InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Black Thorn Academy. We hope you enjoy your visit. Please make sure you read the BTA Handbook/Beginner's Guide before you register.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome

Black Thorn Academy

Riverstone, a small town in Western Europe, was once a ghost town.

Until a young lady with a dream, breathed life into this place. Where there was once ruin now stood buildings. Where there was no one, now stood a bustling city.

However, with the good comes the bad. And even though metakind once again has its sanctuary, there are outside forces that wish to destroy us.

Some students will rise up to defend against the threats, while others will form their own rebellious plans.

Will you be a hero? Or a villain?
Links
Chat
Admins
Leani
Leani
Site Creator

CLM
Scythe
Second-in-Command/Evil Plotting

Backup Admins
Lite
Characters
Fluffy
Skin & graphics
Kay
Crazy Plotting

Season

The air is cold and snow is constantly falling from the gray sky. The temperatures usually stay between the low twenties to high teens during the day. In the evening, temperatures are almost always in the negatives.
Spotlights
New Character Spotlight
The best new character from the last month.

TBA
Played by TBA

Character of the Month

TBA
Played by TBA

Couple Spotlight

TBA
Played by TBA

Member Spotlight

TBA

Writer's Award

TBA
Quotes
.::[Random Quote]::.
Advertise Us

Credits
skin: Emilita of RPG-D
color reference: Colour Lovers
Site concept © Leani
Header © Lite
BTA advertising button © Jane Potter.
All characters and plots are copyright to their authors and creators. Steal anything and you'll have a raging mob chasing you.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

New Future [Erick]
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 03:13 PM

Head of the Welcoming Committee

Group: House of Poseidon
Member No.: 39

Evelyn hummed to herself as she unlocked the door. She had been surprised when her father had told her the property he had purchased on Main Street had been for her...and Erick. The fact that he wanted to make sure they had a future made her insides feel warm and happy. She couldn't believe what a difference a couple of months had made. This time last year, she and Erick were huddled together for warmth in their apartment, talking about what they would do if they had money.

Their electricity had been shut off and their heat...but Erick had never let it get him down. Who would have known that a year later the two would not only be together, but engaged and free of money problems. She smiled, knowing she was incredibly lucky.

As she entered the shop, she looked around. There wasn't much as the building itself was in poor repair and needed to be redone. Her father had already hired some construction workers and contractors to start fixing the place up a bit. She and Erick had to just figure out exactly what kind of shop they wanted. She brought her sketch pad so they could work on designs. Slowly, she examined the building with a smile. Thinking of what they could do.

She adjusted the beautiful engagement ring on her finger, looking down every now and then as if forgot it was there. Sometimes she did. She still couldn't believe that she was going to be marrying Erick Gilbert.
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 05:59 AM

Member No.: 608

Erick had been extremely surprised when Jonathan had handed Eve a set of keys to a building that could be renovated and turned into whatever kind of business she wanted. He could have fainted when Jonathan pulled out a second set of keys and gave them to Erick. It seemed completely crazy to be giving Erick half of the ownership of an actual business; he was sure that he’d somehow mess everything up. That was what he did with almost everything he did, because taking things seriously wasn’t exactly his strong point. The building would be burned down in a matter of day, he assumed.

But he could try his best. Erick parked outside the building that he now owned. It was still weird for him to think like that; Erick now owned a building that would turn into a business. There was a lot of work needed to get everything up and running, and he was going to try and make the posters for advertising while he’d let Eve sort out the legal issues. After all, her father was a tycoon and she must have some business knowledge running in those veins. He knew that with Evelyn, it should be okay.

Strolling through the door, Erick raised an eyebrow. The place looked like a bomb had hit it. Wondering what the building could have possibly been, he walked over to his girlfriend. Fiancée. He would never get used to saying that, either. He saw her toying with the engagement ring he’d given her, and he smiled warmly. His life was really starting now. Everything was falling into place. The only thing that worried him was, once they were married, ran a business and had a house of their own, what would come next? Kids. Erick had never thought of becoming a father before.

Pushing the future prospects to the back of his mind, Erick wrapped his arms around his girlfriend’s waist and kissed her cheek. He turned her around to face him and kissed her mouth softly. “Hey.” He said quietly against her lips.
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 06:12 AM

Arms circled her waist and she smiled as she felt Erick's familiar embrace. It made her relax. Again, she couldn't believe she was marrying him. They were going to be together and have a house, and business. Once that happened, they would still be in school, but Evelyn really didn't know what would be next. She supposed eventually they would talk about having kids. But that wouldn't be for awhile. Evelyn wasn't even sure she wanted kids, but it was something to think about.

"Hey, you," she said, kissing Erick back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held the kiss for a little while. It was so hard to have alone time lately. "Isn't this exciting? Can you believe this is actually happening?"

Never in a million years would she have thought this would be their future. She kissed Erick again.

