This skin was created by Lightz of the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to British Boxer Dogs. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Northern Rose Boxer Rescue News
Welcome to Northern Rose Boxer Rescue chat forum.
Why not take a look around, we have fun and games, photos of members gorgeous boxers as well as details of all dogs currently looking for homes at NRBR . . . .

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Not Eating breakfast
AmyBond
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 07:27 AM

Baby Boxer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,896

Hey,

Lexi seems to have gone off her breakfast, even after adding a little puppy meat. She's only 13 weeks, so I want to encourage her to keep eating this. Any ideas?

Thanks
AmyBond
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 07:24 PM

Baby Boxer

Hey,

We have had to encourage Lex with all her meals today.
She's totally left her 3rd meal. Her poos are normal & she is fine in herself. We're feeding her amount as on packaging! I'm concered cos she's only a baby. Should I be?
GAIL - NRBR ADMIN
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 07:26 PM

SITE OWNER
Group Icon

Group: Admin - Root
Member No.: 1

Is she drinking ok ?

Puppys are like that, my puppy Ella has been the same today LOL:::

Have you been giving her treats ?
Kimmie NRBR
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 07:28 PM

NRBR CASES: 11
Group Icon

Group: Admin - Root
Member No.: 4

It may just be that she's not hungry and not needing a 3rd meal anymore. Amounts on packaging are generally a rough guide and can differ for each dog, you will learn to gauge what is a good amount for her yourself as time goes on.

Keep an eye on her, as long as she keeps drinking and is normal in herself I'd not be too worried, she will eat when she gets hungry ''flowers''
AmyBond
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 07:54 PM

Baby Boxer

She is drinking fine. She's had more treats as we are training on her recall. She's just ate a bit of her food so I'm not as worried. I was also off work last week, so her routine was interrupted. Normally, I'm out in day & husband is out at night. I'm hoping been back in her normal routine helps gets her back on track.

I'm like a fart, I worry about her too much.

On a plus side, she was great off lead today. Walked at my side all way round field. :)

Thanks again x Flowerssssssss<<<
dodge
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 12:50 AM

TOP NOTCH BOXER

Member No.: 1,087

Laugh<,< I was the same,I was soooo worried to death,as he never really wanted breakfast,from the start! I ve done loads of training with treats though,never even given it another thought about how much the impact it would have on his food intake . . .mixed in loads of yummy things to make him eat and created a rather fussy eater,took me a while and lots of "cute eye avoidance" to get him to eat normally Laugh<,< never underestimate the power of treats LOL::: magic for training,a killer for their appetite Laugh<,<
AmyBond
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 04:25 PM

Baby Boxer

She wouldn't touch her breakfast again, but she ate all her dinner. She is not a morning dog at all, she does not come round till after 10am. LOL:::
mrsbrf
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 07:40 AM

BUM WIGGLER

Member No.: 562

Sadie's not a breakfast pup either, she will eat it at lunchtime when I come home for dinner ''flowers''
GeeGee
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 09:00 PM

NRBR CASES: 5

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,930

In the wild, dogs fast naturally, once a week is not unusual.
It's us humans that think they need to eat at certain times.
I raw feed mine and Poppy used to fast once a week religiously. Upset me for a bit, but if they are ok, they are ok. If they are hungry they will eat.
She never fasts now with Lennox in the loop :( eating is competition.
But when they've had enough I guess they know.
GG
Fred&Mya'smum
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:28 AM

NRBR CASES: 1

Member No.: 40

Fred has never been that fussed with his brekkie even when he was a pup (he's 5 now) so I give him a quarter of a portion for brekkie and he has a huge tea Laugh<,< He's starving by tea time though and if you are a few mins late he comes and nudges you twice with his head in case I've forgotten Laugh<,< Love hearts>?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0648 seconds · Archive
ADMINISTRATORS -|- NRBR MODERATING TEAM -|- BOXER RESCUE -|- NRBR FOSTERERS -|- members -|-