zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Biladeauschoolgifted. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Pre-An Apple a Day
Kelly
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:54 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

She was wondering about his eyepatch. Whenever his charges thought about his eyepatch, he got nervous. Not too nervous as to mess with his speech patterns, but nervous enough to put him on edge. This was something extremely personal to him. It wasn't like he didn't have an eye, but it also was not a fashion statement either. If she asked verbally, he would simply tell her that he was blind out of that eye, and that was that. It was half a truth, since he had no eyesight left in that eye anyway. "Hm. I can sense where people want to go, if I am teleporting them there." Leo said simply, "Or I just need to know where I am going, in order to go there. I need to have an understanding of the area, or else, you know.. I could end up 300 feet in the air, causing someone to fall to their death." Leo chuckled. He had done that once before, when he first became a Light Daemon. Luckily, no one was with him, and he was unharmed.
nosillaspalace
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 08:30 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

He could sense it. Perfect.

Andy smiled as her head swam around her home. Brunswick was on the coast of Maine north of where they currently were. She mentally walked through her now vacant shingle style house starting with it's pale yellow exterior through the creaking screen door. The home contained elements that almost looked from a different era including a grand staircase, old fashioned kitchen complete with a wood stove that her mother occasionally burnt wood in during the winter. The first floor was spotless, every antique from the home's past taken care of. They had to be out of the way of Andy who inhibited the second floor. Multiple doors were unhinged, some broken in two, a window blown out. Every bump of the second floor told a story of Andy's power surfacing and growing stronger as she aged.

Of course none of those bumps and bruises exist now since all of them are repaired and the house repainted nicely for the next interested buyer. Andy looked at Leo with a raised eyebrow hoping he sensed exactly where she wanted to go.
Kelly
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:10 PM

Administrator

Oh, he could sense it alright. However, he wasn't sure if taking her back to where her home was, was the best thing for her. But then again, who was he to say what was good for her mental health? He didn't know her well enough to be able to judge that, despite being able to read her mind. Reading someone's mind, and having access to their thoughts does not make you the expert on their mental health. "Do you want me to take you somewhere?" He asked, and stood up. He pushed the chair in and left a nice tip on the table. Leo touched Andy's arm, though he would not dream of teleporting while inside the restaurant. That would make the people enjoying their dinner more than just a mite uncomfortable.
nosillaspalace
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:31 PM

"Only if you want to." She answered. She did want to. Last time she left Maine it was unwillingly. This time it would be her decision. She would say her goodbyes and finally be done with the painful nostalgia. She gathered her books from the seat and stood from the table. "I don't want to seem like I'm using you as a taxi or something." She laughed. "Just think of it as another way to get to know me." Andy felt like she owed him that much. She wanted him to know the kind of person he saved then maybe then he could decide to stay his distance or not. It wasn't that she didn't want his friendship. It was simply that she didn't want him to get hurt.
Kelly
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:56 PM

Administrator

He went through his thoughts, as well as through the thoughts of others he was supposed to watch over. There weren't any red flags raised, so there was no emergency. He was not needed. "I don't have anything else to do." He said honestly, and gave her a shrug. Leo lead Andy outside, and he looked around to make sure that no one was watching, He touched her arm, and closed his eyes. He felt that strange tingling sensation, and then-- they were there. They were right outside the house. "Did I take you to the right place?" He asked. He felt like he did, but he just wanted to make sure he didn't make any strange mistakes.
nosillaspalace
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:12 PM

As he touched her arm Andy's eyes snapped close. As they opened she realized she was standing again in her yard. The familiar pale yellow house standing in front of her. "Yes, you did." She answered as she walked up to the white porch. She smiled as her foot met the first step. Oh, how she missed its creaking sound. Her hand wrapped around the doorknob only to realize it was locked. Looking over her shoulder for witnesses she applied more force. With a metallic snapping she wiggled the doorknob at Leo with a smile and pushed the door open.

The house smelled of dust as it had been closed up for months. A few chairs they had left still remained and made the atmosphere eerily unfamiliar. She wasn't used to seeing her home so vacant.
Kelly
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 06:17 PM

Administrator

He followed her inside the house. It was dusty and vacant. "Is this where you used to live?" He asked. Of course he knew, but he didn't want to act like a total creeper who knew everything. He didn't know what to do, though. Leo didn't want to act too friendly, and he didn't want to seem like he was coming on too strong. He felt no romantic feelings whatsoever towards Andy, and he did not want to give her the wrong idea. That had happened too many times over the years. So, Leo didn't reach out to touch her shoulder in comfort. He just rested his hands in the pockets of his slacks, and waited for her to answer him.
nosillaspalace
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:14 PM

"Born and raised." Andy answered walking down the hall before disappearing into the kitchen. It was also vacant. She looked over to the corner where the old fashioned stove used to stand and the only evidence of its existence was the intentions its feet left in the floor. She walked over to the empty spot feeling one of the intentions with her flat clad foot. As she turned to exit the kitchen, something in the corner of her eye had her stop suddenly. Her mother had left one of her favorite antiques. It was an old painting of a lighthouse. Andy thought it was rather clique especially when they lived in Maine. She walked over and lifted it from the wall. Behind the frame the wall was bare and left unpainted in the center her mother's neat cursive writing.

Loud God, Tree God! The Liberator, The Dancer, The Frenzy Inducer! She read only to realize that the letters she understood were not English but of another language. The beautifully written words were Lo Lo Bromios, Lo Lo Dendrites, Eleutherios, Enorches, Bacchus. Suddenly, she covered the writing again with the painting confused as to how she knew their meaning.
Kelly
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:46 PM

Administrator

Leo raised his eyebrows-- she seemed so focused on this strange wall behind the painting. Then it hit him. she knew what the words meant, and had no idea as to why she knew what the meant. Obviously, there was far more to Andy than what met the eye. There was more to her than he knew, and more to her than apparently, she herself knew. "Who wrote that?" Leo inquired, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly.

"I wonder what it means." He feigned ignorance. After all, he didn't quite want to let her know that he could read her thoughts.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1764 seconds | Archive