. Actually I've been meaning to schedule an appointment with you to talk about something." Sariss paused. "Would you happen to have any free time this evening?"

Senator Craden frowned. "I'm sorry Chief Sariss, but I'm afraid I'm all booked up for this evening. I'm meeting with some new aides and I have a dinner appointment later." She flashed a quick smile. "However, I am free tomorrow, whenever would work best for you."

"Good, tomorrow would be fine. Lunch, perhaps?"

"Lunch would be perfect."

"I'll have my secretary send over the details. Until then." Sariss nodded and they parted.

Now to deal with that hot head leading the anti-Jedi faction.
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 7 2011, 10:59 AM

Wedge Antilles

Otto fidgeted with his optical visor. "I still don't like it."

"It's all the rage in some circles, master." BOZ assured him. "It provides real time display modes with high speed HoloNet connection, various monitoring programs completely customizable by the user, custom tinting, and it automatically enhances your eyesight."

"Well all those nifty options don't mean much to a blind person and these audio pop ups are annoying." Otto grumbled as he terminated an audio forecast for today on Coruscant.

"Did you read the manual?"

"No. Blind, remember?"

BOZ emitted a laugh that truly sounded human, however the lack of any facial features still made it seem less than sincere. "Make a tsking noise twice and it will suppress all audio messages."

Otto did so and was immediately rewarded with a soundless ear speaker. "Astral. Now is the tinting on?"

"Ah, no. Here, let me adjust the privacy setting in the visual cue menu." BOZ emitted a short burst of static. "There."

The privacy mode on his visor immediately tinted it a blank, non-reflective sliver color that prevent anyone from seeing the blank stare of his blind eyes.

"Can't see me?"

"Oh my! Where did you go?"

"Very funny BOZ. Seriously."

"Your eyes are concealed, as expected."

"Good."

"You know, you really ought to let me pick out your outfits."

Otto paused as he was walking across the pedway between buildings. "Why?" Fearing the worst, he began to blush.

"You're wearing a bright red shirt and blue slacks. From what I've gathered in studying the latest fashion trends, that is still a rather taboo choice of colors unless you're a Ryn gypsy."

"Stang. Why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"This is much more amusing, master."

Otto couldn't glower so he didn't even bother. "Giving you a sense of humor is one thing, humiliating me is another. I'll get you back you know."

BOZ was quiet for a few seconds as they finishing crossing the pedway. "There is a clothing store not far from here. If you wanted..."

"Excellent idea. And your paying."

"Fine. And I'll help you pick something out."

"Oh no. I'll get someone in there to help me out. You might find something even sillier and irresistible."

"That is a possibility." BOZ conceded.

Thirty minutes later.

"How do I look?"

"Like an accountant." BOZ replied in a deflated tone.

"Good enough." Otto pulled out his comlink and clicked the time and date. A soothing female voice replied. "Hmm, not a lot of time left. We'll be cutting it close getting to the Senate Building. I'll call Tamaryn and let her know to meet us there." He hit the speed dial button and promptly heard Tamaryn answer. "Tamaryn, I'm heading to the Senate building now to meet with Senator Craven. Go ahead and meet us there."

"Okay. See you soon." She paused a brief second. "Don't fly into any buildings."

Otto laughed. "Don't worry, BOZ is yelling at me when to turn. See you then." He cut the call and looked at BOZ. "Hail an air taxi BOZ."

BOZ looked over at his master. "There's one in front of you."

Otto frowned. Focusing a little more in the Force, he picked up the object in front of him. Not detecting it bothered him.

"It's alright, master. Mirluka are born without eyes. Seeing in the Force is first nature to them. You're still doing pretty good for a blind person."

"Make sure to stop me before I walk off a pedwalk. It wouldn't be very funny."

BOZ didn't crack a joke. Otto wished he could touch his droid in the Force and send him emotions of gratitude. He knew BOZ cared deeply for him.

"You're paying for the taxi too." Otto hopped into the cab.

"If you're going to try and spend all of my money, at least take me somewhere more risque. Taxis and clothing stores are hardly exciting."

"When's the last time we hit the town?" Otto asked as BOZ stepped into the cab.

"Hey, where to buddy?" The cabby asked.

"Senate building. Main entrance."

"You got it."

"Two months since your accident." BOZ replied.