^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 06:25 AM

Erick smiled and kept the kiss going a little longer. He missed Eve whenever she wasn’t there, and recently that was far too often than either of them liked. Classes and friends kept them from being able to be alone as much as they could be. That wasn’t too large a problem; because once they could finally be alone they made up for lost time. Erick grinned, pulling back from the kissed and looking into Eve’s face. He was looking into the eyes of the girl that he would be spending the rest of his life with, and he had no second thoughts. This was exactly what he wanted.

“No, it’s all so crazy. Like a dream.” He grinned, still holding Eve around her waist, pulling her closer. He always felt the need to feel her against his body, “Feels like a week ago we were in New York… friends. Now look at us.” He looked down at the engagement ring around Eve’s finger and smiled. He was getting excited about the wedding that was to come in the future. Once Eve turned eighteen, things would really start to happen. He was eagerly awaiting that day. He smiled and kissed his fiancée again.
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 06:34 AM

Evelyn grinned and pulled away she could lead him around the shop. Her hand was holding his tightly, as if she never wanted to let it go. Who knew his hand would feel so right in hers?

"So, we need to think about what kind of shop we want. I was thinking something food related. But not a restaurant, since we have a couple of those. Something fun and exciting. Some place where our friends can come and hang out whenever they want..."

She of course still had no idea what the place should be. She knew she would be doing the majority of the business and legal work; she didn't trust Erick with such things. It's not that he wasn't trustworthy; it was mainly that he wouldn't be able to focus long enough to get those things done.

"Also, a place that can last for our...for a long time."
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 07:32 AM

Erick smiled; food sounded great. He was always hungry and had a large appetite, the problem was he would probably never serve people and just eat all of the merchandise, especially if it was something that tasted really good. He allowed himself to be led through the building, and he was trying to imagine how the place would look in any kind of way. At first he imagined a take-out place for pizzas, burgers and the likes, but that wasn’t really a hangout zone. He looked around and then it hit him.

“Ice cream.” He said in a quiet voice. Instantly the images came into his head; a large counter with every flavour of soft, cold ice cream imaginable, and seats and tables in a certain area. There would be music playing quietly in overhead speakers. They could sell coffee too, and there could be a chill out area. He beamed, feeling immensely inspired. Red. He liked red for a themed colour. He turned to Eve and grinned again. “Something to do with ice cream… And coffee… And hey, this place is so big we could bring in another kind of food people love… Treats…”
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 07:58 AM

Ice cream?

She could see that. She could see a menu with the different flavors and a coffee and espresso machine. She looked around and could see the hang out area and a ice cream counter.

"Yes...yes, ice cream! And coffee! Oh my god and smoothies! We can have a smoothie and ice parlor! Treats? Baked goods! I can bake cupcakes and muffins and cookies to sell! What do you think? Do you think people would by my baked goods?"

Evelyn opened her sketchbook and pulled a pencil out of her pocket. She began walking around and sketching ideas for the sitting area and the counter. She was so excited she was Erick Babbling again. When she was done with the sketches, she showed Erick.

"What do you think? Something like this?"
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:18 AM

Erick smiled and watched Evelyn walking around excited, sketching everywhere she went. It made him feel warm inside to watch her; she only got this way when something truly amazing was going to happen, and he figured that this would be the start of a whole new era for him and Eve. They were going into business together, and that was another giant leap.

Taking the sketchpad from Evelyn, Erick looked though her drawings, nodding and smiling. It was as if they both had the same minds, because when he looked into the pictures it was as if he was looking straight into his own imagination. “This is… Amazing, Evie. Seriously.” He beamed, and handed back her sketchpad and nodded, “It looks seriously amazing, I can’t wait until we can open it.”

Pulling Eve into a tight hug, Erick felt as if his life was really starting to get even brighter. He felt happier than ever.
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:33 AM

Evelyn grinned and kissed him, before she wandered over to a bag she had brought with her. She had thought maybe her and Erick could have lunch in their new ice cream parlor. She opened the bag and pulled out a blanket and a bag of takeout from the pizzeria.

"Lunch?" She asked with a grin. Erick helped her spread out the blanket and the two sat down and unpacked the lunch Evelyn brought. She poured some lemonade into plastic cups from the thermos she brought. Holding her cup up to toast Erick, she cleared her throat. "To...us. And, new beginnings...and starting our lives!"

It was a cheesy toast, but it was how she felt. There was no where she'd rather be than sitting on a blanket, in the middle of the new business she and Erick were responsible for. She was also happy to have some alone time with Erick.

"Finally we're alone!"
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:46 AM

Laughing, Erick sat down on the picnic blanket and inhaled the scent of the amazing pizza from the pizzeria. He grinned and took his cup of lemonade and held it high while Eve spoke. Smiling, he nodded, and then took a gulp from the sparkling soft drink. Then he grabbed a slice of pizza from the cardboard box and dug in. He hadn’t realised how hungry he was, but after the talk of ice cream and baked goods, he had made himself starving. The pizza tasted even better in that ravenous state, and he ate two whole pieces before looking back to Eve.

