Photobucket
RD

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sanctuary
Raza Sebatyne
Posted: Nov 16 2010, 01:28 PM

Jedi Master

Group: Paladin Jedi
Member No.: 34

Raza was a Barabel, which made him somewhat unique to humans. Looking at the pulsing liquid blue portal before him, he washed away all his trepidations and fears. It was like he took those irrational impulses scattered about his brain, gathered them up, placed them in a box, and put the box away in a storage closed so he wouldn't trip over them anymore. It was as simple as that.

He took three steps forward and vanished into the portal. For that instant, he was neither here nor there. It was almost like traveling through hyperspace, only without the protection of an armored ship around you.

Swirling around in a molecular maelstrom, with bits and pieces of his existence turned into nothing but scattered vapor, he was just as quickly squished back together and fell flat on his snub nosed face.

After a moment of dry retching, Raza managed to look up and gaze at his surroundings.

It was easily the strangest world he had ever scene.

The grass was purple. The leaves on the trees, which were solitary, placed here and there, where also purple. Above, the sky at least looked normal, a typical soft blue with surprisingly puffy white clouds. Nothing strange at all about it.

Raza bent down to his knees and took a closer look at the grass. It was extremely thick. Unlike the flat blades of grass he was used to, this grass was round, like a hair. It also tapered off the same way, thick at the root and thin at the tip. The texture of it was soft and the grass carpet was relatively short, each piece of grass about six or seven centimeters in length.

A strange noise stole his attention and forced him to turn around.

The portal, which he hadn't even looked at yet on this side, belched out Kiera.

--------------------
user posted image
Alex Skywalker
Posted: Nov 17 2010, 02:13 PM

Jedi Council Member

Group: NPC
Member No.: 31

(((OOC: continued from Deception)))

When Tamaryn uttered the word “Sith”, Alex felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, and he didn’t automatically discount her story. The young woman was definitely rattled, and besides that, Alex could sense she was telling the truth. Whether whoever she’d sensed was really Sith, there was definitely something not right going on at the Coruscant temple. And her description certainly pointed to a very dark presence.

Alex wanted to discount it on the grounds that surely the Jedi would have sensed such darkness – but he couldn’t. Darth Sidious had hid himself right under the nose of the Jedi Council for years; had fooled everyone. And then there was Alex’s own sense of clarification at the time the Order split in two. At the time he’d put it down to the Loyalists leaving and heavy burden of dissension being lifted. Now he wondered if it was more simple (but so much more disturbing) than that. The Darkness had departed. That his clarity had increased with the Paladin removal to the Rishi Maze reinforced the Sith theory. Whatever the dark entity was, the distance and atmosphere of the Maze decreased the clouding around the Paladins. Alex wasn’t the only Jedi who’d remarked on the improvement.

To his own mental discomfort Alex could even explain Tamaryn Farlander’s ability to sense the darkness within the Temple when no one else could. She was outside the Jedi box. In fact, Kiera had demonstrated something of the same thing when she’d returned to Kashyyk from Ilum. And they were related.

Something had to be done about this; some action taken. Alex pondered the situation silently then came to consensus with himself. Activating his wrist holo he paged his assistant.

“Please have Jedi Hetzer brought here.”
Otto Hetzer
Posted: Nov 19 2010, 10:28 AM

Wedge Antilles

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 22

Otto was disappointed that Raza wasn't here. Supposedly he was off with Kiera and Jag on some secret mission. Furthermore, most of the Paladins he had known before the split weren't even here. With the war on, they were needed elsewhere.

However, he had found Teso Sebatyne.

Actually, Teso had found him.

"I'm not so sure it's a good idea you come with me, Teso. Master Skywalker only asked to see me."

Teso looked up at Otto as they were walking through the corridors of the base on Sanctuary. "That'z okay. Thiz one can wait outside until you're done."

Otto smiled. He had known Teso since he was just a little hatchling, before the Five Year War was even brewing. Raza had even made Otto Teso's honorary claw father.

"So what do you think Master Skywalker wants to see you about?"

"I don't know." Otto replied.

"Is he going to mind wipe you?"

"No." Otto laughed.

"You sure? You probably know all kindz of enemy secretz. That'z what they do with prisonerz. They interrogate them for all their secretz then mind wipe them. You could have been interrogated and you wouldn't even know."

"Well, see? I wouldn't even know. So I guess I can't answer your question."

Teso was quiet. "Could be a secret mission."

"Not everything is a secret you know."

The little Barabel thumped his tail, the equivalent of a shrug. A few moments later, they arrived at where Master Skywalker was waiting.

"Alright Teso, you wait here. Hopefully this won't be long."

"Have a seat, Jedi Hetzer." Alex waved a hand at a simple looking chair that Otto couldn't see, at least, not exactly. Force vision allowed Otto to discern what the object was and to sense the motion of Alex's arm.