Otto was quiet as he dove into his own thoughts. When was the last time he had some fun? Had he let the accident take over his life? Did he even have a life any more?

At least being around BOZ again made him feel alive. Ever since the accident, he'd dove feet first and full on into the war. Combat and conflict had been his focus. And somewhere along the way, he'd lost who he was as a person.

I'm a weapon.

The realization made his skin crawl. He didn't like what he'd become.

But there's still time. I can still go back. He looked over at BOZ and reassured himself. Tonight he would take BOZ out and they'd have some fun. Mission be damned. Tamaryn isn't the only one who can have a life. Bad role model or not.

He smiled. Suddenly the world felt brighter. He felt good inside.

"Where do you want to eat at tonight, BOZ?"

BOZ spun his photorecptor over. Though the droid didn't eat or drink anything, he did enjoy scenery and, for a droid, he had a peculiar enjoyment for picking out appealing places. "Sarin's Delights is always amusing, but perhaps Vass'nau'renthen's would be better."

"Nau's it is then."

Nau's was a fancy sit down restaurant that was owned by a well to do Chiss financial mogul. The food was good and the architecture was all geared toward window seats and artful plays on lighting.

"You buying?"

"Of course, my master. What else our droids good for."

"Hope you're a good tipper." The cabby remarked from the front seat with a wink and grin. "Senate building, front entrance. That'll be 3 credits."

--------------------
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 12:01 PM

Tamaryn waited for Otto at the senate entrance, well pleased with the persona she’d concocted; appropriately professional yet…alluring. Despite what Otto or anyone else might think, Tamaryn had run enough scams to know that looking the part was half the success, and when you stripped off all the high-minded Jedi-speak this was just another scam. Still, it would require finesse to play her part. While Tamaryn wanted to attract male attention, she had no intention herself of becoming some senator’s little convenient piece of aide on the side. Oh well, there was always Force suggestion to fall back on.

As she waited an air taxi pulled up and Otto and Boz disembarked. Apparently Otto’s mind was running along the same lines, she thought as she eyed his new outfit. It might look deceptively boring, but Tamaryn couldn’t help but notice the outfit was cut to showcase Otto’s assets; those fine, broad shoulders, and long legs. And there wasn’t anything but muscle on those abs of his. Tamaryn’s mouth compressed into a thin line.

“About time you got here. She snappishly commented as she turned on her heel and headed into the senate.

--------------------
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 01:52 PM

Wedge Antilles

Otto cocked an eyebrow, though the gesture was subdued by his sunglasses. He turned his head toward BOZ, he could feel the air displacement caused by the droid's hovering body. "Did she seem a little...edgy?"

"Perhaps, master. I am a droid after all, my opinion of organics is not always correct. You are a very difficult to predict."

Otto thought he definitely caught a hint of something though he didn't quite want to say just what that something was.

Regardless, Otto had other things to attend to, like overcoming his blindness. Relaxing his mind and shifting his focus, he eased into his Force sight and the comfortable hum in created in the back of his mind. He could now see the stairs and the Senate building before him. Tamaryn was already half up the stairs.

Otto followed without any difficulties. To any bystanders, it would have been impossible to deduce that he was blind.

Which in a way, was part of his plan. He doubted there were too many blind Senatorial aides, and the extra attention was something he didn't need.

Tamaryn beat him to the door, but at least she slowed her pace once inside and Otto was able to catch up, with Bondar hovering behind him.

"Senator Craden should be on floor 27. Her offices are in the Karos-section. From what I've gathered, it's kind of tucked away toward the back side of the building. Not the easiest place to get to."

Otto approached the first security check point. All traffic was funneled in between two massive sensor towers disguised as architectural columns. Next to each column was a Senate Guard.

With complete confidence, Otto walked right through the scanners. There were no tell tale signs that he'd set off any alarms, and the guards had certainly remain unchanged, though he could feel their watchful gaze upon him.

Another individual, this one dressed in a suit, approached Otto. "Welcome to the Senate building, sir. How may I help you?"

"My associate and I are here to meet with Senator Craden. We have an appointment."

"Just a second." The Ranat skimmed his datapad and nodded. "May I see your identification please?"

Otto reached out his hand and the Ranat waved a small hand held scanner that painlessly collected his dna. After a quick confirmation, the datapad chirped. "Identification confirmed. I will need to check your associate as well...and is the droid with you too?"

