Photobucket
RD

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Crescendo: A Star Wars Infinities Future RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Smugglers Run
Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Sep 8 2009, 09:20 PM

Darkness Wiki Queen/overworked admin
Group Icon

Group: Paladin Jedi (Administrator)
Member No.: 4

When the stars had at last become a tunnel of light, Kiera loosed her breath in relief. Jag flashed her a look of sympathy and she returned his look with gratitude, but it wasn’t what he thought. It wasn’t the escape, but the manner of it that brought relief to Kiera. She fully intended to escape no matter what it took. That it hadn’t taken fighting and bloodshed was the relief part. A temporary reprieve only for things were going to get very ugly now. The only comfort in that was the necessity of it. It was a strange kind of satisfaction that Kiera felt with her day’s work, but it was satisfaction nonetheless, and Kiera relaxed back into her seat, exuding that sense of calm surety a Jedi felt when they were in complete union with the Force. As if it was the signal Jag had been waiting for, he too relaxed as he flashed her a grin and a question.

“Kiera, now would be a good time to tell me what happened. Not that I’m all that curious, but Spectre is dying to know. He’s such a nosy droid and he hates being out of the loop.”

As Spectre squealed an indignant protest, Kiera looked down at her lap to hide her amusement from the droid. She was really beginning to understand the relationship between this droid and his master: complete interdependence. She wondered how many countless times Jag and Spectre had saved each other, and she hoped she never put Jag in the situation of having to choose between her and Spectre. She wasn’t entirely confident of the choice Jag would make. But then, knowing Spectre, he’d probably save them all.

Would be nice to have a droid like that, she mused, but that’s a relationship that’s earned.

“Well, for Spectre’s edification, I’ll tell you what happened, more or less.” Kiera replied. “The Jedi Council is being manipulated by someone or thing dark and dangerous. At least half the masters are under its influence without even being aware of it. I warned them, and then I resigned.”

Jag looked at Kiera flabbergasted. She’d come out of the Council chamber changed, and he wasn’t altogether easy about that change.

“Kiera, how can you sense something that Jedi masters can’t. How can you be sure?”

Instead of bridling or getting angry, Kiera smiled slightly at Jag. “That’s a fair enough question. I can because there in the Council chamber, as I observed the Order falling apart, I became a knight, Jag. Not the conveniently somewhat inept and weak knight that Adhar Grae named me, but a true Jedi knight. I…transcended.”

Jag didn’t know how he knew, but he felt the truth in every word Kiera spoke. It brought a lump to his throat and it was a minute before he could speak – and reintroduce reality.

“And your first act as a knight was to leave.” His voice was sad, and he shook his head at the futility of her knighthood, gone before it had really begun. But Kiera was still smiling, not at all upset or bereft.

“Jag, being a Jedi isn’t about a title or temple. It’s what you are, and that can’t be taken away by a council or a resignation. You know I’ll always be a Jedi.”

“I know.” Jag said with a touch of wistfulness, maybe wondering what life would be like if Kiera wasn’t a Jedi. Normal, but did he want normal? Evidently not. “And the first thing you do as “true knight” is break up the Order.”

Jag laughed as he said it, to show he wasn’t serious, but Kiera started and then stared at Jag. Jag in turn stared back at her as it dawned on him that’s exactly what she’d set out to do.

“Why?”

“Because sometimes you need to break something before you can make it better.”

--------------------
Accessories: silver ring with a rainbow gem; holocron
Weapons: lightsaber powered with a yellow Ilum crystal
Droid: astromech N7
Credits: 1200
Ships: The Phoenix, freighter
Current Status: Rishi Maze

user posted image
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Sep 12 2009, 06:10 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Jagged shook his head, more in confusion than disagreement. Until a few weeks ago, it had never occurred to him that the Jedi Order could have so many internal divisions and problems. From the outside, the Order seemed fairly homogenous although he was certainly learning that it wasn’t the case anymore. In fact, now that the Order was split, it especially wasn’t true.

The idea of this “Dark man” manipulating the Council from behind the scenes was alarming and felt far-fetched but then, Jagged decided he’d just have to trust Kiera. She certainly had a better feel for the Jedi than he did and he supposed he owed her his trust.

Jagged smirked as the humorous and entirely ridiculous thought. There was no doubt in his mind that Kiera was deserving of the sentiment, their bond told him that much. There were times, even weeks after the initial event, that he found himself puzzled over the “Force bond” that had grown out of their “mind meld”, both terms which Jagged had never actually had cause to use before Ilum.

“Makes sense,” he finally said. “I fully admit I don’t have a real grasp of the Order but even in the short time we were there, I could tell things were falling apart. The chaos throughout the Temple while I was finding you…” He shook his head. “You should have seen it Kiera. It was bad. Real bad.”

Kiera nodded, but her focus seemed to be somewhere else. After a few minutes, Jagged put a hand on her arm gently. “Kiera? Is something wrong?”

