The Spirit of the Rules.
All members should be treated with the same basic respect that any human being deserves. When considering respect, statistics such as post counts, staff positions or the time spent here are meaningless. Our forum Staff ARE first and foremost members; they should be seen as the board's workers, not as all powerful deities. Everyone should aim to get along with one another, avoid conflict, respect each other, and respect the boards.
The 10 Boardwide Rules.
These rules apply to ALL forums on this forum. Some forums will also have additional rules, which will always be announced in that forum. PM a mod if you are uncertain over any rules.
1. No flaming: Do not seek to insult, deride or lambast other members; even a flame that you mean as a joke will not be accepted, unless it's obvious to all the other users reading your post that it's not intended to attack or offend. If you are flamed, then contact a staff member and they will deal with it - do not retaliate. There are three classifications of flaming; unintended (where you did not even mean to insult the other user), minor (where you insult the other user on the spur of the moment without thinking) and major (where it's clear you are calmly trying to cause maximum distress to someone else).
2. No baiting: Do not treat people in a manner intended to anger or upset them. If you feel you are being baited, then first ask them to stop (NEVER react with a flame). If they continue, then contact a member of staff. A throwaway comment or a small amount of disrespect only turns into a bait when they continue after you ask them to stop. Sometimes a bait can also be a flame; if this is the case, then report it to the mod immediately rather than giving a warning not to do it. Very obvious baits also do not need warnings.
3. No Drama Whoring: You must keep harmful personal stuff OFF the boards. Do NOT seek to maliciously turn opinion within the community against another member, or seek to utterly discredit members you dislike, be it through truths or rumors.
4. No Harassment: If someone asks you to stop contacting them over private messenger, then you must abide by this request, or this is private harassment. Also, if someone asks you to leave a thread that they made, then you should do so.
5. No Flooding : Defined as either posting more than five new threads in the same forum in an one hour period without staff permission, or bumping a load of dead topics which causes the previously active threads to drop off the first page.
6. Take Account of Others Viewing the Topic : Make sure that your posts are readable. Any media used must be used keeping into consideration that not everyone has broadband access. Do not post background music or imbedded media in a thread. No music or media can be placed in signatures whatsoever. Topics with adult content media must contain a thread warning. Make sure your signatures are cut down to an acceptable size (450x450 is a good estimate).
7. No trolling or neo-trolling: Trolling means deliberately seeking to cause damage to the community. Neo-trolling is another variant of this whereby you try to cause damage without making it seem like actual trolling (ie: subtle and intelligent trolling). This can include:
1. Maliciously exploiting 'loop holes' in the rules.
2. Seeking to constantly or massively undermine staff.
3. Massively or constantly publicly attacking the forum or how it is run on sites both associated and unassociated with the forum.
4. Privately plotting to cause problems on the forum.
5. Maliciously breaking rules.
9. No hacking, or issuing hack threats: This carries an immediate server ban.
10. Respect the mods: If a mod closes a thread, or tells you to quit doing something, then please listen to them. While what they ask for may not make sense to you, it will make sense to everyone else who want what's best for the forum. If you are unhappy with a mod, then do not make a public protest thread, but PM an admin with the complaint and we will deal with it if necessary. You should have enough respect for mods and the time which they put in to be able to trust their judgment and the job that they do.
When recieving a disaplinary action, there are rules that must and always has to be followed by Moderators and Admin alike. As everyone knows there are of course six types of disaplinary actions. This here is just an outlay of how Disiplinary Actions will be carried out, this is a reference for all Members and Moderators alike just in case if one has been bestoyed upon you.
Verbal Warning: In a thread if a person grows out of hand, usually a moderator will give out a verbal warning. This is a polite way of stating for those who are out of hand to please move back within topic, to stop baiting, flamining, or anything else that may be considered to be against the rules. Everything must have a sequence order, that means that you can not get or give a Third Warning unless you have had a Warning Two, and a Warning One, only the "Four Fathers" are capable of giving a warning further then the preset cap. That means that if someone has gone against the rules, and continued on that person may face a high warning.
