InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Christopher Meloni. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topic

Wet Hot American Summer, Such a good movie.
Scissorknot
  Posted: Nov 25 2005, 04:52 PM

Keller's Prag

Group: Members
Member No.: 137

Who has seen Wet Hot American Summer? It is without a doubt one of my personal favorite movies. It is just so funny. For those of you who have not seen the movie yet it is basically a parody of every single summer camp movie that was made in the 1980's. Meloni plays the camp cook Gene. He does such a good job of making Gene unbelievably funny. This is defiantly a must see movie.
Evelina69
Posted: Nov 25 2005, 06:06 PM

Addict

Member No.: 10

I have absolutely seen the film and I laughed my ass off. That was the first time I got a taste of how absolutely hilarious Chris can be on film. And I love Jeannine Garafalo (sp?) & David Hyde Pearce... Great Cast.
MASHFanficChick
Posted: Nov 26 2005, 01:53 AM

Grammar-Nazi

Member No.: 6

Great movie. Even better if you've ever seen a camp movie, seen a movie where the timeline is insane (like Ferris Bueller's Day Off), or been to sleepaway camp (especially a mostly-Jewish one). So much humor, some of it so obvious, some of it so subtle, and nearly all of it insane. smile.gif

Abyssinia,
Barrie
Scissorknot
Posted: Nov 26 2005, 02:05 PM

Keller's Prag

Member No.: 137

Finally other people who have seen the movie. I feel so happy now. I think I have found a new home. rolleyes.gif
alanis49
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 07:05 AM

Retired

Member No.: 537

I'm resurrecting an ancient thread with a new interview by TPTB to remind us all just how awesome this film is.
http://www.avclub.com/austin/articles/joe-...vid-wain,54162/
I would LOVE Chris to do something like this again. After Keller, Gene is my favourite character that Chris has played. He was nothing short of brilliant and you could just tell how much fun he had playing him.
alanis49
Posted: May 19 2011, 11:04 AM

Retired

Folks, I'm injecting another little bit of life into this thread since Chris's cousin (allegedly) made this blog post on it! biggrin.gif
http://www.thebigbrownchair.com/2011/05/ne...-drive-van.html

He's included a few pics and vids if uou go to the blog itself.
All of these folks had done funny things already, but the majority of them would reach fame and large pay checks within only a few years. Everything about this movie is great, from David Hyde Pierce and the indoor kids, to Ken Marino and the rescue of the eagles on moose river.

First Quote: Rachel Clipperrrr... Hoffer-man.
Second Quote: Now finish up them taters; I'm gonna go fondle my sweaters

This movie is a great slapstick film that makes fun of summer camp movies. It includes every cliche you can think of and comes up with quite a bit of original comedy as well. This cast is a whose who of future comedic talent, they excel at making fun of themselves throughout the whole thing. Oh, and did I mention it's set in 1981? Yeah... it's set in 1981. These folks were all on the prowl and were still trying to make names for themselves; I can't imagine how much fun they must have had making this flick while dressed up like 1981 all day.

Our story is about your typical bunch of ragtag teenage camp counselors, who act like they hate camp so much that you have no clue why they are even there in the first place. It's the last day of camp, and everyone wants to do drugs, get loaded, have sex and break rules. Nobody cares about the kids, nobody cares about the establishment, and nobody cares about the boss.

Let's talk about the boss for just a minute though... the boss is Janeane Garofalo. Janeane, my one and only special someone (let's not be confused, she doesn't know I exist haha). Sigh. She is killer in the movie. totally funny, wicked cute, totally witty and just awkward all the time. She was the biggest name at the time attached to this movie, and it was a great casting move. The rest were all fairly similar comedians on the rise, but Garofalo has always been more on the cusp of darker humor.

At times, it makes fun of overdone montages too. There are two stellar montages that come to mind instantly in this laugh-a-minute showing of great writing and great delivery. One involves an hour in town, the other is about our geek character getting cool, a la Rocky Balboa, Apollo Creed.

THE LIST: Clutch placement

1. Of an amazing cast.

Paul Rudd, Michael Showalter, Molly Shannon, Marguerite Moreau, Michael Ian Black, Zak Orth, A.D. Miles, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Amy Poehler, Elizabeth Banks, Bradley Cooper, and that's not even all of them.

2. Of Christopher Meloni and the can of peas

So I have a cousin named Chris. He is a movie star. We are cousins in the way that I bet he has maybe heard my name six times in his whole life. In any case, I think this is his best role ever. He is a top dog on one of those Law & Order shows, but I am not going to lie, I think Law & Order is garbage, cousin or not. This is a clip that makes me die, maybe less funny out of context, but it just kills me.

3. Of great physical comedy...

Not once but TWICE, Paul Rudd seems to lose a camper while he is on lifeguard duty. Both times, he rides right into action in order to keep quiet the swimming partners of these fallen campers. Keep an eye out for a "Big Secret Pizza Party."

