ANNOUNCEMENT: WE MOVED. Click here to go to the new forum! Register there and continue business as usual. DO NOT REGISTER HERE. This old forum will remain on but is a read-only archive. Save all your stuff like avatars, signatures, and posts to bring them to the new forum. Check your PMs if you have any.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Adamant Ditto. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) (NEW POLL)

The Hookup, A Match made by Adamant Ditto
Naive JOSH
  Posted: Sep 4 2011, 07:57 PM

No Beamo!

Group: Adamant Ditto Cast
Member No.: 5

So lately, I've been wanting to battle people on Black & White, and since the guys won't budge, I'm looking at you guys

...Basically, this topic is here to find someone to play with...in a strictly non-dirty way...It's also here to kind of work out a good time to do these things...So, I'll kick us off

I'm looking to Battle someone in Pokemon Black & White...

-Since the Battle Tower Rules are ass, We'd be doing 'No Restrictions' but you'll have to have your Pokemon at Level 100 (Seriously, I hate that there's no Level 100 Boost...But then, you guys know this already...)...Or at least in their 80's (So it's a fair fight)
-It will be Singles, 6-on-6
-Multiple Items are allowed (This is no Restrictions, after all)
-If you feel the Battle was epic, you can save it, upload it to the Wi-Fi, PM Me the Video 'code', and who knows, we may Record it, and put it on the Channel (Although, I don't know, I haven't run this by the guys yet)
-I'm flexible on the Rules, but the game isn't so much, if you want to do 3-on-3, Battle Tower Rules, (Or if you have to, because your guys aren't at least in their 80's) we can do that, but I much prefer 6-on-6, Level 100, No Item Restrictions
-I'm usually available from 12 AM EST to about 3 AM, but I can try to get on earlier

and Yes, you can post your Friend Codes in this Topic, but also be kind and post them in the Friend Code Topic...

Refer to the Friend Code topic for your matchmaking needs! wub.gif
Relaxed DON
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 08:23 PM

Top Tier Beetles

Member No.: 3

Great idea for a thread Josh!

However, I kind of disagree with setting rules. I know you're trying to make it like the previous Pokemon games but you shouldn't exclude people who want to play with you by forcing them to train their Pokemon to level 100 and then they are allowed to play with you. You should come to an agreement with who you match up with.

Say if I wanted to play Tetris DS with someone but I'm like WE CAN ONLY PLAY THE PUSH MODE WITH DONKEY KONG. People would probably not want to play with me.

Anyway, yeah I would be down for some Tetris DS if anyone's interested.

By the way, I editted your post to have the friend code topic linked so people can access it from here.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 09:22 PM

No Beamo!

Well, I only said they have to be Level 100 to make it fair...It really wouldn't be fair to use my guys (who are all Level 100) against...say, someone who just EV Trained and all of their Pokemon are around Level 30...I think Level 75-80 wouldn't even be a fair fight...

...This is why you should be able to make your own rulesets in the game

Anyway, I changed to be more flexible with the Rules, but there's only two sets in the game...

...And good move adding the Friend Code Topic to the first Post, I was going to do that, and forgot =/
Quirky Buddy
Posted: Sep 9 2011, 08:37 PM

Lax

Group: Shiny Ditto
Member No.: 18

I would love to battle you, but my internet connection won't work for pokemon black in my 3ds. i went to system settings>Internet Settings> nintendo DS connections and tried to ready my connection, and it says, "The access points's security settings are not supported by the nintendo DS." My internet connection works fine for the 3ds though... any suggestions? pfft.gif
Relaxed DON
Posted: Sep 9 2011, 11:32 PM

Top Tier Beetles

I'm gonna guess that your connection's security type is WPA. Unfortunately, only WEP is supported and WPA is not for Nintendo DS games from what I know. I assume that is because DS games use old firmware for the Wi-Fi settings as opposed to DSi and 3DS firmwares where WPA is supported.

You can change the security type of your internet connection by accessing your router's settings as well as put a password on your internet so your neighbors don't steal your bandwidth.

