zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Break These Chains! Sadly this location is no longer active! We have moved! Feel free to join us on our new host over at: http://breakthesechains.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Name:   Password:

WELCOME

There are no heroes. There are no villains. You will have to choose...to build the shackles of the government, or to prevent the chains of tyranny from ever forming. There was a time when the lines were clearly drawn, but now the chains of reality have been broken.

INFO

Open since November 25th, 2012. The setting is summer (May). We have just begun our new site plot. For characters ideas take a look in our Most Wanted List and the I Want You forum.

The idea for BTC was inspired by MCU, Marvel storyline Civil War, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Graphics by Fool. Canon Marvel characters and images are the property of Marvel. Original characters on board are the property of site players.

CHANGE OF FACE?

STAFF
CENSUS

X-men: 9
X-Students: 2
Avengers: 13
SHIELD: 8
Brotherhood of Superhumans: 5
Superhuman (unaffiliated): 14
Human (unaffiliated): 7

CHAT

RATING
RPG-D

VOTING

°ADD REPLY° °NEW TOPIC° °NEW POLL°

What do we have here?, Attn: Karl
Gothic Lolita
Posted: Aug 15 2014, 02:43 PM

1.6 || GAZ
Group Icon

Group: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Member No.: 288

Lolly was trying very hard to understand what had happened. She'd combed through her own database for hours, which considering the way she was built, should have only taken seconds. That was how much effort she was putting towards finding a solution. She researched Max's accident, or rather, the mugging he had been involved in.

The Culprit was ready arrested and waiting for his trial date. She found that he was making plans to leave SHIELD as soon as he was released from the hospital. She'd been sad to hear that. With that news, she was worried about what they'd do with her. She knew, and understood that to SHIELD she was considered property. That didn't bug her as much as it could have.

But Karl didn't see her as a thing. He saw her as a person.

She liked Karl. A lot. It took a lot of research to understand it herself. She learned and grew, but it would only be a matter of time before SHIELD didn't need her. There was no human and mutant war. No registration to uphold. No dangerous missions. What use was she.?

That's how she found herself sitting in the training room, in an observation room just watching the empty floor. She had the lab database tapped into a laptop on the table, manually going through files.

She needed an answer.

--------------------
user posted image
Karlyle Moss
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 12:05 PM

28 || BAHITI
Group Icon

Group: S.H.I.E.L.D. Admin
Member No.: 299

Karlyle was...adjusting rather quickly to this different, new 'life.' Well, okay, things weren't that different, personally, for him. He was a SHIELD agent, but he was more or less doing the same job. And SHIELD gave way better benefits than Trask ever did, holy god. He was still working with Lolita, and they were still dating, he had most of the same friends, though Addie seemed to have disappeared.. Things were strangely peachy.

Other than, you know, the fact that they had no idea how any of this happened. He'd gone to the laboratory first, a giant cup of coffee in hand, but Lolita wasn't there. It wasn't like she never left or anything, but this time of day, he sort of expected her presence. he glanced around, got settled at the lab, and then pulled his phone out to text her.

Heeeey, where you at? I got you a cup of coffee, aka life juice.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gothic Lolita
Posted: Aug 23 2014, 11:18 AM

1.6 || GAZ
Group Icon

Lolly figured sooner or later Karl would come looking for her. Out of curiosity when she got his text, she patched herself into the Labs security camera, smiling when she saw him at his desk with the coffee.

'The training facility. It's hardly used anymore. Nice and quiet. =) '

What she didn't send him was why she was there. She didn't want anyone to come to the lab to tell her she was no longer needed. If she wasn't in the lab, only Karl or Max would be able to track her down properly.

--------------------
user posted image
Karlyle Moss
Posted: Aug 28 2014, 10:23 AM

28 || BAHITI
Group Icon

The training facility...? Karl frowned, just out of confusion, as he stared down at his phone. With a mental shrug, he offered a text back;

Im gonna coome bother you~

and then tucked his phone away, grabbed his two coffees, and made his way toward the training facility. He had never actually been in any of the 'training' areas.. Ever. He knew where they were, though, and after a bit of hunting, tracked down Lolita, and poked his head in through the door.