Otto's ears noted the formality in Alex's greeting, he also noted the emphasis on Jedi and not Paladin or Loyalist.

Alex waited for Otto to sit, he also threw a nod over at Tamaryn who followed suit. With everyone seated, he continued. "Otto, I called you here because Tamaryn discovered something rather interesting in her last...excursion." His gaze was only mildly stern. "She took a trip to the Jedi Loyalist Temple on Coruscant in an effort to retrieve your droid, however, while she was there, she detected the presence of a Sith."

"Or multiple Sith, I can't be sure." Tamaryn corrected.

"Or multiple Sith," Alex admitted, "either way, this changes everything. The mere fact that the Sith are able to hide their presence in the heart of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant shows that they aren't just some Dark Side Jedi or Force users dabbling in Sith techniques. After the death of Darth Peragus, the Jedi Council took great means to ensure that that Sith knowledge was destroyed."

Alex took a breath. "It also means that the Sith are most likely orchestrating this entire war, or, at the very least, aggravating it and ensuring that it continues to whatever the scheme they have."

Alex paused again as he studied the faces of Otto and Tamaryn. "So, with the presence of Sith on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant...the Loyalist Jedi Temple..." a flash of realization sparked across Otto's face, "yes, now you know why I asked to see you. You said you surrendered yourself to my command, Otto, but I'm not about to order you to do this. Yet this is a matter that is neither Paladin or Loyalist in nature. This is the duty of every Jedi in our Order: to prevent and eliminate the existence of the Sith. So...Jedi Hetzer, would you be willing to infiltrate the Loyalist Temple and seek out these Sith?"

Alex looked over at Tamaryn before she could even open her mouth, as he could sense her eagerness to interject. "And you would not be going alone, Otto. Tamaryn would be going with you."

Tamaryn froze, then smiled.

"Yes."

Surprised at how quickly Otto had come to a decision, Alex gave Otto a bit of a blank stare.

"You're right, Master Skyalker, this is neither a Paladin mission or a Loyalist mission, it's a Jedi mission. It's my duty."

"Good. Now, I think the best way to make this work is if Tamaryn poses as your apprentice-"

"What?"

Alex grinned at Tamaryn's unguarded reply. "Otto is a senior level Jedi Knight among the Loyalists, it is only natural that he would adopt an apprentice."

"Hmm." Otto hummed in thought. "How would that work?"

"Come Otto, you know as well as I do that the Jedi have never been very good administrators. We have a few good slicers who can forge the records and make it appear that Tamaryn is on the Loyalist roll call." An idea popped into Alex's head. "In fact, I think we can adjust the records to show that Tamaryn was a part of that GA special task force you were on, Otto. You could establish that you took her on as your apprentice during that time."

"That would work." Otto agreed. "Assuming your slicers are good enough." He looked over at Tamaryn. "Can you take orders?"

Tamaryn returned a nasty glare, one Otto could easily sense in the Force, and Otto did his best to hold back a laugh. "Don't push it."

"Well then, I'm glad we got that settled."

"One question, Master Skywalker. How do you want us to handle the Sith if we find them?" Otto waited for Alex to reply but the Jedi Master didn't say anything. "I mean, should we try and take them out, or do you want us to try and capture them..."

"For now, I think it would be best if you gathered intelligence. We don't know who they are yet, and how many of them there are, or what they are up to. We need to make sure that we don't miss any. It won't do us any good to take out the apprentice and leave the Sith Lord to run amok."

Otto nodded.

"Alright, I'll get our slicers to work. In the meantime you two should probably find a ship and work on your cover story."

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: Nov 24 2010, 11:06 AM

Group: Independent
Member No.: 50

"Time out, guys."ť Tamaryn said making the correct galactic sports gesture with her hands. "This is not going to work. I mean the part about me being in the military. Seriously, do you think anyone is going to believe that once, well, once I open my mouth?"

Alex looked at Otto, remembered that the Jedi Knight could not see him, and put a little focus into the look. "She has a point." He returned his gaze to Tamaryn. "m open to suggestions."

"Okay, let me put it this way. I think it's safe to say out of the three of us I have a lot more experience with lying. The first rule of successful lying is to stick as close to the truth as possible. That way you don't trip yourself up with your stories."

"And your story would be?" Alex inquired.

"Hey, I'm just a simple salvager with a few Force tricks trying to make my way in the galaxy. Ended up in the right place at the right time, rescued Otto, and being the Senior Jedi Knight that he is, he recognized my Force connection. None of which, incidentally, is a lie and therefore no lying will be detected."

"You're sense of what constitutes lying needs a little fine-tuning." Alex dryly commented. "It's a massive lie of omission. However, you're probably right. Are you good with this?"ť He asked Otto.