"If it's any inconvenience, I can have BOZ wait outside..."

"Oh no." The Ranat quickly spoke up. "It's no problem, it's just droids need to pass a different scanner before they are allowed into the deeper areas of the Senate."

The Ranat proceeded to check Tamaryn, again without issue, and then BOZ was scanned separately, and with a different device. All of them were ultimately cleared to enter. The Ranat was even kind enough to give them some tips on how to get there quickly.

So a few long trips down some very exquisitely decorated halls, and a few short hops on turbolifts and turbowalkways, and eventually they finally made it to Senator Craden's secluded section of the Senate building.

It actually wasn't a bad spot. Outside the office was a nice view of four different levels and a massive fountain. Her offices were also located next to the Corellian Senator's and the Onderon banking offices. Otto assumed the location was somewhat ideal.

There were two guards on either side of the entrance to Craden's offices. These were notably not Senate Guards. In fact, they looked like high class mercenaries. There was something familiar about their armor.

Ailon Nova Guard. The memory flashed in Otto's head. Years ago, back when he was still apprenticed to Master Graf, he had encountered a member of the Ailon Nova Guard. Interestingly enough, the merc was engaged in hand-to-hand brawl with a Mandalorian, and the Mando was worse for wear. Master Graf had commented on the excellent technique, saying that if all Ailon's fought like that, the Nova Guard certainly lived up to their reputation.

It was with a deep respect that Otto walked past the two guards.

Craden's secretary looked up from his desk and recognized Otto instantly. "Ah, the two aides, yes, Senator Craden has been expecting you. Please, go right in."

Craden's personal office was full of blue, from the curtains to the cushions on the chair, and especially the deep, rich rug.

The Senator was seated behind her desk and waved for Otto and Tamaryn to have a seat. The door swished closed, leaving BOZ outside.

"This is quite the gamble for Loyalist Jedi." Senator Craden began by getting straight to the point. "Luckily for you I'm inclined to cooperate with the Jedi. Though I must say I'm surprised that the Loyalists would want to have spies in the Senate."

"We're not exactly here to spy, Senator Craden." Otto corrected.

"Really? So the Jedi really have enough manpower to go around to send a Jedi Knight and his apprentice to work as aides for the Senator of the Astral Sector? Does that mean Senator Naberri got a Jedi Master?"

Senator Craden's face slipped into a frown as no one laughed. "I'm afraid that was suppose to be joke.. You do know that she's the President of the Senate, right?"

"Yes." Otto answered. "We're not completely ignorant of the Senate. And as for your other questions, I suppose I'm just not comfortable with the label of 'spy.' I'd prefer to think we're just trying to get an idea of who our friends are, that's all."

"Reasonable enough, you've got no complaints from me. I have plenty of spies in the Senate. It goes with the territory." She continued on before either of the Jedi could comment on that. "So I 'officially' sign you on as my aides, and I assume you wander around the Senate snooping...what do I get out of this? I'm betting you won't share any of your finds."

"I'm not sure the Council would agree to that, but I could bring it to their attention..."

Senator Craden waved her hand away as if to banish the thought from her vicinity. "I have enough 'wait and see' delegations as is. The last thing I need is to be submitting requests to the Loyalist Council and waiting for them to come to a decision to reveal their information...no, I think I can come up with something better."

And that was when Otto could feel the Senator's gaze taking full attention of him. It was not the sort of look that went unnoticed.

"I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." Otto added hastily, then blushing as he began to think about those implifications. "So, do we get the job?"

Senator Craden shifted her gaze to Tamaryn. "Jedi Knight Otto Hetzer has a somewhat public profile, having nearly captured Chief of State Kas Haan's assassin, among other deeds." She paused for a brief moment. "On the other hand, I know very little about you, dear. Before I go putting my neck on the line for possible treason, I'd like to know that you are someone I can trust."

In the uncomfortable silence that followed, even Otto found his attention hovering on Tamaryn.

--------------------
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Jan 27 2011, 08:05 PM

Repressing the urge to give Otto another quick burn with her lightsaber, Tamaryn showed a suitably respectful face to Senator Craden.

“Until recently I was nothing more than a salvager working in the Outer Rim, Senator, which is why you’ve never heard of me.” Tamaryn explained. “I was recently in the Ryloth system claiming salvage after the battle there between Saul the Hutt and the GA forces. That’s how Master Hetzer and I met.”

