Thorne, Daniel SmithThe Write Upbasic informationNAME:
* Daniel ThorneNICKNAMES:
* February 12NATIONALITY:
* Straight...until he isn't.AFFILIATION:
* Underground boxerOCCUPATION:
* Private InvestigatorHOUSING:
* Gomorrah House (also doubles as his office)EMPLOYER:
* Self EmployedSKILLS:
* Getting into places he shouldn't be
* Talking his way out of trouble
* Being an asshole
* Self defense
* Bare knuckle boxing
Mug ShotsHAIR STYLE/COLOR:
* Black and usually cropped short. Tends to not do much more then run his fingers through it and on occasion a brush.EYE COLOR/APPEARANCE:
* Baby blue eyes. HEIGHT/WEIGHT/BUILD:
* He stands at 6'2 and weighs in at about 210 pounds.DISTINGUISHING MARKS:
* Several scars. His nose...his nose is a distinguishing mark.CLOTHING STYLE:
* Depends really. But usually rumpled dress shirts, ties...second hand suits.PLAY BY:
* David Gandy
* The mafia, both the Italian and Russian side
* A better office/Living space
* A steady lover would be nice tooSECRETS:
* For the right amount of money he'll play kidnapper and extortioner and any number of nasty things.
* Underground/Illegal bare knuckle boxerLIKES:
* Night time
* Cloudy/Foggy weather
* Early mornings
* Being tied down to one side
* People with sticks up their asses
* Messy crime scenes
* Crying women and childrenOVERALL PERSONALITY:
Daniel is a Private Investigator and like any good PI loves to snoop around, stick his nose into things that were never meant to be his business and ask questions he’s not meant too. Tends to get into a fair bit of trouble over it but on a whole he's a pretty smooth talker when he's not drunk and most importantly, a great liar.
He’s a suspicious bastard as well. It's what's kept him alive for so long...in such a shady world he lives in now. His morals are skewed and he likes them that way. Whatever gets money in his pocket and food on his desk and keeps the hot water running then...he's all too happy to do it.
Despite his rather seemingly unapproachable exterior it is all just a matter of getting to know him. If you're around him enough chances are he's likely to enjoy your company. As long as you are not utterly moronic or ignorant he's alright with you.
* Sybil and Ted ThorneSIBLINGS:
* Wallis ThorneSIGNIFICANT OTHER:
* Ginger tabby called Fatty McGinge.OVERALL HISTORY:
Daniel got into the Private Eye purely by accidents. An old friend of his had a small firm and Dan was in need of a steady job and he started out small. Divorce cases, cheating lovers but slowly moved up as he gained Robert's trust. He was brought into the darker and shadier folds of the job...the bribes, spying...the mafia connections.
Needless to say it was a dangerous job. Daniel found out this first hand when Robert showed up dead in the office/apartment he now occupies. Two bullets...one through the head and the other in the heart. Execution and the files they'd been working on has gone missing.
Daniel mourned for a full five days before getting back on the job after a rather expensive drinking binge. He was kicked out of his favourite speakeasy and told not to return until he'd sobered up and learned to pay his tabs. Taking over the small firm was easy, Roberts perhaps anticipating as much left a will and Daniel inherited it all...a fairly successful firm was soon on the edge of bankruptcy under Thorne.
Yes, he'd done shady jobs in the past, it was what led to Robert's untimely death after all but suddenly it was no longer merely accepting bribes and spying. He'd become desperate and took to kidnapping and extorting and playing muscle to get debts that were owed. His bare knuckle boxing also attracted attention and now...he isn't above throwing a fight if the price is right.
Daniel Thorne is now the PI everyone goes to when they are as desperate as he is.
Known AccomplicesYOUR NAME:
out of character
FemaleHOW DID YOU FIND US?:
"...incredible, James. You've made your teacher a very proud woman." She forgot for a moment why they'd done it. It was to make other's jealous but she didn't care then. It'd been fun and she'd do it again for her own pleasure. Why shouldn't they after all? They were both going through...a lot. It was the plans to betray Shadstein, it was their failing love lives that couldn't seem to get off the ground...why shouldn't they indulge and together in something they were both good at and enjoyed?
application template made my SQUEE! of RPG-D