Her eyes returned to the Phoenix’s cockpit and she shook her head. “Yes. It was bad before Jagged. Now…now it’s worse. I just felt a Jedi’s life blink out of existence. The tremors rippling through the Force…they’re filled with anger, sorrow, regret, determination, righteousness…The Order is beginning to implode upon itself.”

Jagged, his hand still resting on her arm, squeezed, reminding her that he was there. “There’s nothing we can do Kiera. There are good people on Kashyyyk. Master Skywalker, Jena. Master Kol’ryn. I can’t promise you that things will be okay but you have to trust in the Force.”

The remark brought a smirk to Kiera’s face, despite the gravity of the situation. “I’m glad you’re here with me.”

Jagged smiled. “Me too.” The two spent a moment in comfortable silence before he continued. “Well, I suppose it's a good thing we're out of the Temple at least. With the Temple's situation as it is, we can't afford to draw attention to ourselves anymore. This-" He gestured towards the Phoenix's controls-"will give us a bit of breathing room."

--------------------
Accessory(ies): None
Weapon(s): SP-44 Heavy Pistol, vibro knife
Droid(s): Spectre, N7 Astromech
Credits: 0
Ship(s): Phoenix

Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 07:39 PM

Group Icon

Breathing room. Kiera’s mind echoed. Not likely.

Jag must have caught her thoughts because his expression turned grave, and Kiera knew he was about to broach what had to be talked about, and she was going to have to listen. He wasn’t going to do things her way. He’d already demonstrated he wasn’t about to leave her so that solution was out the porthole. Besides, she didn’t want him to.

“Kiera, are the Jedi going to come after you?”

“Probably. At the very least Hassel will get the arrest warrant issued. There won’t be a GA spaceport safe for me to enter. My bio signature will light up every sensor they’ve got.” She dismally explained. It was a whole new sensation to her -- unable to move freely about. Being a criminal.

“Lucky for me then that I know how to get past those pesky sensors.” Jag grinned.

“What do you mean?” she asked confused, and then the confusion cleared as she realized what he meant. “Smuggling.”

“Now, Kiera, I know you were only lukewarm to the idea, but if you think about it, you’ll see the advantages.” Jag ventured.

“I don’t have to think about it. I agree.” Kiera replied with such finality it made Jag uncomfortable. He didn’t want her capitulating either because she was backed into a corner or because of him. He didn’t have a problem with smuggling, not the type of smuggling he did, but he hated the idea of Kiera compromising her ideals.

“Kiera, if you can’t look me in the eye, if I can’t feel that you believe this is right, I can’t let you do it.”

With deliberation Kiera unbuckled the crash restraint, got up and then, to Jag’s surprise, plopped herself down in his lap facing him. She slipped her arms around his neck and looked at him earnestly.

“I’m doing it because you’re right. You were right from the very start, and I was wrong. You were right to leave the GA behind and give service to the greater galaxy. You can call it ideals, or Force guidance or whatever you want, but what it is, is hearing that voice inside you, the one that tells you the truth. If that makes us criminals, so be it. I’ll wear that label proudly.”

Jag looked at Kiera, his doubts about the sudden change in her laid to rest. They started to kiss and they didn’t stop until the reversion alarm broke them apart. But amidst the kissing and touching and mind-bonding, they both knew that something pivotal had happened. They had stepped into a true and equal partnership. From now on, where one went the other would follow.

--------------------

user posted image
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Sep 19 2009, 12:03 PM

Jagged and Kiera leaned against each other, enjoying the simple joy that simply being in each other's prescence brought. A chime from the Phoenix's console broke the silence of the moment and Kiera twisted on Jagged's lamp to see what it was.

"Is that the hyperspace notice?" she asked.

Jagged nodded. "Indeed, we've got about ten minutes before reversion."

Kiera raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I see, and you know, since we're partners and all, did you want to tell me where exactly we're going?"

Jagged grinned and gestured for Kiera to resume her seat. As she did so, he pulled up a system's diagram on the Navicomputer. "We're heading back into Wild Space to a system primarily dominated by an asteroid field known as the Smuggler's Run. A number of the larger asteroid's inside the field have been hollowed out to provide hide-aways and business center for people of-" he paused as he searched for the more polite term "-less reputable intentions."

Kiera nodded, absorbing the information. "Why hasn't it been shut down before now? Surely the Galactic Alliance knows about it."

Jagged shrugged. "Some might but the field is fairly spread out and navigating an asteroid field is never easy. Think of it like Nar Shaddaa if it helps."

"Makes sense I suppose. What will we do when we get there?"

"I'm thinking we're going to pick up a load of relief supplies on the cheap and then make a delivery to Mon Calamari," Jagged replied.

Kiera adopted a look of confusion. "Mon Calamari? Aren't there already a number of groups in the Alliance helping them?"