“Actually, Senator, Jedi Farlander is being modest. I was injured and unconscious and Tamaryn not only rescued me, she healed me. I, as a result, acquired a very able apprentice.”

Now that was smooth, Tamaryn considered, casting her in a heroic light to the senator. A little of her annoyance with Otto subsided. She’d sensed genuine praise in there. Still, she sent Otto a Force nudge to ease up on the sugar-coating – mostly just to see if it would work. They were hardly, as apprentice and master (or anything else for that matter), bonded. It must have worked because Otto sort of started before catching himself.

“That’s very…admirable, Jedi Farlander.” Craden replied as if she didn’t find it at all admirable. “And it does explain the lack of background on you. Well, I suppose if Master Hetzer trusts you enough to make you his apprentice, I can trust you to protect me from exposure.”

“Yes, Ma’am. It would rather defeat our purpose if we didn’t protect you.” Tamaryn smiled sweetly, and the way Craden smiled sweetly in return, she knew the senator had gotten the message. Otto might be about protecting the senator; Tamaryn was about protecting the Jedi Order.

Of course, Craden didn’t know Tamaryn couldn’t have cared two credits for the Jedi Order; she was about protecting herself, her family and Otto as well. Well, Craden didn’t have to know that. Besides Tamaryn was sure Craden wouldn’t hesitate to throw Otto to the wolves to protect herself.

“Well, this is what we’ll do. You’ll be my personal assistant.” Craden made a gesture indicating Otto. “My regular assistant is about to go on maternity leave so it’s the perfect opportunity to slip you into position. You,” Craden somewhat rudely pointed at Tamaryn “can fill the position of liaison between this office and various other senate offices. This should afford both of you plenty of opportunity to, ah, gather information without being questioned. I tend to keep my assistants very busy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a committee meeting I’m already late for.”

Craden rose, plastered her politician’s smile in place and escorted them to the door. “I’ll see you bright and early in the morning. Be prepared; I do tend to work my assistants.”

“I’ll just bet she does.” Tamaryn low-voiced to Otto the minute the door closed behind them. “At least she’s cooperating, but I don’t trust her.”

“She’s a politician. Of course, she can’t be trusted.” Otto returned in an equally low voice.

“I wonder how well the senate pays; I’ll guess we’ll find out.” Now that that business was behind them, Tamaryn’s good spirits were returning. “We should celebrate our rise in the political world. How about it?”

She was half joking, but rather hoping that Otto would take her up on the offer. She’d never seen him being anything other than a Jedi. She wondered what he was like when he was having a good time…if he ever did actually have a good time.

“Sorry, I have another commitment.” Otto replied, and with BOZ beside him walked off leaving Tamaryn behind.

“Okay, bye, honey.” Tamaryn called after him, loud enough for anyone in the office to hear her. “See you later at home.”

--------------------
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:41 AM

Wedge Antilles

Otto cringed as he walked away, he canted his gaze back at BOZ's presence in the Force. "Honey?"

"That is correct, master, unless both our auditory systems are malfunctioning. It seems unlikely."

He shook his head, but BOZ didn't let up. "It's your own fault, you should have invited her to dinner."

"I know." Otto frowned. "I thought about it, but....I don't know. Something got confused in my thoughts and I got focused on just us two having some time out and I blurted out the first thing that came to mind."

"You should be careful, master. Stick your foot into your mouth too many times and there won't be any second chances."

Otto walked through the doorway and out into the bright artificial sunlight of Coruscant. "I'm already beaten, you can put the club..."

BOZ hovered beside his master as Otto stood still. "What is it?"

Otto was quiet for a minute. He didn't say anything. He barely moved.

Finally, "Nothing." He sagged his head. "Come on, let's catch a taxi and go see a holofilm. I need to take my mind off...things."

"Can you see a holofilm?"

"Hmm." With Force sight, Otto could see objects but they were without color. So far he had no trouble reading a datapad or the instrument panel on his starfighter. From what he had gathered, most Force users developed Force sight a little differently from each other. For instance, the Mirluka could actually see through walls and doors with their Force sight. "Only one way to find out."

Several hours later...

Revenge of the Caamasi turned out to be a pretty good flick, even though Otto could only see it in black and white. "What'd you think BOZ? Best film of the year?"

"It could have used more droids."