"I'm fine with it. Actually, I'm looking forward to whipping her into proper apprentice shape, and this just gives me more opportunity to do that."

"You're really pushing this, you know."
------------------------------------

They were making good progress to Coruscant when Tamaryn dropped out of hyperspace and just hung there in space.

"What's going on?" Otto asked.

"I'm making some necessary adjustments to the ship's records. We can't leave any kind of trail that leads back to Reesh. We also need a new name and transponder code."

"Good thinking. What are we calling the ship now?"

"You're the master; why don't you name it." Tamaryn jokingly suggested.

"Very well. Knight Rider." Otto offered with a grin as Tamaryn groaned.

"That's the worst name I've ever heard. Knight Rider it is."

--------------------
Accessories: Standard all purpose accessories pack; rainbow gem necklace
Weapons: Shotto; blaster pistol
Droids: N7 astromech
Wealth: Moderate
Ship: Far Escape, Kinrath star yacht, military grade.
Current Status: Ansion
Alex Skywalker
Posted: Jan 27 2011, 08:50 PM

Jedi Council Member

Sanctuary -- Continuum

Alex Skywalker looked from the two beings lying on infirmary beds, hooked up to monitors and addressed the two beings hovering close by.

“You just excel at getting into trouble, don’t you? You weren’t even gone two hours. Are you going to make a habit of this?”

“Probably.” Jag replied. “Although next time we'll be better prepared.”

“If I agree to a next time.” Alex scowled. “Master Kloryn, what have you learned?” he asked the Bothan healer.

“Kiera is fine. The residual effects have worn off.”

“I told you I was fine.” Kiera popped up from her bed, sending the monitor zigg-zagging crazy waves across the screen.

Fra Kloryn released Kiera from the monitor with a wave of her hand, and Kiera hopped off the bed to join her husband and the others as they studied the alien. He was heavily sedated, as much for his own protection as theirs. The Master healer was now drawing their attention to the monitor attached to the elderly alien.

“You see this?” She pointed out two distinct and separate patterns. “We’re dealing with two separate entities. That “thing” in his abdomen is not an appendage; it’s a separate intelligence, and from what these patterns indicate, it holds dominance over the other intelligence.”

Even Alex, who’d seen just about all there was to see, recoiled a little. “Can it be removed?” He ventured.

“No, it's permanently attach at this point.” Master Kloryn replied and Jag nearly gagged at the idea. “It isn’t just symbiotic; it’s parasitic in nature. Beyond that I haven’t had time to learn more.”

“Well, it’s worse than that.” Kiera spoke up, and her expression was of a person truly sorry for something. “I’m afraid it was reading my mind, gathering information, and it gathered quite a bit. I on the other hand, learned nothing of its true intentions. Whatever it injected into my brain, it clouded my abilities. The experience was…euphoric.”

“Fortunately, Kiera didn’t know the dialing sequence, and the energy shield is in place at the gate, but we need to change our identification code.” Jag stated. “They might have gotten that information from Kiera.”

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to put these missions on hold.” Alex said. “It’s potentially too dangerous and we’re already dealing with a war. We don’t need an enemy on our backdoor too.”

“But that’s exactly why we do need to proceed with these missions.” Jag argued. “This is our home. There’s nowhere else for us to go because we certainly can’t go back out into the known galaxy. We need to learn exactly what is at our backdoor.”

“Thiz one speaks the truth, Master Skywalker.” Raza spoke for the first time since the discussion had started, and everyone, including Alex, turned their attention to him. “What iz strange and unknown iz not necezzarily an enemy. But if it iz, knowledge iz essential. Knowledge iz survival. And this time…” Raza looked down at Jag and bared his fangs. “We will take the ship.”
Alex Skywalker
Posted: May 6 2011, 09:07 PM

Jedi Council Member

Alex Skywalker was sitting in his office enjoying a rare moment of peace when his erstwhile assistant poked his head around the corner. Just by the look on the young man’s face, Alex knew his moment of peace was over.

“What now?”

“Sorry, Grandmaster, but Master Sabatyne, Paladin Antilles and, ah…”

“Captain Antilles?” Alex supplied. “Don’t tell me they’re in trouble already. They’ve only been gone…” He glanced at his chrono. “Three hours.”

“Oh no, sir, they’ve returned. They said to tell you ‘mission accomplished’.”

“What? Alright, this I need to hear. Send them to my office.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without a doubt Jag and Kiera were looking definitely smug as they took seats in Alex’s cozy conversation nook. Raza – well, he was a hard read. You could seldom tell what a Barabel was emoting even when they bared their fangs. But he certainly seemed relaxed enough, judging by the way his tail was not beating the floor. Without a word Kiera produced a datachip and handed it to Alex.