"Of course but some of those corporations over-charge the government for the supplies. We can get the supplies where they're needed for a much lower cost while still making a small profit to keep us going. But-" Jagged's attention returned to the controls. "It seems like we're about there."

The Phoenix slipped out of Hyperspace with a flash of radiation and drifted towards the large asteroid belt for a few moment before lighting her sublight drives and flying into the field.

Jagged's attention remained focused solely on the sensors and the viewport as he dodged through the field, relying as much on his instincts as instrumentation. Spectre, plugged into his interface, called out notices of his own, giving Jagged exactly the information he needed.

It was a perfect duology, the two having learned exactly what they needed to hear. Kiera leaned back in her seat, watching and listening, using the Force to feel out where she might fit into the group.

"Asteroid coming from below," she said, having not heard Jagged or Spectre mention it.

Jagged nodded his thanks, pulsing the repulsorlifts to bounce the Phoenix over the top of one asteroid before diving down under the one Kiera had spotted.

When they had passed through the densest part of the field, Jagged flashed a quick smile at Kiera. "The trick of navigating an asteroid field is that you can't let yourself get locked into reacting only. There is no pattern out here, so you have to make your own."

Kiera nodded, then turned to point at one asteroid they were approaching. "Is that where we're going?"

Jagged nodded. "It is, Skip One."

The Phoenix drifted into one of the small hangars that littered the asteroid field, then settled down on her landing pads. Jagged locked the system down, grabbed his blaster belt then waited at the top of the boarding ramp for Kiera to join him.

As she turned the corridor and coming into view, Jagged stifled a laugh, drawing only a look of confusion.

"You look like a Jedi," Jagged remarked. "Jedi Robes aren't exactly common around here."

Kiera laughed. "I suppose not." Pulling her robe off and tossing it to the side, she raised an eyebrow.

Jagged nodded. "The tunic's not a ton better but it'll do. When we get to Mon Calamari, remind me to make sure we find something more appropriate."

The two laughed and then descended the ramp, heading out to meet the large dockmaster who was approaching them.

"Solo?" the man called out as Jagged reach the bottom of the ramp.

Jagged grinned. "Spick! Been a couple of months, how've you been?"

The man-Spick-shrugged. "You know how it is. People come and go. Last I heard you disappeared on a run out into the Unknown Regions."

Jagged nodded, purposefully keeping his distaste for that memory hidden. "I did but you know me."

Spick laughed. "That I do, Solo. And who would this be?"

"This," Jagged replied, putting an arm around Kiera. "is Kiera. And don't even think about it."

Spick feigned innocence. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Jagged laughed. "I'm sure. But we're only going to be hear for a little bit to pick up a cargo. How much for a day's berth?"

Spick shook his head sadly. "I'm afraid prices have been raised while you were gone Solo. Operating costs are up and the prices have raised across Skip One as a result. It'll be three hundred credits."

"Sithspit," Jagged responded. "It was one seventy-five last I was here and if you're not going to give me a fair deal, I'll find another berth here that will."

Spick raised his hands in protest. "Hold your tauntauns Solo, you know I've got to try. How's two hundred sound?"

Jagged nodded, handing the credits over. "That'll be fine. I'll catch you later."

Spick nodded and turned, walking towards another recently landed freighter so that he might overcharge them.

Kiera shook her head in mock-disgust. "You call Spick a friend?"

Jagged laughed. "Of course not. An acquaintance, yeah but I wouldn't trust him all that far."

"How long have you know him?"

"Since the GA-Mandalorian War actually," Jagged responded after a moment of thought. "He served aboard the Mon Remonda as one of the dockmasters. He got discharged after they finally caught his underground sabacc ring."

Kiera shrugged. "He deserved it. And why'd he call you Solo?"

Jagged grinned. "That was my nickname back when I was flying in Red Squadron. Spick picked it up and it's spread."

The two walked through the hollowed tunnels of Skip One, Jagged spending much of the time informing Kiera on just what life as a smuggler was like. After ten minutes, they turned towards a cantina.

"Flex?" Kiera asked.

Jagged nodded. "It's one of a number of cantinas around here. We'll find someone inside selling a cargo."

Jagged and Kiera seated themselves at a table, and, as the waiter came around, ordered a pair of Corellian whiskey's to drink. Jagged turned, nodding in satisfaction as he saw someone at the bar.

"I'll be right back," He said as he stood.

As he turned, the waiter returned with their drinks which Kiera immediately began drinking. A few minutes later, Jagged returned to the table, gesturing for the Ithorian he had seen to sit.

"Kiera," he said, not noticing that her glass was already drained. "This is Raes and he might just have the cargo we've been looking for."

--------------------

Jagged Antilles
Posted: Sep 25 2009, 10:44 AM

The Ithorian exhaled audibly in amusement then nodded his head. "I don't have the cargo myself but I just talked to a supplier who lifted a heavy load of supplies from an old Mandalorian base. He's here now if you'd like to talk to him of course."