"Morningggg.." he greeted, walking over and plopping down to sit next to her. He handed her a coffee, once she had a hand free, while taking a sip of his own.

"What are you doing down here..?" He glanced around. "Training?" He pushed his glasses up his nose with a finger, feeling slightly out of place in the area. Only SHIELD agents came here.. and androids, apparently.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gothic Lolita
Posted: Aug 30 2014, 12:13 AM

1.6 || GAZ
Group Icon

Lolly didn't answer his text when he said he was coming to bother her. She didn't know what would be appropriate. She wanted him to, so she allowed it. She closed out of what she was doing with her manual search, and leaned on the desk she had claimed for her own use.

When he came in, claimed the seat next to her, and offered her coffee, she took it with a tiny smile. With enough sugar, she found she enjoyed the flavor of coffee.

She also noticed a significant upgrade in some of her systems. Things were more up to date. Her internal structure was different. She processed foods and liquids with efficiency, and the process added minor boosts to her charge.

"Thinking. It's quiet here, and no one's been in here for a few weeks for training sessions." She sipped the coffee, pleased to find it to her preference.

--------------------
user posted image
Karlyle Moss
Posted: Sep 1 2014, 06:48 PM

28 || BAHITI
Group Icon

Karlyle smiled at her as she took the coffee, and sat in the chair beside her, spinning it around idly, once. She seemed kinda... quiet? Down? It was always hard to tell with her. Or maybe Karl was just bad with women, in general; he didn't know which it was.

Thinking. Wasn't that usually a bad thing? Not that she was thinking, of course not that, but just.. when one wanted to be alone, to think about things? It made him hesitate to say anything more, until finally curiosity and his own big mouth got the better of him.

"What about?" he asked, and took a sip of his coffee. "I mean, it's quiet in the lab too.. well. Sometimes.." Hollowpoint was in and out there, too, as well as other lab assistants.. Max.. Maybe it wasn't so quiet, after all.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gothic Lolita
Posted: Sep 2 2014, 01:02 AM

1.6 || GAZ
Group Icon

Karl was better at reading Lolly than he gave himself credit for. She was down, a little, and trying very hard to not let it show. She wasn't the best at it. Too human, almost.

When he asked what she was thinking about, she didn't answer right away. She wasn't used to having fears. Sure, she'd been afraid when Karl had been shot, she'd been afraid when Max had been shot. But now she was afraid for a selfish reason, and she wasn't sure if it was alright. She turned her head slightly to look at him, frowning.

"Do you think they'll deactivate me?"

--------------------
user posted image
Karlyle Moss
Posted: Sep 3 2014, 03:20 PM

28 || BAHITI
Group Icon

Karlyle blinked at that question of hers, and frowned. "Why would they do that?" he asked. It actually baffled him. Sure, the SHRA wasn't here, and maybe there weren't literally dangerous missions to go on at that moment.. but it wasn't like she wasn't useful. They'd need her as soon as something cropped up..

But then, what did they do in the interim? "Just because things are calm right now, doesn't mean they'll always be.. I mean, it's New York--it never stays quiet for long."

That was his opinion, anyway. But he wasn't the head honcho. If they started talking to him about shutting Lolly down, he'd be her advocate--insist she couldn't learn to be the very best at what she did if she was sitting inactive in a box somewhere. And if that didn't work? He'd...find some other way to keep her active, and steal take her elsewhere, or something.

Maybe he was too attached..

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gothic Lolita
Posted: Sep 3 2014, 03:28 PM

1.6 || GAZ
Group Icon

When he asked why, she shrugged. She didn't have a good answer for him about that. She never had a good answer, not since things seemed to change. There was no way she could make a good judgement call, and it worried her.

"There's no record of the Dark Elves in New York, Karl. There's no record of the registration. Everything I've done is gone." Now she sounded more than a little worried.

She set the coffee down suddenly and reached over to take his hand, pushing his sleeve up his arm, looking for something.

She was looking for the scar that had been left after the Dark Elf attack, where she'd stitched him up.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

°TOPIC OPTION° °ADD REPLY° °NEW TOPIC° °NEW POLL°

Layout coded by Zan @ CCR, CAUTION!, and ATF.
Sidebar by Dana.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0630 seconds · Archive