Photobucket
RD

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Family Ties
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 09:20 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

So far so good, Jag thought as he settled the Phoenix down in the hanger on Coronet. Except that he could see out of the corner of his eye Kiera worrying that lower lip of hers.

"Hey, didn't I tell you there wouldnt be a problem landing here? Relax, its going to be fine. The one thing you can always count on is Corellia being Corellia. Besides you no longer have a warrant out on you so you have nothing to worry about." Jag reassured her as he shut down the ship. Kiera just looked at him rather dubiously.

"I don't sense any danger." She replied but she hardly sounded convincing. And she was still worrying that lower lip. Not a good sign.

"Kiera what's the matter? No one's going to bother you here on Corellia. We'll have a great time."

"It's not the Loyalists or the GA I'm concerned about." Kiera spoke so low Jag could hardly hear her. It's your parents. "You didn't have to face any in-laws."

"Oh, no; I had to face Jedi masters, and prove I was worthy of their princess." Jag replied in all seriousness, but the corners of his mouth twitched, and soon Kiera was smiling a bit.

"I am not a Jedi princess."

"No they're just very protective of you -- in a screwy Jedi way." Jag grabbed Kiera's hands and pulled her up out of the copilot's seat. "Don't worry; my folks are going to love you. In fact, they already love you because you're the only girl in the galaxy who would marry me. Now come on. I'm dying for some of my mom's spice loaf."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Jag hadnt been so busy wolfing down spice loaf, he would have spent most of the first meal with his parents trying not to laugh. His dad kept signaling his admiring though amazed approval of Jag's choice. And his mom; she was already mothering Kiera like shed known her all her life. In Jag's view you couldn't help not like Kiera, but he was aware that his was hardly an unbiased opinion. But the thing was he could tell his parents genuinely like her, and Kiera was blossoming under his mom and dad's approval.

The meal went on for so long Kiera started yawning and Jag immediately jumped up.

"We had a long trip from Mon Cal and Kiera's tired." He said. "And full of more food than she's eaten in a month." Jag teased his mom who rolled her eyes at her son.

"You know where your old room is." She replied. "But don't expect it to look the same. I redid it after you left."

"She redid it when she found out you were bringing a bride home." Jags dad whispered and nudged Jag in the side. "She's had the whole house in an uproar when you commed us you were coming."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jag had to admit his old room looked pretty good. He settled Kiera on the new and large bed -- definitely an improvement over his old one. He'd barely covered her with a blanket when Kiera was out. The Mon Cal experience had taken more of a toll than she would admit.. He sat looking at her for awhile and then quietly left the room to rejoin his parents.

He found them in the kitchen cleaning up the remains of the meal, and when he entered they both stopped and looked at him. Then his mother came over, placed her hands on Jag's shoulders and kissed his cheek.

"She's a darling and I'm so happy for you." Nyla Antilles said.

Jag patted his mom's cheek and looked to his dad. Baron was grinning at him.

"I can't believe you caught yourself a Jedi. Bet that took some getting used to."

"You have no idea. Now how about some caf and I'll tell you all about life among the Paladins."

--------------------
Accessory(ies): None
Weapon(s): SP-44 Heavy Pistol, vibro knife
Droid(s): Spectre, N7 Astromech
Credits: 0
Ship(s): Phoenix
Current Status: Rishi Maze

Kiera Antilles
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 01:08 PM

Darkness Wiki Queen/overworked admin
Group Icon

Group: Paladin Jedi (Administrator)
Member No.: 4

To Kiera's eyes it was as if they were one of those artistic tableaus that were so popular at one time. She could remember one time on Coruscant when Master Barris had taken her to an exhibition, and she'd found it fascinating, those tableaus. At first they looked just looked ordinary, people frozen in some mundane and everyday act. But when she'd really studied them, there was a story in the frozen expressions, the tilt of a head or the position of a hand. Kiera wondered what the story was, what the artist had in mind for the hints were there; just not enough of them.

Which, of course, was the whole point of the exercise. It was a lesson because very seldom was anything not that when you were a Jedi student. Everything was designed to make you learn and grow and reach. It finally dawned on Kiera that the point was not the artist's interpretation, but her own. The artist had invited her to make up the story of these tableaus. It was in her interpretation that she learned, not about the people in the scene, but herself.