For more information you can go to Nintendo's FAQ page:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...rWEPkeyHelp.jsp

And maybe this might help you find how to access your router's settings:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...routerindex.htm

Good luck!
Quirky Buddy
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 03:29 PM

Lax

i have a nintendo wifi usb connector, do you think that would work, even though the router isnt wireless and doesn't connect straight into the computer?
Quirky Buddy
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 03:32 PM

Lax

^the router isn't wired and doesn't connect straight into the computer*
Relaxed DON
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 06:23 PM

Top Tier Beetles

If you need to make a correction or change something in your previous post, click the user posted image button.

I think as long as you have a connection on your computer, a Wi-Fi USB connector should work. However, if you have the official Nintendo one that they used to sell way back in the day, that will not work on Windows 7 64-bit. They discontinued and dropped all support for that back in 2008. Still, you can try to download and install their drivers and see if it works.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...downloadUSB.jsp

Let me know if you get it to work.
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 08:05 PM

Lonely

Member No.: 20

JOSH I would be happy to battle you. My DS is connected so I should be able to battle. But between work and school my free time is limited to the weekends. So set a time and I would gladly battle you.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:16 PM

No Beamo!

QUOTE (ShyGug @ Sep 18 2011, 08:05 PM)
JOSH I would be happy to battle you. My DS is connected so I should be able to battle. But between work and school my free time is limited to the weekends. So set a time and I would gladly battle you.

Alright! I'll add ya soon, and we'll set it up closer to the weekend...I should be free on both Saturday and Sunday, but we'll set up a time frame sometime closer to the end of the week (because you never know when something will come up...)

But I have just one question: Do you have Level 100 Pokemon (so 6-on-6 is available to us...), or will we be doing the Level 50 3-on-3 Battle Tower Rules?
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:44 PM

Lonely

I have lv 100s so 6v6 is good. I'll probably bring some random guys and see what happens. So till then. %5E%5E.gif
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 07:57 AM

Just your average Alien Head grappler

Member No.: 8

i'm available at any time but i don't have to many lvl 100's. most are in the 80's though

Friend Code: 4083 4949 9783

Character name: Skipier

139idle2.gif
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 08:45 PM

No Beamo!

Alright, Headcrabman, as long as you have 6 Level 100's, we can do a full battle...If not, well, at least we can do Level 50 3-on-3

I added your Friend code, along with yours, Shygug, so we can set up a match and stuff...Like I said, I'm available from 12 AM to 3 AM (Eastern Standard Time), but I can get on earlier, like 9 PM

And for future reference, Headcrabman, also add your Friend code(s) the the Friend Code Topic
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 01:57 AM

Lonely

OK can you do 12:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Sunday morning? as in first thing Sunday morning or last thing Saturday night (God midnight confuses me). if so that would be great.

139idle2.gif
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 02:15 AM

No Beamo!

QUOTE (ShyGug @ Sep 23 2011, 01:57 AM)
OK can you do 12:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on Sunday morning? as in first thing Sunday morning or last thing Saturday night (God midnight confuses me). if so that would be great.

139idle2.gif

Yeah, I should be able to do that, I'm always around my computer on Saturday Night/Sunday 'Morning' (Midnight's confuses me too, I don't consider it the next day until at least 5 AM)...But yeah, I can definitley do that (I'll post here around that time to make sure we're still on)
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 05:42 AM

i'm always gonna try and log in at 12:00 AM, and i'll wait to 5:00 AM.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 07:17 AM

No Beamo!

Alright, I'll get on and we'll battle tomorrow night at around Midnight
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 03:53 AM

No Beamo!

Sorry for the Double Post, but I'm heading online now, Headcrabman
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 04:29 AM

Lonely

GG Josh sorry bout the freeze though. And how I used a sandstorm team. Though I did have a marril for the lulz. B%29.gif
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 04:42 AM

GG, but i obviously need to lvl more.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 04:43 AM

No Beamo!

Those were excellent Battles! Both of them were!

@ Shygug, Don't worry about the Freeze, these things happen! I could've made a comeback if I thawed out, though (Maybe, we'll never know!)...Tennisball worked pretty well, was he holding Eviolite, and was it a Huge Power one? It was close, almost down to our final guys...But once I saw Excadrill come out in the Sandstorm, I knew it was over.

