zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Bloody Jack Boards. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

FAQs, Frequently Asked Questions - Please Read
Jackaroe
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 11:40 AM
Image hosting by Photobucket

This is the end, isn't it?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)

Since many new members have voiced similar questions in the past, these FAQs will hopefully help any new or future members.

Q: What is the Bloody Jack Boards?
A: The Bloody Jack Boards is a fan forum dedicated to the Bloody Jack Adventure Series by author, L.A. Meyer. In this forum, you can discuss the books and future installments with other members, talk about the book characters, join Role Playing Games, submit Bloody Jack related fanfiction and a lot more. This board is also for nonprofit and was created solely out of admiration for the books.

Q: Does L.A. Meyer come online and post on the boards?
A: Yes, he does. Or rather, Jacky Faber herself comes and drops in once in a while to answer our questions. The best way to contact him however, is through his E-mail, which you can access at the Official Jacky Faber Website. (HERE)

Q: How do I register?
A:
I urge all new members to register only AFTER they have read the Rules and the FAQ. It's best to get interested visitors acquainted with how the board runs before they actually join.

To read the Rules, click HERE.

Q: Who runs the boards?
A:
I, the Administrator, and a selected group of Moderators run the boards. Together, we make up the Moderating Staff and we basically keep the board clean and clear of trouble. We're also here to provide any help to any members.

A list of the Moderating Staff can be found HERE.

Q: How can I contact the Staff?
A:
If for any reason you need to contact one of the Staff members, send them a PM message.

Q: What is PM (Private Messaging)? And how do I use it?
A:
Private Messaging is a form of communication within the forums. To make a bad comparison, it's like E-mail except ONLY within the forums. Here are some steps to access it:

1) Click on 'My Controls.' The link should be located in the upper right hand corner of the boards after you log in.
2) To your left should be a list of links and controls. Click on 'Compose New message.'
3) Enter the username of the member you want to PM in the "Enter the members name here" box.
4) Insert your Message Title in it's self-named box.
5) Compose your message.
6) If you want to save a copy of your message, check the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" box.
7) If you want to check whether or not your message was read, make sure to check the "Track this Message" box.
8) Send your message. :)

Q: I need help. Where can I ask my question(s)?
A:
If you are having any difficulties around the board, post your questions in the "Questions and Suggestions" Forum. A moderator or other member will be sure to help you out.

Q: Why am I still a Landlubber?
A:
"Landlubber" is your current Member Title. In short, it is your rank. The more posts you make, the higher your rank will be. Here is a list of the ranks and how many posts you need to reach them:

Landlubber: 0-19 posts
Able Seaman: 20-49 posts
Midshipman: 50-99 posts
Lieutenant: 100-299 posts
Master & Commander: 300- 599 posts
Captain: 600-999 posts
Commodore: 1000-1299
Rear Admiral of the Blue: 1300-1599 posts
Rear Admiral of the White: 1600-1899 posts
Rear Admiral of the Red: 1900-2199 posts
Vice Admiral of the Blue: 2200-2499 posts
Vice Admiral of the White: 2500-2799 posts
Vice Admiral of the Red: 2800-3099 posts
Admiral of the Blue: 3100-3399 posts
Admiral of the White: 3400-3699 posts
Admiral of the Red: 3700-3999 posts
Admiral of the Fleet: 4000 + posts

This list is prone to change. So always check back for updates.

Q: What are Avatars and how can I get one?
A:
Avatars are the pictures or icons under a person's username. Here are some instructions on how to upload your own Avatar:

1) Make sure the image you want to use for your Avatar is saved on YOUR computer. To save a picture from another website, right-click on the picture and then select 'Save As.'

2) Visit an image hosting site such as Photobucket or Imageshack and follow the directions necessary to make an account there. If you already have an image hosting place, upload your Avatar image to your image hosting site.

3) When you log into the Bloody Jack Boards, click on the link that says, 'My Controls.' Then go to 'Edit Avatar Settings'

4) Under 'Your Image Avatars' insert the URL of your avatar from your Image Hosting site.

5) And voila, you should have an avatar!

**For some Bloody Jack Avatars, click HERE**

Q: How do I edit my Profile Info?
A:
To change your info, just click on 'My Controls' and then click on 'Edit Profile Info.'

Q: What is Spam?
A:
Spam covers a lot of minor board violations. Some of these include double posting, posting short, pointless replies, making two topics with the same idea, etc. Most of these are discouraged if you have read the Rules. However, if you do accidentally double post, just PM one of the moderators, explain what happened, and we'll take care of it.

If you have any more questions, make sure to post them in the Questions and Suggestions forum!

I hope you all found this helpful.

Cheers,
Jackaroe, Administrator
Texas jack
Posted: Feb 1 2010, 09:45 PM

Able Seaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,358

WOW! Thanks Jackaroe! I really appreciate it. I love my new avatar picture. thats all for now.
midnightsstar9212
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 08:00 PM

Unregistered

How do I make a 'post'?
Lieutenant Tweepark
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 08:17 PM

Admiral of the Red
Group Icon

Group: Admins
Member No.: 6

You just made one. That is exactly how you make a post.
Clodhopper
Posted: May 25 2011, 06:51 PM

If your ready, I'm not

Member No.: 1,478

first post in about a year

Just noticed that Posts from the Emerald dont count toward your total posts, which seems a bit odd.
Prophet
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 11:10 PM

Able Seaman

Member No.: 1,779

Some other forums do that because those places have overly quick posting rates.. and most of them come out as spam..

Just saying.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

AFFILIATES
Skin created by Tariq. of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2992 seconds | Archive