Not that she needed to do that in this instance. This scene was all too easy to interpret. After days of increasing bickering between Jag and his father, Baron Antilles had thrown down the gauntlet. If Jag wasn't on the side of the GA, he wasn't on Corellia's side either. And that made him in direct opposition to his father. Baron hadn't quite called his son a traitor -- not yet anyway. But as sure as Tatooine had two suns it was coming because Jag was going to pick up the gauntlet. In another second they were all going to unfreeze and then there'd be hell to pay.

And then from the most unlikely of sources, the reprieve came. Kiera's comlink went off and everyone started as she snatched it up and answered it. Jag turned to her with a befuddled expression. Well, it would be; he'd never heard her speak Olari before. He'd probably never even heard the language before. It was a brief communication and Kiera had already stowed her comlink back on her belt and was in the process of leaving the table before she spoke.

"I'm sorry but I've been called back to duty. I have to leave immediately." She said. Beside her Jag rose as well.

"Where are you going?" Baron asked. There was a challenge in the question, and he expected an answer. But Baron was no longer facing the only side of Kiera he'd witnessed so far as she tried to maintain the peace between her husband and her father-in-law. Baron was facing a Jedi.

She looked at him for a long moment and then left.

--------------------
Accessories: silver ring with a rainbow gem; holocron
Weapons: lightsaber powered with a yellow Ilum crystal
Droid: astromech N7
Credits: 1200
Ships: The Phoenix, freighter

user posted image
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 02:35 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Jag automatically plotted some random jumps in the Phoenix's navicomputer; jumps that pretty much led nowhere just in case they were being tracked. He wasn't sure now that his father wouldn't do that and Baron Antilles had the connections to make it happen.

Kiera's droid, Max, entered the cockpit and Jag turned his head to the droid. "All tracers have been removed." Max reported and Jag sighed and looked down; his own father. Then he felt Kiera's hand creep into his and the warmth of her touch pushed away at his despondency. She opened her mouth to say something but instead of giving him some kind of sympathy or reassurance, she just told him they needed to head to Hapes.

"I'm not my father." He said in return. Kiera just looked at him. "You think I am?" Jag looked outraged.

"I think you're just as strong in your convictions as your father is in his.' She replied as neutrally as she could.

"Oh good; good thing I'm finding out now that I'm going to be a lousy father."

"You're definitely going to raise a child who's going to be their own person." More careful neutrality there.

"Well, I hope I have the sense to prefer him being a freedom-fighter over a smuggler." Jag humphed. "His attitude is so -- not Corellian. I don't get it. He was fine when I went into smuggling after the war -- which is really a bizarre attitude for a law-abiding parent, by the way. Now that I have some belief back in place, I'm a traitor. And don't deny it; it was on the tip of his tongue." Jag was irate and he was venting a little which wasn't fair to Kiera, but she seemed to be taking it in stride.

"Did you ever tell him that, about your belief, about how you have something to believe in again, something you would die for? And it isn't me, by the way." Kiera smiled as she said the last part.

"I'd die for you." Jag affirmed, but knowing while he said it that Kiera was right. Somewhere in the maelstrom of galactic conflict his beliefs had crystallized. He aligned himself with the Paladins not, as his father mistakenly believe, because of the hold Kiera had on him or because of who knew what kind of Jedi tricks they were using, but because they paralleled the convictions that had been growing in Jag since the end of the Mandolorian War. There were those whose service went beyond governments and boundaries. The Paladins were one and so was Jag.

"Well, I'd die for you too." Kiera said. "But I'd really rather not."

"Me neither, and you're right; it's time I told my father exactly what my beliefs are. Still, I think I'll do it in a texted holo." Jag gave Kiera a grin and decided that now was as good a time as any to compose his message. It probably wasn't going to change anything, but at least Baron Antilles would know that his son was no longer just drifting, running form a war he could never escape.

--------------------
Accessory(ies): None
Weapon(s): SP-44 Heavy Pistol, vibro knife
Droid(s): Spectre, N7 Astromech
Credits: 0
Ship(s): Phoenix

« Next Oldest | Corellia | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0838 seconds | Archive