“Finally.” he repeated, “We need to find some way of spending more time together, alone. If we could just go live at the resort forever, not bother with anything or anyone else, it would be amazing. But life is life, I suppose.” He rolled his eyes and took another piece of pizza and ate it quickly.
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:57 AM

Evelyn grabbed a slice of pizza herself and moaned slightly. She really did love food; especially pizza. She chuckled when Erick said they needed to find a way spend time together and to go live in the resort forever. It was a very tempting idea. But then she thought of something better.

"You know, once we get married, we'll have a house that's all to ourselves. And once we're done with school for the day, we can go home, together..."

She grinned. It was a great thought. Coming to a home that was just her's and Erick's. Not having to worry about anyone popping in or interrupting...or having to keep the door locked. Her thoughts began to drift and she suddenly realized it had been quite awhile since her and Erick had been...intimate. She shook her head, trying to dislodge the thoughts but they remained. She busied herself with another pizza slice.

"Anyways...what do you think we should do for our wedding? Big or small?"
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 12:31 PM

The thought of being able to go home with Evelyn every day was just too good to be true. It was as if this entire thing was a dream and he never wanted to wake up. When he pinched himself on the leg, however, he didn’t wake up. It was completely real. He grinned and looked around the potential goodie shop. He couldn’t wait to open it, he felt so excited and happy. This place marked the beginning of the new Erick and Eve, their beginning of their lives. Together.

“I’d like that,” Erick said, beaming, “Very much, I literally can’t wait. I want to move in with you like now.” With a smile, Erick took another piece of pizza and devoured it. He sure was hungry, or at least the pizza was amazing and made him want more.

With a grin, Erick replied instantly to Eve’s question, “Big. So big that people will wish it was their wedding. Has to be amazing.” Erick laughed slightly, but he was serious. He wanted the wedding of a lifetime; you could only do it once so why not do it spectacularly?
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 12:41 PM

Evelyn laughed. A big wedding sounded nice. All of their friends and family watching them get married would be great. She couldn't wait to walk down the aisle on Jonathan's arm while Erick waited for her. The thought made her smile stick with her.

"A big wedding sounds great. Everyone we love will be there and watch us pledge to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you so much!" She leaned over their food and planted a big kiss on Erick's lips.

She thought about their living arrangement and had a suggestion.

"Do you want to maybe go looking for houses at some point? I mean, I get my trust fund next month and we'll be able to afford our own house. Wow...our own house." She too wished they had their own place already so that Erick didn't have to sneak into her room at school, or sneak through her window at her dad's house.

All this planning and talk of houses and wedding had her excited and giddy. She couldn't wait to give her dad her plans for the shop so he could hire the right people and get to work. With her dad's resources she was sure the shop would be open just in time for summer.
^^^
Erick Gilbert
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 01:02 PM

Erick laughed, and he accepted the kiss happily. He too, was very excited about the wedding and a new life together, along with a business and a new home and everything. He was getting anxious just talking about it, and he wanted things to happen right that second. But preparation took time, and so he would have to wait as long as he could, no matter how much he wanted everything to fall into place with a click of the fingers.

“I love you too, and I just know the wedding will be really great. Everyone will be like ‘Oh my God, I had no idea Erick would have such an awesome wedding.’ Even though I’m awesome but very underrated among our peers.” Erick laughed and then rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish grin plastered across his face.

His eyes widened, “You can’t pay for the house. Not entirely. I mean I want to go house hunting, like, now. But I need to get the money to pay for at least half. Relying on your trust fund… It’s not me; I don’t want to seem like a golddigger…” Erick had already wondered if people thought he was just marrying Eve for the money. That was one of his paranoias.

It wasn’t the case, of course, because he’d loved Evelyn when she was poor too. He would always love her.
^^^
Evelyn Stark
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 01:12 PM

That thought had never crossed her mind. She would never think that Erick was just after her money, because she knew he wasn't. She could respect his want to wait until he could come up with some money, but she also wanted to start their lives as soon as possible. As she thought about it more, she realized when she had found out her dad was rich, she had still wanted to get a job and pay with her own money. She could relate to Erick.

"Okay...well, if you want to wait I can understand that. Can we at least go a look at houses? That way we can at least have a ballpark figure in terms of money..." She took his hands and squeezed them. "You are definitely not a gold-digger. If you were you would have hit my dad up for money when you wanted to take me to the resort. But you didn't. You worked hard and saved up. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend the rest of my life with."

She smiled, truly meaning every word.

"Actually, I was looking at a particular house on my way here..."
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

TOPIC OPTIONS Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1399 seconds | Archive