Jagged nodded and when the Ithorian turned to go find the man, Jagged turned to Kiera, leaning close to her. "I've gotten cargoes from Raes before and he's not bad. For a smuggler of course."

Kiera nodded and then frowned slightly. "Do all these cargoes come from abandoned bases?"

Jagged shrugged. "Some of the material that passes through here comes from pirates, or the black mart. And some of it is stolen, whether it be from the Hutts, the Alliance or the Empire." Noting Kiera's continued note of disapproval Jagged continued. "We both know that there are plenty of less than savory types here. I don't usually take those cargoes but when I do, I try to make sure some good comes out of it. It's the best we can hope for."

"I suppose," Kiera replied. "But then, I knew that coming in." Kiera turned towards the waiter, ordering another ale while Jagged returned his attention to Raes as he walked back to the table, accompanied by a relatively short human.

"This is my client," Raes announced. "He prefers to remain nameless of course but he's happy to sell his cargo to you."

As Jagged and Raes' client launched into negotiations, Kiera-seemingly distracted-turned her attention to the bar, as if searching for something. As the bartender set a class filled with whiskey down on the bar, Kiera gave a short laugh to herself and picked the glass up with the Force and floated it to her table, succeeding in spilling only a quarter of the glass before it finally arrived on the table.

As the glass approached, Raes' client turned to look at Kiera, eyes suspicious. "What is this? Some kind of Jedi setup? Was that supposed to impress me?"

"Of course not," Jagged interjected. "She's my partner-"

Kiera laughed, a slight lisp emerging. "I think he's afraid Jagged."

The man leaned back in his chair and laughed, taking a sip of his own drink. "Afraid? Of a Jedi? When a Hutt and a Gungan fall in love! I've outrun Jedi dozens of times. If you're trying to impress somethign on me, try again."

Kiera smirked. Without any warning whatsoever, the man's drink wrenched itself from his hand and flew across the bar, smashing into a wall.

The man glared at Kiera but before any more words could be exchanged, Jagged intervened again. "Look, all we want is the cargo, alright? Why don't you give me the cargo on the price we agreed upon and I'll buy you a pair of drinks, alright?"

The man considered, then nodded. "There ain't much of a market for these supplies at the moment and this cargo's been burning a hole in my hold for a week now. You have yourself a deal."

Jagged nodded, paid the bartender for the drinks and for the broken then glass then put his arm around Kiera and guided her out of the bar. As he walked down the corridor, Kiera stumbling slightly beside him, he sighed and shook his head. "Remind me never to let you drink like that again. At least, not while on the job."

--------------------

Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Sep 27 2009, 05:19 PM

Group Icon

Kiera was all for using the Force to simply load the cargo on board, but after one attempt where she a little too forcefully slammed a container of goods against the cargo hold’s far wall, Jag persuaded her to do it the old-fashioned way. By the time they were finished with the job, Jag had had about enough of Kiera’s badly off-key singing; not to mention the song, which was a highly risque version of the old cantina favorite about a Hutt and a Gungan. Still he was pretty curious as to where Kiera had picked up that version since he was sure risqué songs were not on the temple curriculum. As she lowered the last container, Kiera straightened up and hiccupped.

“I want to fly my ship to Mon Cal.” She said, heading towards the Aethersprite. Jag grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around in the other direction.

“Not in a million years, Twinkle Toes.” Jag laughed. “Come on, I’ll buy you a cup of caf.”

Thanks to the caf, Kiera was firmly sober and appropriately sheepish about the whole episode by the time the Phoenix reverted outside of Mon Calamari. In spite of the beauty of the blue sphere in the distance, Kiera could never view the planet without old feelings churning up. This time, instead of trying to push them away as she always had in the past, she allowed them to flow through her. It wasn’t quite the same as acceptance and release, but she would get there. Still, the emotions were strong enough for Jag to pick up on. He glanced at her with sympathy as he brought the Phoenix in closer, preparing to making his run to the surface.

“I know how you feel.” He said. “It was an ugly battle.”

“It’s not just that, Jag. A combination of my inexperience and over-confidence got a good Jedi killed. That’s the particular reason I went into reconnaissance. It became my way of fighting the war.”

Jag nodded. Kiera wouldn’t have been the first to find herself unable to stomach the grim reality of starship combat. It wasn’t lack of nerve though; spying required nerves of durasteel. In fact, it required a kind of courage everyone had to respect, no matter their profession.

“False transponder on.” Jag flipped a switch. “And here we go. No worries.” He grinned, and Kiera found herself slammed against the back of her seat as he kicked the Phoenix into a steep and fast entry.

Great. I just had to fall for a starfighter jockey. And if he’s doing this to impress me, I’m going to kill him.