Warning One: If a member recieves a Warning one they will recieve a 33 percent in their warning box. Also for Moderators you must specificly place in how long the warning will last and the reason for the warning. A Warning one will only last for one week, this is just something that is considered as a cool down, to hopefully show that the moderators are serious in their decision. When a moderator has bestoyed a Warning one upon the member they must copy and paste the reasons as to why they gave the warnining in the Disiplinary Board. The Title must state Warning One to (Then you place the name of the person.) In here they must state when the warning has been issued and when will the warning will be released, again the Warning One will only last one week. This will be so then the site has records as to who has the warning, and gives us the staff time to see if the warning was just.
Warning Two: If a member continues to do wrong and continues to disobey the rules of the Site then the member will recieve a 66 percent in their warning box. Also for Moderators you must specificly place in how long the warning will last and the reason for the warning. A warning Two will last for three weeks, this stacks with the first warning, this is to show the members that the warning system is getting serious and the member must and has to cool down with the rule breaking or else the consequences may go up and rise. When a moderator has bestoyed a Warning Two upon the member they must copy and paste the reasons as to why they gave the warnining in the Disiplinary Board. The Title must state Warning Two to (Then you place the name of the person.) In here they must state when the warning has been issued and when will the warning will be released, again the Warning Two will only last three weeks stacking with First Warning. This will be so then the site has records as to who has the warning, and gives us the staff time to see if the warning was just.
Warning Three: If a member continues to do wrong and continues to disobey the rules of the Site then the member will recieve a 100 percent in their warning box. Also for Moderators you must specificly place in how long the warning will last and the reason for the warning. A warning Three will last for One Month, this stacks with the first and second warning, this is to show the members that the warning system is getting to serious and the member needs to cut their sh-it or else they may find themselves in either the Temporary or Perma Bandment. When a moderator has bestoyed a Warning Three upon the member they must copy and paste the reasons as to why they gave the warnining in the Disiplinary Board. The Title must state Warning Three to (Then you place the name of the person.) In here they must state when the warning has been issued and when will the warning will be released, again the Warning Three will only last one month stacking with First and Second Warning. This will be so then the site has records as to who has the warning, and gives us the staff time to see if the warning was just.
Temporary Ban: Unleashed by only the Admins of the site and only the admins of the site. A banment may only occur by an Admin, but this is incredibly rare. No one else can ban, and if there is a Ban there must or the Admin must state in the disiplinary board stating why they banned. This only lasts one week.
Perma Ban: This is neusense to the max to where the site is just better off without the person. Extremly rare, can only happen after constant and contstant, and constant, and...you get the picutre problems. Can only be enforced by an Admin. Oh yeah, extremly rare agPosting Rules/Guidelines:
- Registering: Please note that this site is account-per-character. That means that you register with your characters name and role-play with that character. If you want to have another character to play with, you need to make a new account.
- Character Perspective: Most sites require that you write your characters out in third person. We are one of those sites. While posting, you must maintain a third person perspective, eg: He went to, She spoke up, etc. It's not complicated, but we don't want one post in third person, and then the next in first, it really throws the readers and players off.
- No one liners!: I can't stress this point enough. As a role player, your responsibility is to ensure that the other people around you are having fun as well. We don't have a word count but it is recommended that you try to post at least a paragraph which is five full sentences. I understand writers block may set in at the most inopportune times, if that does happen make an OoC note stating why your post is short if it is under five sentences.
- Romance: You are allowed to have any sort of relationship you want on here, provided that your partner is able and willing, but please note that we do have a fade-to-black policy on here for when things begin to get really hot and steamy.
- Chaotic System is rated pg-13 to R, this means that some threads may have some violence and language, while others (like mine) will be filled with intense blood and gore, harsh language, excessive violence, etc..., please keep that in mind.
- Your avatar is going to be 125 x 200, why? Because I think it looks nice, (but if you can't find an image, thats fine too.)
- As far as avatars go, I don't want Anime, games, or drawings for the image nor anything pornographic. I want to keep this site looking as realistic as I can. However, if you insist on putting up a drawing, run it by me, the admin, first. If its detailed enough, then I might make an exception.
Or if it's of your space ship instead, that's perfectly fine too.
- I don't care about the size of your Signature, only that if it goes beyond the forums limits you are going to be asked to change it.