Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to CTMaximas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In

Google
Web forums.ctmaximas.org
ctmaximas.org

Anyone Know Where To Find 240sx'
alloutnissan
Posted: Jan 28 2010, 12:22 AM

Just Got Into the Streetracing Biz

Group: Members
Member No.: 359

Does anyone know where to find 240sx' for low price around here? It doesn't matter what condition they're in, or if they are even driveable. My friend is looking to buy one, doesn't matter the year or anything. Any ideas besides local junkyards? Maybe a website?

-Thanks
bryan163
Posted: Jan 28 2010, 11:04 PM

Has Got Pulled Over a Few Times

Member No.: 400

I've seen a few on craigslist.com.
kendal_jones101
Posted: Jan 29 2010, 09:41 PM

Member No.: 150

i have a whole parts car i found both of my 240 on craigslist
alloutnissan
Posted: Feb 2 2010, 03:24 PM

aha. craigslist. I forgot about that website. Thanks guys
alloutnissan
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 11:27 PM

I'm not sure if anyone on here knows, but, how much would a full rb25det OR rb20det cost? On jdmenginescorp.com they have a rb25det for sale that comes with the head, block, turbo, intake manifold, sensors, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body, alternator, power steering pump, engine (obviously), 5 speed RWD tranny, wiring, ignitor chip, MAF sensor, and ECU. Now I don't know much of anything about engine swaps but is this everything you need?
bryan163
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 11:36 PM

Has Got Pulled Over a Few Times

Member No.: 400

QUOTE (alloutnissan @ Feb 24 2010, 11:27 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone on here knows, but, how much would a full rb25det OR rb20det cost? On jdmenginescorp.com they have a rb25det for sale that comes with the head, block, turbo, intake manifold, sensors, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body, alternator, power steering pump, engine (obviously), 5 speed RWD tranny, wiring, ignitor chip, MAF sensor, and ECU. Now I don't know much of anything about engine swaps but is this everything you need?

sounds about as complete as your gonna get
kendal_jones101
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 08:20 PM

a full rb25det swap motor tranny ecu will be about $1800-2500 thats jdm engine depot in new jersey price
alloutnissan
Posted: Mar 6 2010, 02:46 PM

QUOTE (kendal_jones101 @ Mar 5 2010, 08:20 PM)
a full rb25det swap motor tranny ecu will be about $1800-2500 thats jdm engine depot in new jersey price

thats not bad. this is pretty much a do it yourself project huh? or if there were any shops that could do this it would be a pretty penny wouldn't it?
kendal_jones101
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 12:47 AM

you can deff do it ur self but your gonna spend a little more just preping the car for the swap your gonna need a fuel pump clutch t stat etc a friend of mine spent around $7000 for his swap like 3 years ago that was then when looking for a swap look closer pull out are spark plug or two check the condition of the motor dont just go for the cleanest one cause there a good chance there hiding something in japan anything over like 50k is considered high milage
alloutnissan
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 04:56 PM

QUOTE (kendal_jones101 @ Mar 9 2010, 12:47 AM)
you can deff do it ur self but your gonna spend a little more just preping the car for the swap your gonna need a fuel pump clutch t stat etc a friend of mine spent around $7000 for his swap like 3 years ago that was then when looking for a swap look closer pull out are spark plug or two check the condition of the motor dont just go for the cleanest one cause there a good chance there hiding something in japan anything over like 50k is considered high milage

Thanks kendal i'll let him know. he'll probably want out of that project when i tell him about the 7000$ he'll be spending haha.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Quick Log In

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1204 seconds | Archive