--------------------

user posted image
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Sep 30 2009, 09:28 PM

Jagged gave a short laugh of delight as he watched the clouds whip by the Phoenix's cockpit. Flying in space was always a joy but in the atmosphere, points of reference came much much faster and that always made the thrill that much better.

As the water approached, Jagged could sense a growing discomfort coming from Kiera. She wasn't worried-she knew he wasn't exactly stupid-but this wasn't exactly a common occurence for her.

At the last moment, Jagged twisted the controls around, sending the freighter hurtling through a barrel roll and leveling it out so that the ship was not running parallel to the water. The impact of the ship's repulsors and engines sent plumes of water into the air, some of it managing to splash back down on top of the Phoenix's cockpit.

"Satisfied now?" Kiera asked wryly.

Jagged grinned. "Yep."

Dropping the speed towards far more safe (and legal) levels, Jagged set his ship onto an approach vector for Riptide City.

Moments later, a watery voice sounded over the comm system. "Puddle Jumper, this is Riptide City Docking Authority. State your intentions please."

Jagged flicked the channel open to respond. "RCDA, this is Bruce Wayne aboard Puddle Jumper. My girlfriend, Selina Kyle, and I are traders from Coruscant and we're here for a little business and a lot more pleasure."

"Can you be more specific?"

Jagged laughed. "For business, we're here to hopefully make some partners and maybe some trading here and there as well. As for pleasure, well, a lot of it you probably don't want to know. But we were planning on trying out some of the local oceans and the like."

A watery sigh was the reply. "You do realize we're called Riptide City for a reason, right? The oceans aren't exactly safe. Have you tried Coral City?"

Jagged shook his head emphatically. "Dangerous is my middle name. Along with dashing, daring and dastardly."

"And Riptide has fallen on some harder times as well following the War...."

Jagged intervened before the dockmaster could bring up more reasons. "Ms. Kyle and I are quite sure this is where we would like to spend our travels."

"As you wish Master Wayne. Docking Bay 14 is open. Just follow the beacon in."

"Thank you, sir."

A few hours later, the Phoenix secured in her dock and the fees paid, Jagged and Kiera wandered out of the dock and into the central part of the city. They wandered aimlessly for perhaps thirty minutes, stopping in various stores to browse their wares before finally finding their way to the Aqua Star's regional headquarters.

The organization was non-profit and had regional offices located in every city around the planet. Aqua Star had come into prominence following the GA-Mandalorian War as it took control of efforts to repair damage done to the planet. On and off planet corporations sold them supplies which they then passed along to those who needed it as cheaply as possible. Often more cheaply than they could really afford. Dac's government did it's best to compensate them but there was no denying that Aqua Star had a tough job. All of which made it the perfect place for Jagged and Kiera.

"Hi," Jagged said as he entered the headquarters, quickly strolling to the receptionist's desk. "I need to meet with a representative as soon as possible."

The Quarren looked up, a bemused expression on his face. "And who would you be?"

Jagged laughed. "My name is Bruce Wayne and I have some business I'd like to do."

The receptionist nodded, punched a call button then gestured down a hallway. "Mr. Ackbar will see you in his office."

Jagged and Kiera turned and walked down the hallway, finally slipping into the office. An aging Mon Calmarian stood up from his desk-which was half submerged in a small pool, and shook hands with them both.

"Mr. Wayne," the Mon Calamarian replied. "Have a seat. What can I do for you today?"

Jagged tilted his head to one side as he considered the man. "Ackbar?" he repeated. "Any relation to Commander Ackbar of the Galactic Alliance Navy?"

The Mon Calamarian laughed. "She is my granddoughter, yes. Do you know her I take it?"

Jagged shrugged. "I met her a few times while serving aboard the Mon Remonda. Hell of a tactical officer if memory serves. Last I heard, she was due for her own frigate."

"And she got it too. I've recieved a letter from her just this last week. She's busy hunting pirates in the Outer Rim."

Jagged laughed. "That would suit her tastes, yes."

"Would I be correct in assuming that you are not here for the Galactic Alliance Mr. Wayne?" Ackbar asked.

Jagged nodded. "Call me Bruce please. And this is my girlfriend Selina. Ackbar inclined his head in greeting. "And no, I'm afraid I'm not here for the Galactic Alliance. My freighter, however, has a large cargo of relief supplies be it medical, foodstuffs or building material."

Ackbar's eyes widened, one eye flicking to look at Kiera. "And how did you come across these supplies?"

Kiera leaned forward and shrugged. "Mr. Ackbar, sir, I believe we both know that where these supplies came from is irrelevant. And will probably do more harm to the people of Dac than good."

Ackbar nodded. "Yes, that's about what I thought. Look, I don't know what you've heard but-"

Jagged raised a hand, forestalling whatever the Mon Calamarian was about to say. "Mr. Ackbar, we may have come by these supplies in...unusual ways. But as such, were able to secure them cheaply. And we wish to sell them to you at the cheapest profit for us possible. In fact, I believe you'll find that our price will significally under-cut anything you might get from off-planet."