“What’s this?” He asked.

“We had a most productive encounter with some locals.” Jag pronounced. “That is all the information we need to safely negotiate the Rishi Maze: safe planets we can trade with or buy goods from, ones to avoid, uninhabited ones we could travel too via jumper. It’s all in there.”

“You got all that in three hours?” Alex asked, incredulous. “What about those creatures?”

“Those are the planets to avoid.” Kiera chimed in. “They’re well known within the Maze, and they have been for a long time. The ‘locals’ have managed to confine them to certain planets where they have a minimal population growth. They seem to sustain just enough human/parasite growth to not go extinct, but they’re unable to expand. The parasites aren’t truly evil; it’s the connection to other beings that causes the damage. There’s kind of a truce between them and non-hosts. “

“Yesss.” Saba confirmed. “But just to be safe, the others use an identification code that allows safe passage through their gates. Without it a traveler will encounter obstacles.”

“Safeguards, like tornadoes.” Jag added with a grin. “Good thing we took a jumper. It would have been an interesting trip otherwise. One thing that’s interesting; they don’t seem to have much use for starships. They all travel by gate.”

“So if they travel by gate, why was Reesh uninhabited?” Alex posited.

“Simple; they couldn’t. They didn’t have the gate address. In fact, they seemed to be unaware of the existence of Reesh altogether.” Raza replied.

“Although they do seem to have some legends that refer to it.” Kiera added. “They asked us if we were the Ancient Ones. They were most impressed with our lightsabers.”

“You did not pose as Ancients.” Alex groaned.

“It was tempting, but no.” Kiera cheekily replied.

Alex shook his head at his unconventional Paladin. It was interesting to see the 180 degree turn Jag had wrought in Kiera. A few short months ago the young woman was, if anything, almost consistently somber. Now she reminded Alex more and more of her cousin Tamaryn. There was a definite eccentric streak running throughout that family.

Alex’s thoughts were running to the origin of that eccentricity when he was slammed with a pain so severe if he hadn’t been sitting, he’d have gone down on his knees. As it was he cried out, momentarily blinded by the pain. He felt Raza reaching out, trying to help him bear the unbearable. Through the rushing void in his ears he heard Kiera sob once and Jag ask her what had happened, what was wrong. She gave voice to that which he could not bring himself to think, let alone voice.

“It’s Jenna. She’s dead. Someone just killed her.”
Tamaryn Farlander
Posted: May 13 2011, 12:45 PM

Group: Independent
Member No.: 50

As she stepped off her ship Tamaryn saw the grief on the faces of the sad group that greeted her; expressions that morphed into shock as Otto escorted Daven Solo. The sight of his ravaged and trembling body made it apparent why Master Klo'ryn's presence had been requested. The master healer came forward and placed a hand on Daven. She nodded as if to say he'd be in good hands now, and led him away. At the direction of Nial Barris, two older apprentices entered the ship to take possession of Jena Skywalker's body.

"Thank you." Nial said meaningfully. "However you managed this it will bring much comfort to Grandmaster Skywalker. I assume after your debriefing you'll be returning to Coruscant to continue your mission."

Tamaryn and Otto hesitated as they exchanged looks. "No, we're not going back to Coruscant." Otto slowly replied. "We completed our mission there."

Nial Barris studied the two of them for a moment.

"Perhaps we'd better get the debriefing underway immediately."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamaryn had not been in the Paladin headquarters more than a couple of times and had barely seen anything outside of Alex Skywalker's office. She was completely unfamiliar with where she was now which was the Paladin Council chambers. But old survival habits die hard and Tamaryn had mentally marked the way from her ship to these chambers. Just because she was among allies was no reason to get sloppy. She also noted that the Paladin Council seemed less formal (or something) than the Loyalists. She appreciated not being left to stand on her feet to report like a schoolchild reciting a lesson. Since a small smile had played about Otto's mouth he seemed to be thinking along the same lines when they'd been gestured into chairs. She'd chanced a quick reach in the Force to him, and received a warm, reassuring response before they'd both settled themselves for a difficult but thankfully reduced session with the Council. Alex Skywalker was absent and Tamaryn was grateful that someone besides she -- someone close to Alex -- would be delivering the thermal detonator she and Otto had just dropped on the Council. Daven Solo had been captured, tortured, addicted to death sticks in an attempt to turn him to the dark side. Daven had killed both Jena Skywalker and Gaven Rothe, but it was Rothe who was the Sith. Daniel Solo was missing and presumed a prisoner of...someone. It was looking more and more as though the Sith had been behind yet another war, and the split in the Jedi Order. Things were a mess.

