Welcome

Welcome, Traveler, to Mythopoeia. You've entered a land of Myth and Legend. A place of magic, where heroes live. Every story you've heard, every tale you've been told: They're true. And this is the land in which they live. This is a land of both danger and enchantment. Are you ready to prove yourself a hero? Are you ready to make your myth?

UPDATES
our latest news

We're open! Welcome guesties! Have a look around and see if you think we'd be a good roleplay for you. Check back here every so offten for news and announcements. :)

CHATBOX
take a load off

STAFF
we've got this

Eirlys
The Scribe
Taliesin
Gwyn
Lise
Mererid

Morgan
Eilian
Merlin

AFFILIATES
friends on the net

RPG-DPhotobucket

Our code!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mythopoeia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Erlking
Gwyn
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Gwyn

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
user posted image

Now listen, friends, as I speak to you of The Erlking,
though everyone who knows him calls him Gwyn.
he is a Trooping Fae and his age is Unknown and Unimportant.
Some people have said he looks a lot like Craig Parker.

It's dark, you're wandering alone in the middle of the forest. You have no clue where you are, but with each step you take your stomach ties itself up into even worse knots. You are hopelessly lost and you know it.

Suddenly, you stop. You hear a voice call down to you from somewhere in the tree tops. "Well, look what we have here! Isn't this a surprise? More for yourself than me of course. People seem to have a habit of wandering over here. I wonder why?"

You look up to see who it is that's speaking to you, but you find no one. You turn your eyes back toward the path. You're going crazy! wonderful

"Wait a moment!" The voice speaks again. You hear a sound like the flapping of wings and see a flash of movement out of the corner of your eyes. "You're not just leaving, are you? With neither a word nor whisper? Shall I give you some advice? You don't want to do that, especially around here. Someone might get...offended."

You turn and see an man standing in front of you. There is something...odd about his appearance, though you can't exactly put your finger on it. After a while, you realize your staring, and look away, hoping he didn't realize this. The man just smirks.

"You've heard the stories about what happens to those who lurk out here, haven't you?" He asks. "I imagine you have. They become play things for the Fair Folk. They become entranced by Elven woman and are forced to dance until they die. They become pixie-led and are forced to wander these woods for all eternity. They get caught up by the Wild Hunt and become easy prey! They attract the attention of the Erlking and..." He trails off and shrugs. as he spoke, his words were full of nothing but sheer sadistic glee.

"Of course," He says, his voice taking on a much more serious tone, "There are some who don't listen to the old stories. Who don't believe in the Fair folk, or worse yet, think they can out-wit them. Perhaps they can, but I rather think it a foolish endeavor to even risk it. Your not one of those people, are you?"

You shake your head. Perhaps it would be best to humor this strange man...

He nodded. "Of course you're not." It's silent for a bit. He gives you a good long look. Appraising, sort of, like how a jeweler looks at a diamond, or a blacksmith a finely crafted sword.

You shift in your spot. Finally your forced to ask what, exactly, it is he's looking at.

"Oh, nothing." He says with a wave of his hand. "Whatever I'm looking for you seem to lack."

You barely bite back an angry retort. It's only the fact that the man's still talking that keeps you silent.

"It's unfortunate too. You seem like you could be such an amusing creature. Such a lovely toy."

You scowl at the man and are ready to turn and go, but find something is keeping you in your spot. Keeping you from moving.

"I know I have to let you go eventually." the man says, seeing you struggle, "You are not one of the ones that I'm allowed to keep." He turns, suddenly transforming into a raven and flying into one of the branches of the surrounding trees before becoming a man again. "But since I am letting you go the least you could do is listen to me, isn't it?"

You scowl, but can do nothing more.

"Now, stay on the lighted path and listen to no voices that tempt you away from it." He waves his hand and the path beneath your feet begins glowing slightly. "Talk to no strangers, and if you hear the braying of hounds or the sound of hooves make yourself as invisable as possible." He nods, and with a snap of his fingers sets you free.

"That's it?" You ask "You're letting me go?"

The man shrugs, "For now." is all he says.

this bamf character is played by Eirlys,
who is a girl and lives around eastern
timezone.

template was made by KATIE OF MONTE CRISTO @ Caution && RPG-D,
so please, don't steal, kay? <3
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0774 seconds | Archive

Requiem skin & sidebar by Saphira of RPG-D & CAUTION 2.0.