Skin created by Hiya! of the IF Skin Zone.net

Border Collie World | Today's Active Topics

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Border Collie World. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )  New Topic New Poll

Are there any breeds you would never own?
Nikki
Posted: Mar 23 2010, 05:41 PM

Graduate

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

I have owned & work my border collies in agility for the past 20 years but 3 years ago I lost my best friend Joe & didn't now if I could have another collie after losing him so I got myself a Shetland sheepdog, Star. Know I have 3 sheltie and think they are a fab breed. I don't know if I will get another bc when Fly goes.
Left to right: Ava, Cassie, Star & Fly.
(Posted Image)

Steeleye Span
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 12:51 PM

Intermediate

Member No.: 12

Nothing personal but I wouldn't want to own anything Bully, Toy, Giant or Terrier. I love my BCs and I also have a very soft spot for GSDs...

...closely followed by Retrievers and Spaniels (especially Welshies). I'm also very interested in the Dutch Kooikerhondje (if I can ever work out how to pronounce it!)
BC Lover
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 12:31 PM

Starters

Member No.: 1,828

There are no breeds that I wouldn't own. As long as they got along with Beauregard, any breed would be fine.
Collieluvver
Posted: Aug 30 2011, 03:14 PM

Senior

Member No.: 1,342

Not a big fan of the Toy Breeds to be honest.... I know they are loved by their owners, which is fab...but at 6'2"...I just think I'd look stupid with a Toy Poodle
Tenaj
Posted: Aug 30 2011, 03:35 PM

Senior

Member No.: 1,391

I would probably either get another Aussie or another BC/WS. We love Harriet so much I expect our next dog will be a collie! But I expect we will always want both.

Woudn't have a spaniel or terrier or retriever or toy or anyhting overly small yappy oily or fluffy.
oldshep
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 08:53 AM

Senior

Member No.: 1,426

Border Collies will always be first. I might have an Australian as I rather like them. If my ambition to buy a small farm ever comes off then I would probably have a terrier and either a "long dog" or an Irish Wolfhound just to mooch around. No interest whatsoever in Toy or Bull breeds. However, there are very few breeds that I really dislike and only one intensely so. Whilst I enjoy seeing and watching the very many different breeds it is always the BC for me.

*sheep(
Max and pack
Posted: Sep 8 2012, 11:14 PM

In training

Member No.: 1,957

What a brill question! Really interesting too, the 'what breed would you have' topic came up on out terrier forum recently and the answers were really different!

I have three terriers and love them to bits. But I can definately see why a lot of you wouldn't have them and I would certainly not recommend them to most people! I wouldn't have a non-working type terrier like a westie or yorkie, just don't see the point of them.

Wouldn't have a toy breed, especially the teeny weeny ones you see, more rodent than dog.

Wouldn't have a bull breed. My Billy is 1/4 staffy (rest JRT) and that's as much as I will have. It's the giant heads/jaws that scare me, even though most I've met have been lovely.

I really don't like rough collies. Only ever been bitten by a dog twice and it was a RC both times! I think they have a mean look to their faces.

Wouldn't have a retriever. Grew up with them. Just not interested in having one again.

Have a soft spot for lurchers, whippets, saluki's etc. And Vislas, weimeranas and GSH pointers.

Here is the shocker....I always said I would never have a border collie! There were sheepdogs on the farm I grew up on that I didn't have much to do with, my nan had a gorgeous BC girl I grew up with and I have met many through agility, and always thought they were beautiful dogs but 'not the dog for me'. My husband wanted a collie for agility, Max is here and I take it back! He's brill! Still wouldn't be without the terriers but there's still time for Max to convince me I'm a collie girl :)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]   New Topic New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1291 seconds | Archive