As the silence that had greeted their report lengthened, Tamaryn felt irritation amounting anger -- until Otto closed his hand over hers. She looked at him and though he didn't speak, he seemed to be saying it was part of the process. The masters were searching the Force for answers and guidance. He seemed to be saying open yourself up to it. She wasn't sure. She wasn't a Jedi; wasn't sure if she even wanted to be one ever -- especially after she'd witness in that torture chamber the wreck that was Daven Solo. Family was everything to Tamaryn. That had been bred in her and drilled from birth. She couldn't imagine having to make Daven's choice. Maybe it was better to cut her losses right now before she was the one who had to do the choosing. End this alliance and go home before she was sucked further into the never-ending battle between Jedi and Sith; a battle that only left tragedy and destruction in its wake.

And then Otto squeezed her hand and she felt his emotion washing over her and she knew the choice had already been made.

When the Council collectively opened their eyes the Force had apparently spoken to them, but it was Luuja Sall who did the talking.

"There is another Sith." She pronounced and the three other masters sagely nodded their heads in agreement. "But who is the question."

Tamaryn rolled her eyes. They needed a deep searching in the Force to come to that conclusion? She'd had that one figured out before she'd left the torture chamber. Rothe obviously hadn't acted alone and there were always at least two. In fact she and Otto had discussed the whole matter on the way to Reesh from Coruscant. There had to be more Sith because, for one, there was just too much dark side clouding. They'd both agreed that with how easily they'd sensed Rothe, he was no Sidious. There had to be more Sith. The Darkness was effecting both Jedi Orders. Besides, there was too much going on for it to be the work of a lone Sith.

And then there was the matter of the missing Daniel Solo. Daven had told Otto and Tamaryn everything, and he was not lying. They'd have both sensed lies especially as Daven was temporarily bereft of his Force connection. He wasn't capable of concealment at this point. So Daniel had been there only minutes before Otto and Tamaryn had arrived. Someone had gotten him out of there -- and covered up his presence. That smacked of not just a mere ally, but another Sith.

It suddenly occurred to Tamaryn that there was a lot of covering up of presences going on; in fact, more than covering up. According to Otto the Paladins had sensed Daven die over Kashyyk. That tingled an alarm for Tamaryn. There was something she'd heard, something similar to that, something someone had told her. Was it Otto? No, it was Kiera.

Now (after everyone else was finished with it) Tamaryn did sink herself into meditation, reaching out to the Force and her memories, recalling bits and pieces of all the things Kiera had told her. Maybe it was the presence of such strong masters. Maybe it was because she was on the outside, examining it with a different eye. Whatever it was, an idea (perhaps a truth) revealed itself. Before she could stop herself, Tamaryn blurted it out.

"Ahdar Grae. Are you sure he's really dead?"

--------------------
Accessories: Standard all purpose accessories pack; rainbow gem necklace
Weapons: Shotto; blaster pistol
Droids: N7 astromech
Wealth: Moderate
Ship: Far Escape, Kinrath star yacht, military grade.
Current Status: Ansion
Otto Hetzer
Posted: May 24 2011, 01:23 PM

Wedge Antilles

Group: Loyalist Jedi
Member No.: 22

Otto couldn't help but laugh. Consequently everyone in the room began staring at him, and he quickly blushed. "Sorry. It just occurred to me how preposterous this whole thing is."

"Would you care to explain, Jedi Hetzer?" Master Drifus leveled his thoughtful gaze at Otto.

Otto looked back at the old master. The man's skin looked like the fleshy equivalent of dewback leather. Years of hard living on Tatooine would do that to a man.

He swiped those thoughts away and returned to the moment. "The last anyone spoke with Grandmaster Grae was the argument he had with Daven Solo. I believe it ended with Daven comparing him to a Sith, and then Grae removed Daven's status as a Jedi. It was big news at the time because there wasn't any precedent for it."

"Interesting." Master Drifus rubbed his chin. "An odd coincidence to be sure."

Tamaryn decided to repeat her question. "But do we know if he's dead?"

Master Drifus turned to Tamaryn. "That is a very good question, Ms. Farlander. The problem is that according to Master Asgard, Grandmaster Grae became one with the Force when he died, and the only evidence we have is her Force vision and the absence in the Force we all felt when he died. There was no body to examine. We..." He gestured at the Jedi Masters in attendance, "...felt that we had to trust in the Force. But as Daven so poignantly pointed out at the time, 'when has the Force ever been conclusive?'"

All the masters murmured at that.

"So everyone took Master Asgard's vision as the truth when it could have been an elaborate Sith Force trick."

"Regrettably this is very possible, Jedi Hetzer." Master Drifus looked over at Master Sall for confirmation. There was no disagreement.

"So hypothetically," Otto continued, "Grae could be a Sith who faked his own death by planting a Force vision thus framing Daven Solo."

"At the time we did not think the Sith existed." Master Sall added. "Now that we know they exist, it changes everything."

