Photobucket
RD

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The Prisoner
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Nov 5 2010, 10:52 AM

Group: Independent
Member No.: 50

Tamaryn stared down at the unconscious Jedi lying on the medbay cot, restrained by stun cuffs on arms and legs. Behind her Darek hovered, not saying a word while Tamaryn focused. Finally she stepped back and waited. The Jedi’s lids fluttered and his eyes opened. His eyes continued to stare straight up but he was reaching out. Tamaryn could certainly feel it, but the way he started when his sensing touched them was a dead giveaway anyway. He didn’t say a word and she decided to wait him out. Then Darek went and spoiled it.

“I thought you healed him. What’s the matter with him?”

“He’s blind. Not from this battle but fairly recent. Plus he’s doing what any smart person would in his situation; sensing and assessing it. And you’d know that if you bothered to spend some time honing your Force skills.” Tamaryn replied, exasperated with Darek. “You’re going to end up keeping the books if you don’t get off your lazy shebs and practice. Now make yourself useful, get to the cockpit and keep an eye on things.”

When she was sure that Darek was actually in the cockpit and not eavesdropping out in the corridor, Tamaryn addressed the Jedi.

“We saved your life because you’re a Jedi, and I didn’t like your odds on being a prisoner of Saul or the Hapans when the Paladins aren’t around to keep an eye on them. But we’re not your friends, Jedi. You’re just as much a prisoner here as you would have been if Coalition forces had picked you up. Your presence in that battle has complicated my life, and I’m not in the best of moods right now. Just don’t give me any trouble and things will work out fine between us.”

To emphasize her point, Tamaryn drew her shoto, ignited it and laid it briefly against Otto’s skin. He grunted in pain.

“Don’t be such a baby. I’ll heal it…eventually.”

--------------------
Accessories: Standard all purpose accessories pack; rainbow gem necklace
Weapons: Shotto; blaster pistol
Droids: N7 astromech
Wealth: Moderate
Ship: Far Escape, Kinrath star yacht, military grade.
Current Status: Ansion
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Nov 5 2010, 11:07 AM

Wedge Antilles

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 22

Otto was quiet, mostly because he didn't know what to say. Normally he would have said thank you, but the woman brooding over him had just burned him with what felt like a shoto.

Under most circumstances, he would have been force slamming someone against the wall.

But he could sense inside the woman, and what he felt was fear. Not uncontrollable fear, but a spike of it, heavily mixed with other feelings: loyalty, worry, love, anger. He couldn't quite place where they were all connected, but it didn't really matter.

What mattered was that he was alive.

"What happened?" He tried to ask, but flinched at how hoarse his voice sounded. He swallowed a couple times and tried again. "What happened, with the battle?"

She had mentioned Saul and the Coalition forces, and from his last memories of the battle, it was almost a guarantee the GAN forces lost. But were there any survivors? Did Admiral Luw'ayana survive? I hope not.

Heh. Is that the dark side or just reality?

He refocused his attention on the woman, while in the back of his mind he reflected on the fact that she had also mentioned something about being Force sensitive.

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Nov 6 2010, 09:33 AM

It was more his reaction to her wounding him (lightsaber burns were nasty painful) than anything else that filled Tamaryn with some remorse. Okay not enough to release him with a let’s-all-be-friends-here, but she wasn’t nearly as callous as she’d forced herself to appear. That was bravado brought about by how nervous she was over having a Jedi prisoner to begin with. He was a kriffing Jedi (for Force sake) on the wrong side of things, and she had a lot of secrets to protect. Still, the remorse moved her to slip her hand behind his head and raise it while she put a cup to his lips. When he relieved his thirst, she set the cup aside and slapped a bacta dressing on the newly inflicted burn on his arm.

“Your side nearly got obliterated except that somebody finally had the brains to surrender.” Tamaryn explained as she set about healing his burn. “I’m guessing your suicidal admiral was eliminated which is lucky for you because there were plenty of casualties on both sides. Since there weren’t any Paladin forces involved, we intervened and rescued you. I was dead serious about your chances with the Hutt and the Hapans. Without Paladin influence to restrain them…”

“Yes, the Paladins were so very restrained during the Rishi Maze battle.” Otto snapped, cutting her off.