Otto laughed. "I'll admit that nothing beats Finding the Maker, but for second place, Revenge of the Caamasi was pretty good."

"That I will concede. It was very well done. Few films have covered the Caamasi, and none to my knowledge in that light."

"Well I'm pretty hungry, you read for dinner?"

"I'm as hungry as a droid can be."

"Very funny." Otto hailed an air cab as they walked out of the theater. Using his Force sight, this time he made sure he spotted the cab without any surprises. "Nau's please."

The cabby, a rather clean looking Dug, nodded as they stepped into the cab.

A short ride later, Otto and BOZ walked out in front of Nau's and gazed at the incredibly long line. "Stang...this I didn't can't on."

BOZ seemed equally stunned. "It certainly wasn't this busy last time. We must have hit it at a bad time."

"Bad for us at least." Otto estimated it'd take them over an hour just to get seated.

And then a familiar face saw him.

"Jedi Knight Hetzer, how interesting to see you again." Senator Craden approached him as she left her stretch air cab behind. "It certainly looks like a busy night..." and with perceptive ease she summed up their dilemma. "No reservations?"

"Afraid not."

Senator Craden smiled. "Why don't you join me for dinner? I hate to eat alone and my usual company is quite boring." Otto looked at BOZ, but before he could say anything she added. "Your droid is quite welcome as well."

And with that, there was little else holding him back. "Okay." As an afterthought, "Thank you."

Again she smiled another luscious grin which made her face glow in a pleasant way. She took Otto by the hand and let him past the line and into the restaurant.

He wasn't quite sure where this was heading as his plan had just gone right out the window and plummeted a thousand stories into Coruscant's unseen surface. As could be expected, the Force wasn't telling him anything.

Later on...

Senator Craden was definitely a politician, but she was also a person. She spoke with humor and ease, often changing subjects and occasionally probing into Otto's past. It felt good to have a healthy conversation with someone who he didn't have to treat as an enemy. He wasn't worried about revealing anything that could hurt anyone, as Senator Craden didn't seem to be interested in his mission at all.

In fact, she seemed wholly interested in him.

Otto set down his empty glass and let his gaze peer out at the window. He didn't feel as sad not being able to see the colors of the sky. Perhaps it was the warmth of the alcohol in his system.

He glanced back at his empty plate and the late hour. Senator Craden's eyes were intently on him. BOZ meanwhile was off hovering and talking with a droid he had met earlier.

"So Otto, what are you doing after dinner?"

"Well..." He stalled for time, "...I'm probably going back to the temple."

Senator Craden's face slipped into a frown. "Such a lonely place. Why don't you come to my apartment? I could show you my collection of Christoph mercai sculptures."

Otto smiled innocently, it was a nice enough gesture that she did try to provide some vague cover for her true intentions. They had talked about mercai sculptures earlier in the evening. Part of him was all for a lengthy night of pleasure. And that part of him was also quite livid in the happy glow of some finely aged cognac.

But no matter how much that part of him was all for it, Otto was still Otto, and in firm control. "Maybe another time. This one was certainly enjoyable, and we will be seeing each other again."

To his surprise, Senator Craden was not upset. In fact, she looked even more intrigued. "I do like a man who plays hard to get." She rose from the table. "Until we meet again Otto."

She stopped and paid the bill and then slipped out the front with her retinue in waiting.

Otto reclined in the comfort of the restaurant seat as he stared back out at the skyline.

"Can I get you another drink, sir?"

Otto glanced at the waiter. "Yes, thank you."

He let his mind slip back to a time long ago. It was often he let his thoughts slip back to then. She was a talisman he used to scare away his demons, and yet she was the demon who kept him afraid. He often wondered how he could have no regrets on that long ago action, and yet still miss her so. It wasn't what he'd done, or what could've been...it was simply...

"Ah, master, I see you have escaped the jaws of the lusty senator. I must admit I did not think you'd be so successful considering your current state."

Otto looked at BOZ with mock hurt. "I'm not drunk, not yet at least."

The waiter returned with his drink.

BOZ seemed to take particular joy in looking at it. "If that is your mission tonight, then it seems I will have to take extra caution in making sure you don't walk into any walls or fall of a building."

"You'd better. I might give the phrase blind drunk a whole new meaning."

At that, they both had a laugh.