"Why would Grae want Daniel?" Tamaryn asked.

"Same reason Rothe wanted Daven. Sith need apprentices." Otto didn't much like the idea but it was just as valid as any other. "But IF Grae is not dead, IF he's the Sith who took Daniel, then the next question is where do we look? The trail on Coruscant is too cold to follow. It's doubtful all the Sith are hiding out there. How can we hope to find them?"

"All of this is necessary, but we must also balance this with the very real war that is going on." Master Drifus commented. "The Sith may be behind all of this but we still have to deal with what's going on. Finding and eliminating the Sith will not magically end this conflict even if we can convince the Senate that it's all true."

"Why is that, Master Drifus?" Luuja asked.

"Because this is no longer a civil war among the Jedi. This is a war between the Core and the Rim. If a Sith masterminded the one conflict, I doubt they foresaw the other. I believe this conflict has grown far beyond even what the Sith dreamed of. At it is certainly out of their control."

--------------------
Weapons: lightsaber (green), Mandalorian katana, several fighting knives, and a blaster
Droid: B0Z-32, spherical protocol droid
Credits: 88
Ship: Spectral Mistress, CF-9z Crossfire starfighter
Current Status: Coruscant
user posted image
Raza Sebatyne
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 12:21 PM

Jedi Master

Group: Paladin Jedi
Member No.: 34

Elsewhere...

"Can I have a word with you for a moment, Master Sebatyne?"

"Certainly, Mazter Skywalker." Raza thumped his tail out of habit as he turned to approach the Paladin Grandmaster.

"Have you heard the news pouring out about Anaxes?"

Raza nodded. "The Mandoz have taken the planet. Thiz one findz it odd that we are now in the same pack."

Alex smirked. "Strange bedfellows, as they say. Well, that's actually why I wanted to talk to you. The ranking members of the Coalition just contacted me. They have fleets on the way as we speak. It's been decided that we will be relieving the Mandalorian forces on the ground...for obvious reasons. I'd like you to lead the initial proceedings. You would be the first person to contact the Mandalore, who is groundside with his troops. You'll be talking with him and making sure the transition goes smoothly for all parties."

"Thiz one is not very good at politicz."

"I doubt the Mandalore is much of a politician either." Alex did not smile.

Raza wondered if the Jedi Master had some secret reservations about the loose alliance with the Mandalorians.

"So, are you okay with this?"

Raza did not hesitate. "Yez, Master Skywalker. Thiz one will do hiz best."

"I know you will. May the Force be with you, Raza. And watch your tail."

The barabel sissed with amusement as he walked away. Thiz one will keep hiz tail very safe.

--------------------
user posted image
Alex Skywalker
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 12:07 PM

Jedi Council Member

Alex Skywalker looked at his young, gifted Paladin and sighed inwardly. As much as Kiera might want to escape her destiny that wasn't going to happen. Every time she tried, the Force turned her back towards the destiny it had determined for her. How long it would take Kiera to realize that Alex didn't know, but he hoped it was sooner rather than later. Later wouldn't be good for any of them; not the Paladins or Loyalists, not the galaxy as a whole, and especially not for Kiera and Jag. He really wished he could give "young love"ť a break, but that had just about never happened in the history of the Jedi -- it went with the territory -- so with only slight regret Alex set about putting things in motion. He wasn't the grandmaster for nothing.

"I want you two to resume smuggling."ť He told them.

"What?" Both Jag and Kiera responded as dumbfounded as Alex had expected they would be.

"And, Jag, try for scoundrel this time. You're entirely too respectable for a smuggler."

That didn't even elicit a surprised "what" but Kiera's eyes narrowed on Alex. Where Jag was just flummoxed into silence, she was already suspicious.

"Who are we looking for; Daniel or Grae?"ť She asked. She suppressed the sadness that had flickered in her eyes, but Alex caught it nonetheless.

"Find one and you'll find the other. I suspect though that Daniel will be easier to track and sense." Alex instructed.

Jag's expression turned into a glower. Apparently he was catching on. Alex sensed Jag teetering on the brink of refusal, but then something passed between him and Kiera. Jag's refusal subsided, but not his distaste for the mission.

"Why didn't you give us this assignment in council?"

"This assignment is not to be on record. I want the two of you to give every appearance of breaking away from the Paladin Order."

"You think there's a sith mole in the order." Jag stated. There was disillusionment in his voice -- as if nothing was safe.

Well, he was right; nothing was safe from the sith.

"We had a sith leading the Jedi Order."ť Alex replied. "We had a sith masquerading as a highly respected Jedi master among the Loyalists. There's every possibility we could have a sith infiltrator among the Paladins."ť

Jag pondered that and then his face hardened into lines of determination. He might have trouble playing a scoundrel, but Alex knew he could count on Jag's ideals always coming to the fore.

