FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Since many new members have voiced similar questions in the past, these FAQs will hopefully help any new or future members. Q: What is the Bloody Jack Boards?A:
The Bloody Jack Boards is a fan forum dedicated to the Bloody Jack Adventure Series by author, L.A. Meyer. In this forum, you can discuss the books and future installments with other members, talk about the book characters, join Role Playing Games, submit Bloody Jack related fanfiction and a lot more. This board is also for nonprofit and was created solely out of admiration for the books. Q: Does L.A. Meyer come online and post on the boards?A:
Yes, he does. Or rather, Jacky Faber herself comes and drops in once in a while to answer our questions. The best way to contact him however, is through his E-mail, which you can access at the Official Jacky Faber Website. (HERE
)Q: How do I register?
I urge all new members to register only AFTER they have read the Rules and the FAQ. It's best to get interested visitors acquainted with how the board runs before they actually join.
To read the Rules, click HERE
. Q: Who runs the boards?
I, the Administrator, and a selected group of Moderators run the boards. Together, we make up the Moderating Staff and we basically keep the board clean and clear of trouble. We're also here to provide any help to any members.
A list of the Moderating Staff can be found HERE
.Q: How can I contact the Staff?
If for any reason you need to contact one of the Staff members, send them a PM message. Q: What is PM (Private Messaging)? And how do I use it?
Private Messaging is a form of communication within the forums. To make a bad comparison, it's like E-mail except ONLY within the forums. Here are some steps to access it:
1) Click on 'My Controls.' The link should be located in the upper right hand corner of the boards after you log in.
2) To your left should be a list of links and controls. Click on 'Compose New message.'
3) Enter the username of the member you want to PM in the "Enter the members name here" box.
4) Insert your Message Title in it's self-named box.
5) Compose your message.
6) If you want to save a copy of your message, check the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" box.
7) If you want to check whether or not your message was read, make sure to check the "Track this Message" box.
8) Send your message. :) Q: I need help. Where can I ask my question(s)?
If you are having any difficulties around the board, post your questions in the "Questions and Suggestions
" Forum. A moderator or other member will be sure to help you out. Q: Why am I still a Landlubber?
"Landlubber" is your current Member Title. In short, it is your rank. The more posts you make, the higher your rank will be. Here is a list of the ranks and how many posts you need to reach them: Landlubber:
0-19 postsAble Seaman:
100-299 postsMaster & Commander:
300- 599 postsCaptain:
1000-1299Rear Admiral of the Blue:
1300-1599 postsRear Admiral of the White:
1600-1899 postsRear Admiral of the Red:
1900-2199 postsVice Admiral of the Blue:
2200-2499 postsVice Admiral of the White:
2500-2799 posts Vice Admiral of the Red:
2800-3099 postsAdmiral of the Blue:
3100-3399 postsAdmiral of the White:
3400-3699 postsAdmiral of the Red:
3700-3999 postsAdmiral of the Fleet:
4000 + posts
This list is prone to change. So always check back for updates. Q: What are Avatars and how can I get one?
Avatars are the pictures or icons under a person's username. Here are some instructions on how to upload your own Avatar:
1) Make sure the image you want to use for your Avatar is saved on YOUR computer. To save a picture from another website, right-click on the picture and then select 'Save As.'
2) Visit an image hosting site such as Photobucket
and follow the directions necessary to make an account there. If you already have an image hosting place, upload your Avatar image to your image hosting site.
3) When you log into the Bloody Jack Boards, click on the link that says, 'My Controls.' Then go to 'Edit Avatar Settings'
4) Under 'Your Image Avatars' insert the URL of your avatar from your Image Hosting site.
5) And voila, you should have an avatar!**For some Bloody Jack Avatars, click HERE**Q: How do I edit my Profile Info?
To change your info, just click on 'My Controls' and then click on 'Edit Profile Info.' Q: What is Spam?
Spam covers a lot of minor board violations. Some of these include double posting, posting short, pointless replies, making two topics with the same idea, etc. Most of these are discouraged if you have read the Rules. However, if you do accidentally double post, just PM one of the moderators, explain what happened, and we'll take care of it.
If you have any more questions, make sure to post them in the Questions and Suggestions
I hope you all found this helpful.