--------------------
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 11:48 AM

Suppressing a grimace Tamaryn slipped into the seat Craden had recently vacated just as the waiter was returning with Otto’s drink. The seat was still warm from… Tamaryn clamped down on the rest of that thought; she really did not want to mentally go there.

“I’ll have what he’s having.” She ordered with a smile and turned back to Otto. “Having fun, are we?”

“I was. I think.”

“No you weren’t. There was nothing accidental about Craden running into you here. She had you followed.”

She let Otto absorb that piece of information as the waiter set her drink in front of her. She lifted her glass and clinked it against Otto’s.

“Drink up. We need to talk and this isn’t the place.”

And then with regret for the waste of a perfectly good cognac, she tossed back her drink like a pro.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You followed Craden?” Otto asked as he and Tamaryn strolled along the river walk running behind the temple, shrouded in hooded cloaks, nondescript from any other Jedi.

“Of course; knowing your allies is as important as knowing your enemies. Sometimes they’re the same thing. I tagged her cloak.”

“I think my time was better spent; an interesting holodrama and a good dinner. You got stuck with a boring committee meeting.” Otto joked.

“I’m on the job now, and it wasn’t a committee meeting and there was nothing boring about it.” Tamaryn snapped back. “Craden had a very clandestine meeting with Jedi Master Gaven Rothe. She passed him the latest security council data-recordings.”

That got Otto’s attention enough to make him stop and look at Tamaryn. “How do you know that?”

“Because she said that’s what they were.”

“It could be official; I mean the Council could be aware of this.” Otto replied and started walking again.

“Really?" Tamaryn remarked, keeping pace with Otto. "And did the Council also sanction Craden being ‘richly rewarded’ for her service; because that’s what Rothe told her. And I didn’t like the way he felt. He felt…off.”

“Not dark?”

“No, but he was pretty drawn in on himself.” Tamaryn explained. “All I could pick up was this sense of things not being what they should be.”

“Sounds like you were picking up deception.” Otto pondered. “Which could be explained by the fact that Gaven Rothe is on a mission for the Jedi Council. He’s a powerful Jedi master and would be a logical choice to trap a powerful and corrupt senator. And if Craden’s passing on Security Council secrets, that’s exactly what she is. Deception would be required on Rothe’s part.”

“So why not turn her in? He’s has the proof.”

“Because Rothe may very well be on the exact same mission we’re really on." Otto reasoned. "Who’s to say the Council doesn’t suspect there’s Sith involved in this? We don’t know and it’s highly unlikely they’d tell you and me. Our ‘official mission’ may be part of the Council’s plan to weed them out.”

“And he’s hunting up the food chain. Okay, just for the sake of argument let’s say you’re right. The Loyalist Council has a clue and they’re doing something about it. Well, our mission is to weed out Paladin sympathizers. So who does it sound like the Loyalists want to pin the blame on? Is that what you want to think the Loyalists are capable of? Because that's the logical conclusion in your scenerio.” When Otto didn’t reply Tamaryn pressed home her attack. “Otto, you and I both know there's no such thing as coincidence. Since we met everything has led us to this point. We have to follow the path laid out before us."

Still Otto said nothing. He just stood there, possibly contemplating what she’d just said. Tamaryn waited and then grew impatient with the waiting.

"The Force is guiding you, Otto, whether you realize it or not."

Otto's head came up and he looked at Tamaryn sharply. "Why do you say that?"

"Because you're the Jedi; not me. And you picked Craden." Tamaryn answered.

--------------------
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Jan 31 2011, 02:58 PM

Wedge Antilles

Otto really wasn't in the right state to be contemplating the intricacies of a possible Sith and their machinations. He was still a little buzzed from dinner.

The Force is guiding you.

That thought brought a smile to his face, and then he quickly averted his gaze from where it had wandered.

"Uh...maybe we should go somewhere and get some caf. I might need to clear my head up a little if we're going to talk Sith."

"Okay. I know a good caf joint not far from here."

Sure enough, it was well within walking distance. Otto waited until he'd downed his first cup before he tried tackling the subject again. "Alright, I have to admit my reasoning for the Council being behind such an op is pretty weak. If we go on that, then we now have two mynocks to kill. If we report the one in to the Council, we blow the possibility of following the other. And personally, I'd like to see this through myself. So that means we can't tell the Council anything. And in that case we now have the double responsibility of investigating a stray..." Otto looked around to make sure what he said next would not be heard, "...and possible Sith...and taking care of a corrupt Senator." He paused to let Tamaryn reply.