"We'll do it. But it's going to take awhile to set up a believable scenario, one that would fool a sith."

"Yes." Alex agreed. "It does need to be believable. Your disillusionment is a start, Jag. Play on that."ť

"I will. That, and the fact that I'm getting a little tired of every master in the place being able to read me like a holobook." Jag snappishly replied.

That would work. Jag was most certainly getting fed up with being read like a holobook.
Ahdar Grae
Posted: Jul 8 2011, 05:35 PM

Oola

Member No.: 53

Jedi Knight Meesha Kalta was walking swiftly through the hallways very unlike her usual, casual self. Typically she blended right in with the other Paladin Jedi. She was always ready for idle chit chat and very prompt with her reports. She worked hard and made earnest progress in her role as an intelligent agent for the Paladins. One of many, yet still a favored agent and one of Master Sall's favorite apprentices. As a spy she was had almost no equal. Perhaps Jedi Master Lu, but she was now a Loyalist.

Regardless, all of that hard earned training and reputation had gone out the viewport as of the moment. She was tense, agitated, and paranoid. The Force vision she had last night was anything but pleasant. The only thing she knew for certain right now was that she needed to escape.

Like most distracted individuals who storm down a hallway without looking ahead, she rammed straight into another Jedi.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She blurted, half in fear, half in sincerity.

As her focus bore down on the Jedi in front of her, a blaster bolt of worry shot through her spine and bounced around in her guts before she quickly clamped down on the betrayal.

Jedi Master Drifus was looming down at her with a not unpleasant and concerned smile.

"That's all right, Jedi Kalta. We all get distracted sometimes. I'm sure you have plenty going through your head right now."

Meesha carefully held a tight reign on her thoughts as Master Drifus paused.

Thankfully he continued with no shift in thought. "By the way, I finished reading your initial assessment on Anaxes. I think you're quite right with it's importance and the idea of using a Jedi task force as a feint at Corellia if rather crafty. It could work."

She relaxed and let the tension flow away as she beamed one of her glowing smiles. "Thank you, Master Drifus."

Drifus frowned. It was for just the tiniest fraction of a second. A small quirk in the corners of his mouth.

Meesha was lingered on that moment, lightning thoughts flashing through her head as she pondered the reasons for that brief break in emotion.

Yet Drifus continued on. "Well, I'll let you get where you were going. Plenty to do I imagine." He turned and began strolling off.

In turn, she did likewise, in the opposite direction, fully intent now in following through with her plan. She would take the first ship she could get and fly out of Rishi, hook up with Master Grae, inform him that her cover was blown, and wait for his punishment. It might be severed, but she trusted her Foce vision. Whatever Grae administered would not be as bad as death.

Being a Sith spy on a Jedi ship was no day in the park.
Alex Skywalker
Posted: Jul 8 2011, 06:02 PM

Jedi Council Member

"Is something wrong, Master Drifus?" Alex asked the troubled looking Jedi Master.

"No. Yes." He stumbled in thought. "I don't know."

Alex held his gaze then gave in. "Well, which is it? Yes or no?"

Drifus looked up with worried, weathered eyes. "It's definitely something." He took a breath. "I ran into Jedi Knight Kalta, do you know her?"

"Meesha, yes, how is she?"

"Fine." Drifus quickly retorted. "But that's not the issue...well it is."

"I see. Maybe we should go get a cup of caf..."

"No no." Drifus cut in. "Just give me a minute to gather my thoughts on this."

Alex waited as the old Jedi Master focused his mind. He could feel the warm, soothing glow of the Force heighten around him. Finally the old Jedi was satisfied. His very bearing seemed rejuvenated and collected. Focused.

"I think Kalta is a Sith."

Now it was Alex's turn to be confused. "What?!"

"Like I said, I ran into her in the hall, not some ten minutes before. She seemed distracted and worried and she actually ran into me. I wouldn't have thought much of it since I was just as in deep of thought as her, and was just as much my fault that we ran into each other as it was her. I was thinking about the Anaxes situation..."

Alex knew how Drifus liked to get side tracked so he replotted the master's course subtly. "Meesha."

"There was a moment, when we were speaking, that I felt a break in her mental defenses. She was so awash in paranoia that it came off like the stink of a dianoga. Have you ever smelled one?"

"I'm sure they're terrible."

"Pungent." Drifus continued. "Absolutely. Well that slight burst in paranoia set off my danger sense, even though she continued as if nothing was wrong. Then I felt it again, but this time I had the sense to pluge into it and...well, I felt the smallest touch of the dark side. Like it was some second skin she had been hiding. But it was there and gone so quickly...and Meesha has been so useful and diligent in her duties. And on top of that my own distractions..."