“That was your own fault. You attacked them; they defended themselves. Isn’t defense what Jedi are all about?”

--------------------
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Nov 6 2010, 01:54 PM

Wedge Antilles

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 22

"I'm sorry." Otto paused, "That wasn't exactly what I meant. Raza and I have talked about this before..." He stopped before he said anymore and just let out a sight. "War never makes anything easy."

"It certainly doesn't it." Tamaryne agreed.

"Well I guess I can give you my name, rank, and serial number...Otto Hetzer, Jedi Knight...er, I'm afraid I don't have a serial number, Jedi...well, Loyalists, we're not assigned a serial number, even when we're attached to military units. I was only serving as an aide to Rear Admiral Luw'ayana. Unfortunately he wasn't very responsive to anyone's advice." Otto paused again. "I guess I shouldn't have said that."

Being a prisoner, it was usually wise not to give out any information you didn't have to since it could be difficult to tell what info could get someone killed. In this case, since Luw'ayana was most likely already dead, the argument seamed mute.

A prisoner of war. Otto had never given any thought to being captured. In the Mandalorian war very few Jedi were ever taken prisoner. It just wasn't something they had to think about.

But now, with Jedi being on both sides, capture was something that was very likely.

Otto wondered if it was his duty to escape. For standard POWs, that was typical. But Otto wasn't military, he was a Loyalist Jedi. And the Jedi Council didn't usually stop to write out rules for warfare and the becoming conduct of a POW.

As far as Otto knew, he was on unsettled ground. No regulations applied to him.

Perhaps if the bridge he had been standing on hadn't blown up, he might have been inclined to try to escape. However, he was feeling sore, and dizzy. If he had a better medical background, he might be able to properly diagnose his condition. His best guess was bruises and a concussion.

The end result was that he didn't feel like escaping.

And part of him wondered if that had nothing to do whatsoever with that bridge blowing up and any trace effects of a mild concussion.

He thought back to Rear Admiral Luw'ayana and how the Ryn commander had been perfectly willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone under his command for some selfish desire. Worst of all, Otto had been obligated to follow that man's commands, though there was some gray area which allowed a subordinate to disobey, but such gray areas were very murky.

Can I really put myself back into a position like that?

Otto laid his head back down and closed his blank staring eyes.

He dreamed of battles he couldn't win.

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Nov 9 2010, 10:32 AM

Tamaryn felt Otto fading into sleep and it wasn’t a comfortable slumber. He seemed like a decent enough person, and conflicted about the whole Jedi situation. Tamaryn understood confliction. She was about one-quarter Jedi and three-quarters professional outlaw. An outlaw with a code; what an oxymoron that was.

Tamaryn pulled up a stool, mag-clamped it to the deck and settled in for the duration of the time it was going to take her to fully heal Otto Hetzer. It wasn’t the smart thing to do; the smart thing would have been to leave the Jedi partially incapacitated by his injuries as she’d planned to do in the first place. But it was the right thing to do and for the moment the Jedi streak was dominant in Tamaryn. Besides, Darek was already flying his way through the Rishi Maze. Oh yes, the Paladins weren’t the only ones who knew a few secrets about the Maze.

It was like stepping into a river, letting the Force flow through and out of her in the way of healing. She never felt drained or depleted after a healing session. On the contrary, healing seemed to cleanse and “lighten” her. Tamaryn got as much benefit as she gave, and knew she was a natural healer; if she’d been a Jedi, she’d have become a master healer. Still, no regrets; she liked her life just fine.

Just as she was pulling back and stepping out of the healing, the ship reverted to real space and this time, instead of jumping again immediately, went into a slow approach. They’d arrived. Tamaryn touched Otto’s shoulder and his eyes opened.

“I finished healing you.” She said with just a hint of apology in her voice. “You’re mended, but you need to give yourself time to recover. The body has its own wisdom. In other words, you need to rest unless you want to relapse.” Then even though he couldn’t see her, she smiled – sardonically. “Which you’ll have plenty of chance to do. We’re here.”

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Hyperspace | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0944 seconds | Archive