@ Headcrabman, it was a good battle, a little unfair on my end, but your high level guys stood up pretty well against my Team of 100's...Sorry I was a lileep.gif by Quiver Dancing on your not-so-under-leveled guys, but like I said, they did well enough for me to use a Stat Boosting move, so that's pretty cool!
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Naive JOSH @ Sep 24 2011, 04:43 AM)
@ Headcrabman, it was a good battle, a little unfair on my end, but your high level guys stood up pretty well against my Team of 100's...Sorry I was a lileep.gif by Quiver Dancing on your not-so-under-leveled guys, but like I said, they did well enough for me to use a Stat Boosting move, so that's pretty cool!

Np, i just hope we can have a rematch after i do some more training 90SpAtt.gif
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 04:52 AM

Lonely

Again GG! If you ever want to battle I have about 2 and a half boxes of battling pokes so if you ever want to battle again just let me know!

139idle2.gif
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 05:04 AM

No Beamo!

@ Headcrabman: I'm all for a rematch, after some training

@ It was, and so do I, and I'm always making more (Not so much lately, but I do still make them!), and I'll totally let you know when I'm up for rematches!
Impish MATT
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 05:47 AM

#BelittleRicky

Member No.: 1

A Marill with eviolite? BRILLIANT! I want one.

He still wouldn't be very good but I want one anyway.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 05:37 PM

No Beamo!

QUOTE (Impish MATT @ Sep 24 2011, 05:47 AM)
A Marill with eviolite? BRILLIANT! I want one.

He still wouldn't be very good but I want one anyway.

It's also Shiny, and is named TENNISBALL!

That match makes me want to make an Azumarill more than ever now
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 07:51 PM

Lonely

Yeah I caught that Marill in my Diamond and yes it was Eviolite with Huge power. I haven't EV trained him yet but I thought who cares it's TennisBall!

90SpAtt.gif
ShyGug
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 08:26 PM

Lonely

Anyone want to do a no restrictions battle tonight at 12 am or Sunday morning whatever midnight is. I'll be on about a half an hour before and after 12.
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 04:30 AM

i'm ready for a rematch, all my pokemon are now lvl 100. i will check every day from 12:00 to 3:00
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 05:48 AM

No Beamo!

I'll head online now so we can have a battle...and so you don't have to wait every night
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Naive JOSH @ Sep 30 2011, 05:48 AM)
I'll head online now so we can have a battle...and so you don't have to wait every night

Ok, ready when you are
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:11 AM

No Beamo!

Alright, this is going to be a good battle!
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:16 AM

gonna try leaving the room and coming back in
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:26 AM

thats one strong hydregon, guessing it was holding a kings rock
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:31 AM

No Beamo!

Well, he was holding Choice Specs, and Dark Pulse just flinches...Also, Hydreigon is really strong
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:36 AM

well it was still a gg, I'm gonna try and come up with another strategy.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:57 AM

No Beamo!

Yeah, it was a pretty good game

If I may offer some pointers, for Honchkrow, I would suggest Sucker Punch...To my knowledge, it's one of the best users of it (But it takes some predicting, otherwise, they'll set up all over you) I would also look for another Flying move...I know Fly is really strong, but when it's in the air, most people see it as a free turn to either set up or switch out...since you can't get the Egg move 'Brave Bird' or 'Drill Peck' on that specific Honchkrow, I would suggest either Wing Attack (The Basic Flying move), Aerial Ace (Can't miss), or Pluck (if they're holding a Berry, you can Steal it!)...I hope this helped your Honchkrow

You're Raichu could really take a hit...it took an Earthquake! but I would get rid of one of it's Electric Moves...if it's Physical Attacker, get rid of Shock Wave(I haven't seen many Physical ones, so I can really only talk about the Special ones...)...If it's a Special Attacker, get rid of Volt Tackle and replace Shockwave with Thunderbolt...and/or have Volt Switch to test the waters and get out of there, while doing some damage...I would also look into giving it Grass Knot...That is, if it's a Special Attacker...Maybe Thunder Wave...Raichu's Movepool alone isn't too diverse, but if you had Access to Pichu and Pikachu's (which you don't, sadly...), you could probably get some better moves

I'm a little foggy about the rest of your team, but if you want some pointers, I can help you out
Headcrabman
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:26 AM

QUOTE (Naive JOSH @ Sep 30 2011, 06:57 AM)
I'm a little foggy about the rest of your team, but if you want some pointers, I can help you out

my other teasm members are as followed:

Starmie (speed tank) Moves: scald, psychic, recover, reflect type.