"I understand." Alex consoled Drifus. "This conflict has taken it's toll on all of us."

Master Drifus saw the quick flash of pain and felt instant pity and empathy. "I'm so sorry about Jena. She was such a good girl."

"Yes, she was." Alex was in utter control of himself. Now was not the time. "But Meesha, how sure are you."

Drifus paused again. "Now...I'm certain. She is either one of the Sith or she has fallen to the dark side without anyone's notice."

"That's good enough for me." Alex pulled out his comlink. "Hangar, this is Skywalker. I want a lockdown. No one leaves without my permission, is that understood."

"Yes sir." Came a youthful sounding voice with a slight purr. "Jedi Knight Kalta was the last to leave, Master Skywalker."

Fierek. "How long ago?"

"Three minutes."

"Send out interdictors-"

"-I'm afraid she has already made her first jump into hyperspace, Master Skywalker. But we might be able to track her last jump-"

"-No." Alex cut the voice off. "She's gone. Go ahead and countermand my order."

Somewhere in the back of his mind the voice acknowledge the order but he was already thinking ahead. If Kalta was a Sith spy, how much damage could she do?

How much damage has she already done?

"It's alright, Master Skywalker." Fyn reassured him. "Whatever she knows can be ameliorated. It will not be catastrophic damage. She does not know what we know."

"Of course." Alex replied halfheartedly. "But-"

"No." Fyn interjected. "Take my word for it, Master Skywalker. She was paranoid and worried, but when she left me, she was confident that her charade was still intact. Her role as a spy often takes her on secret missions to distant locals. She was actually scheduled for a very long, deep cover op. It was the perfect cover for her escape. She knows she will not be missed for some time."

Alex relaxed just a little. "I'll have to take your word for it, Fyn." He Glanced away. "Any word yet from Otto and Tamaryn?"

"Not yet, but then I wouldn't be in the know on that. Jedi Kosas is overseeing that operation."

"Very well. Let me know as soon as they report in. I think I'm going to meditate on this." He turned away. "A lot has happened in the last few days, and I think a lot is about to change."
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 01:31 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

After his wife's third sigh in as many minutes, Jag set aside the supply container he was about to load into his ship's hold. To say that Kiera was reluctant about this mission they'd been assigned was an understatement. That was pretty obvious. And a reluctant partner was an ineffective partner. Besides, Jag didn't have a hope of succeeding without Kiera so, although he was in a hurry to get on with it, Jag was just going to have to take the time to hash this out with Kiera. They hadn't been married all that long, but Jag had already learned it saved time to take the time to listen and talk. He plopped himself on the supply container he'd just set down and motioned for Kiera to join him. Slipping his arm around her he asked her what was wrong. It was all the trigger she needed. Kiera's words rushed out in a troubled voice.

"Master Skywalker over-estimates my abilities. Jag, I'm not up to this mission. How does the Grandmaster expect me to succeed in finding Daniel especially with Sith out there clouding everything? Daniel Solo is a cold and distant person. It's not that we've had an antagonistic relationship; it's that we've never had one at all. I'll never sense him."

No matter how strong in the Force someone was, young was young, and Jag was again reminded that Kiera was only 20. She might be able to toss him across the room with a flick of her hand, but she was also prone the same human condition of any other 20-year-old. And it was here that he balanced her.

"I think here is where I remind you that you alone sensed the darkness in the Jedi Order before it fractured itself." Jag gently stated, but not too gently. "Skywalker knows that and he knows he can count on it. Secondly, while you may not be able to sense out Daniel Solo you're very close to someone who can."

Jag felt Kiera's jolt of emotion as she grasped where he was heading. "Jag, you can't be serious. You know what kind of shape he is. Do you want to completely destroy him?"

"Kiera, I know Daven Solo's been subjected to something no one should have to experience, but think for a moment. Daven chose his brother. You think that act didn't create a bond between them?"

"And in making that choice he killed Jenna Skywalker." Kiera argued back. "Can you imagine his state of mind now? He needs to remain here where he can heal. If we take him with us, we risk him going dark."

"I think you're underestimating Daven. If he didn't go dark killing Jenna or Rothe, he won't go dark finding his brother. But he just might find redemption."

Jag watched Kiera open her mouth to argue further, but the words that finally issued forth were not what he expected to hear.

"You're right. We have to at least offer Daven that chance for redemption."

Standing, Jag pulled Kiera to her feet and together they went to confront Daven with maybe what was his last and best hope.

--------------------
Accessory(ies): None
Weapon(s): SP-44 Heavy Pistol, vibro knife
Droid(s): Spectre, N7 Astromech
Credits: 0
Ship(s): Phoenix
Current Status: Rishi Maze

« Next Oldest | Rishi Maze | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2007 seconds | Archive