"Well I agree with keeping the Council in the dark. And we certainly need to follow this new lead and see what we find. But I'm not much of a Jedi, Otto. In my line of work, I'd sooner shoot the problem than try and juggle it."

Otto smiled. "I prefer those methods myself." He sipped his second cup of caf. "The more I think about this, the less convinced I am that this Jedi is working for the Council."

Tamaryn raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"I know, shocking, right?" He smiled and caught himself enjoying this moment a lot better than the dinner with Craden. "But the truth is that they wouldn't sit on intel like that, and there really isn't any need for them to fish higher up, as you put it. Hassel is quite friendly with the Chief of State from what I hear. So I'm more incline to think this Jedi is working for his own intentions. And you've already felt a dark presence in the temple. If the Force is guiding us, then this is more than coincidence." He eased back in the comfy bench seat of the caf booth. "I say we leave the Senator alone for now. If anything, we use her to get us in contact with this Jedi."

Otto frowned. Sitting in such a public place, even if it wasn't very crowded right now, he was doing his best to avoid names. However, that didn't really help conversation much.

"But he shouldn't be that hard to track down. I'd kind of like to avoid Craden for the moment. I'm certainly in no hurry to begin her 'personal aide' duties."

Tamarayn laughed. "Me neither."

"Let her think Jedi are lazy and absent minded." He flashed a evil grin. "I'll have BOZ come up with some really pathetic excuse of why we can't come to work. Following this Jedi we'll be far more important. That's where we'll find the answers."

"So how do we go about finding you-know-who?" Tamaryn asked. "Use Craden as bait?"

"Nah, I'm thinking BOZ can hack into the temple security system and locate him."

"How long will that take?"

Otto hesitated. "Well, uh, let's just say he can do it whenever he wants to."

"And here I was thinking you were a straight and narrow Jedi."

He smiled. "Everyone thinks their master is like that at first. Only the lucky ones find out otherwise."

Tamaryn looked around casually to ensure no one was paying attention, then returned to the conversation. "So your droid finds him, and we follow. What happens if he's Sith?"

Otto sobered. "We kill him."

He let that sit for a moment before he ended the awkwardness. "Well, I think that pretty much settles everything until the morning." He checked his wrist chrono.

"Some blind man. You can actually see that with Force sight?"

"I can pretty much see anything, it just lacks color and a little bit of depth. Like watching one of those flat HoloDramas they still show out on the Rim."

"So you can see me? More than just Force presence sitting across from you?"

He nodded. "I can see the soft angles of your cheeks and the way your hair hangs down, framing your eyes. But I can't see that they're blue. BOZ tells me they're saphires when they catch the light." He held her gaze for a few seconds before he continued. "It's early still. You know of any fun places?"

--------------------
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 12:40 PM

Otto’s gaze discomfited Tamaryn – but not at all in an unpleasant way. She took a moment to relish the sensation. He couldn’t see her eyes, but he'd asked BOZ about them. Then she happily laughed.

“Otto, this is Coruscant. It excels in fun places. And I know just the place.”

She grabbed his hand as she stood, tugging him out of his seat, and heading for the door.

Some time later…

The Blue Cantina was dark, smoky and rife with all kinds of illicit activity. That most of it was contained behind private doors and hidden behind those doors were any number of prominent citizens was most likely the only reason the place stayed open for business. However, what the Blue Cantina also had going for it was excellent liquor and probably the best band in the Core. Plenty of customers came just for the band and the alcohol and ignored the private rooms.

Out on the dance floor Otto was attempting to lead Tamaryn in the Zeltron two-step. The band wasn’t playing a Zeltron two-step and Otto didn’t know the dance anyway, but the two of them didn’t care. They were very drunk, the dance floor was packed, and all that jostling and bumping kept pushing them closer together. With a bump from a particularly exuberant Chev, Tamaryn found herself crushed up against Otto, his arms around her. The Chev slurred an apology and backed off giving them a modicum of space. Otto could have let Tamaryn go; instead he bent his head and kissed her. Tamaryn’s arms came up and locked around Otto’s neck. As his lips trailed along her throat, the bartender tossed a room key card in their direction and yelled across the dance floor.

“Get a room.”

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Coruscant | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2422 seconds | Archive