Magical OccupationsA list of Potterverse occupations
- a Witch or Wizard who specialises in the magic of numbers, Arithmancy (think numerology, or maths)
- Alchemy is an ancient magical that combines many different aspects of other magics and crafts, including astronomy, astrology, the physics of nature, metals, planets and their corresponding precious and semi-precious stones, amongst other Muggle branches of 'mysticism'. Becoming an Alchemist is extremely hard and takes years and years of studying an experimentation.
- An Astronomer studies the night skies, charting the alignment of the planets, moons, stars, suns and the movement of the celestial beings. They are important people in the magical world, as astronomical charts are relied upon to help with correspondence in basically every other magical field.
- the magical police force. They hunt, track and detain Witches and Wizards who use the Dark Arts as a weapon. To become an Auror, you must have high grades (aka Exceeds Expectations) at NEWT level in Charms, Potions, Defense Against The Dark Arts and Transfiguration. After leaving school, one must train for three years, undergoing tests and gruelling exercises.
- can be someone who is an expert in Potions, a Healer, a Nurse or a Mediwizard. More often than not, they are a previous Potions master/expert of some kind, but Healers are required to have excellent knowledge in the subject of Potions.
- someone who is trained in breaking curses of every kind, on objects, buildings, places and people. They are usually sent to break curses on things that have been protected.
- a witch or wizard who is an expert in the field of Charms. They can charm anything to do anything if they like and are mainly employed as professors, but can also be found in other professions.
- someone who is trained to look after dragons, or indeed keep them from escaping and hurting people. Some of them make sure others don't kill them for their hide, claws, heart-strings and anything else they can get, whilst other help with acquiring it.
- someone who is knowledgeable in the art of Divination. They are also called Seers, but most of the time they arent completely psychic.
- it basically explains itself. Though bankers are mainly Goblins, there are magical banks that employ humans too.
- the magical equivalent of a Doctor or Nurse. They use potions, spells, charms and other magic to heal the sick and wounded.
- an Auror with permission to kill. Aurors are not employed to kill but are for the ridding for dark magic.
- not everyone is so thrilled when the subject other History of Magic comes up, but others find it interesting. If it werent for these Witches and Wizards, the magical world would have no record of their history.
- the people who are cultivators of the magical garden. Their expertise is greatly appreciated and sort after, because plants are an essential ingredient in Potions.
- like a Paramedic, but magical. They fly on brooms with loud sirens and are at the scene of a medical emergency very quickly.
- employed by a ministry of magic to erase of the memory of Muggles who have witnessed magical events, or witches or wizards who have seen too much or done something bad.
- no one really knows what they do, but they work in the Department of Mysteries. Enough said. Documentation © of Lenore, member of the Rpg-Directory. The HP-Lexicon used as a small reference, some information from Harry Potter books.