"Why?"

Jagged leaned back in his chair. "Sir, how much of the Battle of Mon Calamari do you happen to remember? Any specifics?"

Ackbar gave a sad smile. "Far too much of it I'm afraid. We were busy that day....far too busy."

Jagged nodded. "I agree. Do you remember a Mandalorian slave ship that crashed safely into the ocean?"

Ackbar considered it, then nodded. "I believe I do, yes. One moment." Turning to a computer, Ackbar began hastily typing in commands, then turned back to Jagged. "Yes, Aqua Star was responsible for rescuing many of those captives from the ship. According to our logs, the slave ship nearly crashed but for an Alliance X-Wing....." Ackbar's eyes went wide again. "What ship did you say you met my granddaughter on?"

"The Mon Remonda."

"Yes....I see what you mean Mr. Wayne. I'm sure you've heard it before, but you have my thanks."

Jagged shrugged. "It was the right thing to do. And I wasn't the only one who did what needed to be done that day. We all had to do our part." He put an arm around Kiera, knowing that the subject of the battle was probably uncomfortable. But even if she had made a mistake, she had been part of the good guys that day. "But shall we talk details?"

Ackbar nodded emphatically. "Yes, I believe we should."

Thirty minutes later, Jagged and Kiera emerged from Aqua Star's main building, holding each other tightly as they set back out across the town. The two spent most of the time in silence, simply enjoying the other's presence and the knowledge that because of them, people in Riptide City would be far better off.

"We've done good, Jagged," Kiera said quietly.

Jagged nodded. "Yeah, yeah we have."

They continued meandering through the city, when a voice broke through their reverie.

"Kiera Kenobi! Jagged Antilles! You both are under arrest by order of Grandmaster Adhar Grae."

Jagged and Kiera whirled as one, blasters flying from their holsters. A young Jedi Knight stood ten feet away, his jade blade held in position before him.

"You have a lot to answer for Kiera. I'm taking you in."

--------------------

Kiera Kenobi
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 12:35 PM

Group Icon

“You can try.” Kiera sighed as she addressed young Dak Wessler.

Young? He was two years older than her, but that was only chronological aging. Kiera had stepped into a completely different level of maturity Force-wise. In this situation a blaster wasn’t going to cut. In a blur of motion, what looked like a simple vibroknife hanging from her belt, flew into her hand fully extended its entire two meters. Wessler regarded the weapon and smirked, lunging forward – and got the shock of his life when his blade failed to slice it in two. It was impervious to his lightsaber.

Taking advantage of his momentary lapse, Kiera suddenly turned into a blazing whirlwind of aggressive defense; blocking Dak’s strikes, preventing him from parrying the blaster bolts Jag was sending in, and landing strikes of her own, nicking him with the knife end or staggering him with blows from the pole end.

Any time now, Jag. Kiera sent out for she wasn’t a true Matukai adept, and drawing on the Force to keep up the pace of one was punishing. Just when she knew her grip on it was flagging, Jag finished circling behind Dak Wessler and dropped him with a stun bolt. Kiera collapsed her wan-shen, and bent over slightly, taking deep breaths.

“That’s some weapon.” Jag remarked as he slipped a pair of stun cuffs onto the unconscious Loyalist.

“Thanks, and you were pretty timely with that blaster.” Kiera tossed Jag her pair of stuncuffs. “Better cuff his ankles too. What are we going to do with him? I can’t kill him, Jag.”

“Hmmm, I would guess I’ve got some buddies in the area. I bet you anything he was tracking smugglers. If he’d been after us, we wouldn’t have made it out of the docking bay.” Jag said as he straightened up and thumbed his comlink. As Kiera looked on, Jag sent out beeping code, and after a brief delay, received one in reply. Then he just stood and waited.

They didn’t wait long before a speeder pulled up and a couple of what had to be smuggler types hopped out. They strolled up, took in the situation, and broke into grins.

Hey, Solo, nice work. That’s the barv who’s been chasing us halfway across the galaxy. What a pain he’s been.”

“Yeah well, he’s kind of a pain for us too. Uh, but don’t kill him unless you want at least half the Jedi Order down on you. Just put him on a slow ship to nowhere.” Jag suggested.

“Good idea.” One of them said, as the other hefted the unconscious Dak and slung him none too gently into the speeder. “Hope he likes the cold.” He winked at Kiera.

“Hope he knows how to ride a wampa.” His companion rejoined as he hopped into the speeder, and it roared away.

“Oh, dear.” Kiera frowned. “I’m not sure he deserves Hoth.”

“What? You don’t like the cold?”

“I detest the cold.”

“Come on.” Jag slipped an arm around Kiera. “Let’s find an inn where I can keep you warm.”