Yanmega (fast special hitter) Moves: air slash, bug buzz, psychic, giga drain.

Metagross (power house) Moves: magnet rise, meteor mash, bullet puch, hammer arm.

Chandelure (special attacker) Moves: flamethrower, energy ball, psychic, shadow ball.

any advice would be really appreciated
Naive JOSH
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:38 PM

No Beamo!

Alrighty, I'll do this here, but for everyone else who wants advice, go to the Pokemon Battle Pointers Topic

Starmie: a Great Pokemon. I'm not going to lie, this is a good set with the exception of Reflect Type, although I haven't seen it in action, so it might work really well...If It changes your STAB Moves (Same Type Attack Boost) to be that of the new type, Then I'd say that it's not really worth it. Most People would go with the Thunderbolt & Ice Beam Combo, as it has great coverage, but I don't want you to have to sacrifice a STAB Move or recover just to have both Thunderbolt and Ice Beam...The choice is yours, obviously =P. Scald is an excellent Surf Replacement.

Yanmega: an awful design, but a good Pokemon. This Moveset's Pretty good...My only problem comes from Psychic...I love the type and the move, but it's not as good as it used to be...It's not a useless move by any means, but, for coverage sake, Air Slash does it better (Except to Poison, but most Poison types are part Grass or Bug, which Air Slash will hit hard)...Also, Air Slash can hit everything, where Psychic can't hit Dark Types...If your Yanmega's a Speed Booster, I would probably choose Protect over Psychic, just to get that first boost...If it's tinted Lens, then Psychic could be a good choice, as Not Very Effective Moves are doubled (Which I think means that it does Neutral Damage to them)...

Metagross: Awesome Pokemon all around. Since they screwed over Explosion, Both Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash on the same set is a great idea, I've been meaning to fix that on my own Metagross...Magnet Rise is an interesting choice, getting rid of the Ground Weakness is awesome, but some people would probably switch out to their Fire Types when they see that (Or, if they have it, use Gravity). I would suggest replacing Magnet Rise with Ice Punch, as it has some good coverage, but unfortunately, we're a Generation too late (It could learn it from a Move Tutor in the Generation 4 Games), but there's one move that could do a lot of Damage, and would be great on a Metagross, and that move is EARTHQUAKE!. Hammer Arm's a great move, but if you don't want to deal with the Drop in Speed, I would go with Brick Break...If you don't mind the Speed Drop, then this is perfect!

Chandelure: Awesome Pokemon All Around. This is a good Moveset, but if I was going to get rid of a move, it would be Psychic...And that would only be to use Calm Mind instead...Of course, you could go the Status Route with Will-o-Wisp or Toxic...These changes to Psychic aren't really necessary as it has a Spectacular Special Attack already, but Calm Mind Makes it better with higher Special Defense and Special Attack; Burn Halves the Opponent's Physical Attack Power, and Toxic just does more and more Damage to a Pokemon as the fight goes on (unless you're up against a Steel Type, in which case, Toxic is Less than Useless)

But yeah, if you'd rather a shorter Recap:

Starmie:
Scald
Psychic
Recover
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Yanmega:
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
Protect (If Speed Boost)/Psychic (If Tinted Lens)

Metagross:
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Brick Break

Chandelure:
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind/Psychic/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
ShyGug
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 10:50 PM

Lonely

So Josh I haven't battled you since 2011 and I think it would be fun to have another battle. If your up for one some time this weekend or next weekend let me know. Or if your not that's fine too.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 11:42 PM

No Beamo!

Well, I should be on a little later tonight, like around 12 AM (EST). If you're around then, yeah, let's have a Battle!
ShyGug
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 01:38 AM

Lonely

Cool thank you so much!

139idle2.gif
Naive JOSH
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 05:18 AM

No Beamo!

ffffffffffffffff Stupid internet died on me

...Edit: And now I can't get back online %28%28.gif
ShyGug
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 05:21 AM

Lonely

Hey sorry about the dc my internet is a bit crazy sometimes.
unsure.gif
If you want another battle I could use some more UU guys for a more fun match.
Naive JOSH
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 05:24 AM

No Beamo!

You could use who you want, but I'll probably be choosing the same type of guys
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  (NEW POLL)

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3906 seconds | Archive
Extenuise, created by Da Vinci of the InvisionFree Skin Zone.