Another time (and maybe the best thing in this entire movie) Rudd's character throws his plate and tray all over the floor in the cafeteria, knocking over his chair as he stands up. The Director (My one and only someone special) is walking by and demands he pick it all up. His response is legendary. It's more important than the first steps on the moon, or the truth about Jimmy Hoffa. I also love the quick second right when they return from town, and the three dudes just walk straight into a wall. (end of THE LIST)

This movie gets The Big Brown Chair nod, for being way underrated. I know plenty of people who know and love it, but the masses have never heard of it, and it's a travesty. Great summer movie, and a great movie to make uptight people feel uncomfortable. Put it on for your in-laws after holiday meals when you'd like them to start heading home already.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie. It's not my favourite role of Chris's as Keller wins that by a mile but this proves that Chris is an acting genius IMO.

I have to say at least this guy is realistic, another cousin (allegedly) of Chris's slagged him off on one of Chris's fanpages on Facebook because Chris didn't know him which was just pathetic I thought.
alanis49
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 05:19 AM

Retired

This pic is just made of awesome.
http://www.joshuabudich.com/prints/im-gonn...ump-the-fridge/
I've just made it my twitter background and am so annoyed that the tweets actually cover up Gene in all his glory.
ezcharlize
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 08:54 AM

Retired

Member No.: 14

This print is really great and you know how I feel about Gene. This movie is a classic.

There was an artist years ago who posted on CMs site with her artwork and it was really great. All I can remember is Cindy B-something. When my computer crashed back in '08 I lost all of that stuff.

I wish Twitter could have a border type format for making backgrounds or maybe do a header type space for individuality
alanis49
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 04:22 PM

Retired

How awesome would it be if Chris was there?
http://www.musichallofwilliamsburg.com/event/6623
alanis49
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 03:54 PM

Retired

Exhibition of WHAS paintings etc. Originally posted by the awesome CWitch on leeloni.
http://blogs.laweekly.com/stylecouncil/201...ummer_david.php
ezcharlize
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 04:34 PM

Retired

Thanks, Alanis.....

This movie is such a classic and this artist catches it all. Great find. Every so often I pull this DVD out and watch it. It's right up there with Office Space.
alanis49
Posted: Jun 17 2011, 12:21 PM

Retired

If you want some memoribilia here are some reasonably (?) priced prints
http://nineteeneightyeight.com/index.php/s...ame&dir=asc&p=5
If you have more cash to splash here are the original paintings
http://nineteeneightyeight.com/sf/cfwhas.html
alanis49
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 12:06 PM

Retired

The best news ever!(Oops, I was so excited I forgot the link)
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/23/wet-...-summer-sequel/

I've read a few things this week taking about a sequel/prequel and listened to an hour long podcast with David Wain but THIS is exciting news.
Wet Hot American Summer actors Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, Christopher Meloni, Janeane Garofalo, and David Hyde Pierce have all told Entertainment Weekly they would appear in a sequel to the camp movie spoof. Wet Hot grossed a meager $300,000 when it was released in July 2001, but over the past decade has developed a hardcore fan base and is increasingly regarded as a comedy classic. In recent years, several members of its once largely unknown cast — which also includes Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper — have become major stars. “It’s been discussed over the last decade in various forms and incarnations,” says Rudd of a Wet Hot sequel. “I think we would all be up for doing it.”
Wet Hot director David Wain and his co-writer Michael Showalter confirmed to EW they have been seriously thinking about writing a second film set at Camp Firewood and may start work on the screenplay later this year. “I really hope it happens,” says Showalter, who stars in the original movie as the lovelorn Coop. “I’m really excited for the idea of a sequel, or a prequel, or for the first-ever movie that is both a prequel and a sequel. Although David pointed out that that’s Godfather II.”
While Wet Hot American Summer cost a mere $1.8 million, the budget for any possible sequel would be many times that if the cast’s most famous members demanded the kind of wages they are now accustomed to earning. However, Banks, Rudd, and several other Wet Hot alumni told EW they would be happy to appear in Wet Hot 2 for essentially nothing. “Look, any chance to get that group of people all together in a room I will take,” says Banks, who is currently shooting The Hunger Games. “It’s been such a blessing on my life that I got to be included in that circle of people.” Christopher Meloni was equally enthusiastic about the possibility of reuniting with his Wet Hot costars. “Oh, f— yeah, in a heartbeat” says the outgoing Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star. (Bradley Cooper, who at this point is probably the biggest star to have emerged from the Wet Hot cast, was unavailable for comment.)
To read more about Wet Hot American Summer — and to find out what Amy Poehler has to say about a possible sequel — check out the tenth anniversary retrospective feature about the movie in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly.
Now, if you’ll excuse me I have to go and fondle my sweaters… I mean, fondue the cheddar.

True to form when Chris gets excited he curses.... I'll leave you all with that thought ... wink.gif laugh.gif
ezcharlize
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 03:18 PM

Retired

This is great news and to actually have a quote from CM! Click, click, twirl, twirl....I'm dancing big time to this.

Now I'm wondering what the storyline would be ten years later.

You know I forgot Bradley Cooper was in it. I cracked up when I looked back at the movie and found him....
Sunnyt
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 06:36 PM

Retired

Member No.: 631

I think it would be awesome if they made a prequal/sequal to this movie..the original was sooo funny so I am sure this one would be just as funny. AND seeing Chris on the big screen will make my day cause I have to admit I have NEVER seen him on the big screen.
« Next Oldest | Chris Meloni Talk | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4822 seconds | Archive