After a warm night at a comfortable inn, Jag and Kiera lounged around their room, indulging in a leisurely breakfast. Jag made Kiera laugh when he asked if he could use her wan-shen to slice the bread.

“Only if you want to take your fingers off. It’s Force-embued, you know.”

“On second thought, I’ll stick to the bread knife.” He replied.

“I really need to construct a new lightsaber, Jag.” Kiera commented, as she eyed her wan-shen doubtfully. It was great as a backup weapon, or in a pinch like yesterday, but it was the lightsaber she was an expert at. If they were to happen to run into more than one Jedi at a time, a wan-shen was no good at weaving a protective barrier; not the kind she’d need to protect herself and Jag.

“What you really need to do right now is get a new outfit. Even without the robe, you’re shouting Jedi. As soon as we’re finished eating and dressed, we’ll go out and find you something.”

“We? Jag, I may be a novice at relationships but even I know there’s never been a male in the history of the galaxy who ever wanted to go clothes shopping with his female. I’m going alone. I can handle it. Besides, I don’t want to have to put up with you sighing and looking at your chrono every five minutes.”

Kiera grinned at Jag and he grinned back. “Deal.” He said. “And I’ll try and not bore myself while you’re gone.”

“What are you going to do?” Kiera eyed him with suspicion, remembering what he’d come up with the last time she’d left him alone. The evidence of that was sitting in the Phoenix’s cargo hold.

“Oh, I’ll think of something.”

Strolling around Riptide City’s commerce center, Kiera wondered why she’d never realized how much fun shopping could be. Just looking in the windows and rummaging through the clothes racks was entertaining, not to mention, actually trying on outfit after outfit. She hadn’t found the right thing yet, but she’d loved trying on the clothes, imagining Jag’s reaction. Well, there she had it, the key that tumbled the locks into place. She was actually shopping for the first time in her life as so many women routinely shopped, with an eye towards evoking that certain look from their man. Kiera laughed and strolled into yet another shop to peruse the racks.

And that’s when she saw, on display, the perfect outfit. It was a synthleather one piece, so dark blue that it was nearly black except when the light hit it. With a gentle Force-nudge, she got the clerk’s attention, and the human female hurried over. The clerk, seeing the gleam in Kiera’s eyes and knowing it for what it was, quickly gauged her size. The clerk was so quick at shoving Kiera into the dressing room with the proper size outfit, that Kiera might have suspected the woman was Force adept herself. She didn’t; she was too busy admiring the way the outfit made her look and feel. She stepped out of the dressing room, and the clerk went into raptures, half of which were probably actually true. The outfit did set off her red hair, and it actually did seem to do something to cause her skin to glow and her eyes to sparkle. Running her practiced eye up and down Kiera, the clerk suddenly frowned.

“Oh, no, no, no. You can’t wear those brown boots with that outfit. It ruins the whole effect. Black, and calf-hugging. I just happen to have the perfect pair here.”

Of course she did, but Kiera had to admit the woman was right. The black boots gave her some height, and really did show off her shapely calves. Mentally toting up the total amount, Kiera winced then gave herself a mental slap. What was she thinking? Of course, she could afford them. Kiera turned to the clerk with a smile.

“I’ll take the outfit and the boots, and I think I’ll wear them.”

“Excellent idea.” The clerk agreed. “The outfit highlights the lovely rainbow gem you’re wearing.”

“Thank you.” Kiera murmured, inwardly amused, although that was probably true as well.

They completed the transaction and when the clerk was bundling Kiera’s old outfit into a shopping bag, she handed her a sleek and functional black utility belt gratis.

“Could I make just one teeny suggestion?” The woman said as Kiera was transferring everything from her old belt to her new one. “Have you considered getting your hair styled? Not that it isn’t lovely, but it is rather, ah, generic.”

Well, why not? Kiera considered. It was only hair, and if she hated the cut, it would always grow.

“I suppose you just happen to know someone who could do that.”

“As a matter of fact, I do. Two doors down. She does human hair wonderfully well. Tell her Trilli sent you.”

“Trilli; got it. Are they going to try to sell me a bunch of makeup?”

“My dear, you don’t need it. If I’d had eyelashes like yours – well, I wouldn’t be selling clothes on Mon Cal, I can tell you that.”

In the end, Fleur the hairstylist, did end up selling Kiera some eye and lip makeup, and showed her how to discretely apply just a touch of tint to her eyelids and lips. Kiera agreed; along with the new hairstyle, it enhanced her looks. No wonder other women did this. It was fun.

Tossing her new carefree hair, she headed back to the inn, unconsciously swaying her hips as she walked. Her head felt so light without the weight of all that hair pulling it down. And she was amazed at how comfortable the new outfit was. For something so skin-hugging, Kiera would have thought she’d have had trouble breathing in it. Then she glanced at her chrono, surprised to see how long she’d been gone. Jag had probably gone into a coma by now.

Jag was on his wrist holocom when Kiera enter the room, but after a glance over his shoulder (and a widening of his eyes), he hastily ended the call with a quick bye, talk to you soon.

“Who was that?” Kiera asked, tossing her shopping bag onto a chair.

“No one.” He replied, sidling up to her. His eyes were definitely lit with that appreciation Kiera had been aiming for. Kiera slipped her arms around his neck, and pulled him close.

“Hmm, that’s exactly what I have in mind too. Just one thing; we’re going to have to make this quick. My girlfriend’s due back anytime.”

Kiera smacked Jag – but not too hard. Really, it was just a love pat.

--------------------

user posted image
Jagged Antilles
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 11:01 AM

Some time later, Jagged finally succumbed to temptation and asked the question he had been dreading ever since Kiera had walked in the door with an armful of shopping bags.

Still holding her tight to him, he raised an eyebrow. "So how much are we going to have to steal from the next bank to pay for all of this?"

Kiera turned, a befuddled expresion on her face. "What do you mean how are we going to pay for it...." A look of realization came over her face and Kiera burst into an almost embarrased laughter.

Jagged shook his head, even more confused than before. "Am I missing something here?"

Kiera, stifling her laughter, nodded. "You might say that, yes. Let me lead you through this. You know that Jedi don't have much need in the way of monetary funds, right?" Jagged nodded. "Well, some six hundred years ago, members of my family robbed an Imperial bank-it was for a good cause, really. Anyway, those funds were put into a variety of investments and that original steal has been slowly growing."

"And since Jedi don't need money," Jagged finished. "It's still there. When exactly were you going to tell me you were rich?"

Kiera shrugged and winked. "Oh I don't know, probably when you proved worthy of it." Her expresion gew serious for a moment. "Honestly, it never even occured to me to mention it. The Jedi have provided most of what I've needed and that fortune just isn't something that occurs to me that often."

Jagged nodded his understanding then, in the hopes of lightening the conversation, turned to her original statment. "And what would I have had to do to prove myself worthy?" Jagged asked with a laugh.

"Oh...kill a Krayt dragon with only a metal sword as a weapon. Rescued me-the damsel in distress-from some impenetrable tower on Coruscant. Stuff like that." Kiera responded, happily returning to the more light-hearted conversation.

Jagged mock-sighed. "I don't still have to do any of that, do I?"

Kiera winked again. "I suppose we'll just have to find out. But that's how I paid for all of this?" she said as she gestured towards the still un-packed shopping bags.

Jagged nodded, even as he tried to digest just how much money Kiera probably had. "Do you have a way of checking the total amount of credits available to you?" he finally asked. "I may have another little investment for us."

Kiera nodded, then stood to go get a datapad from her bag. Typing in a few commands, she let Jagged have a look at the screen.

Jagged looked at the numbers, then at Kiera and repeated one more time before he finally found his voice. "You forgot a decimal somewhere."

Kiera shook her head. "There's a decimal at the very end there, see?"

"Right, and that's not in the right place. Can't be."

Smirking, Kiera shook her head. "It is."

Jagged leaned back in his chair thoughtfully. "Someday," he finally said. "I'm going to drop a surprise at least as big as this on you and we'll see what you think about it."

Kiera laughed. "I'm looking forward to it."

Jagged nodded. "Do you mind if I take a faction-a very small fraction I think now-to use to upgrade the Phoenix?"

Kiera shrugged. "Sure, what are you thinking?"

Jagged grabbed his own datapad and showed it to her. "I started working on this after we left Skip One: it's a slight modification of one of the Phoenix's cargo bays so that the Ilum Bond can dock mid-flight. While you were out shopping, I called up one of the private shipyards to see how much it would cost to make the modifications."

"And?" Kiera asked.

Jagged grinned. "And it's considerably less than the fortune you have on that datapad right there."

Kiera felt herself grinning in response. "I suppose we'd best call that shipyard then."

The modifications took about a week to complete during which Kiera and Jagged spent a couple of peaceful days simply enjoying the oceans of Mon Calamari. When the work was finally completed, Jagged ran a number of tests in-dock to make sure he was satisfied with the dock's work and when he was confident that anything sub-par would be best fixed by his and Spectre's own hands, he and Kiera left Mon Calamari.

"So where are we going next?" Jagged asked Kiera as the Phoenix slipped out of the atmosphere.

Kiera thought about it for a moment then nodded. "There are a couple of things I need to pick up on Naboo. Can we make a stop there?"

Jagged grinned. "Of course."

Minutes later, the Phoenix shot into hyperspace, bound for the Naboo system and whatever other surprises Kiera had in store.

--------------------

« Next Oldest | Hyperspace | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options PhotobucketPhotobucket

Affiliates

RPG-D

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1446 seconds | Archive